|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Hermits.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the peahen and antelope agree upon as their only protection?
(a) Traveling to another island.
(b) Praising Allah.
(c) Avoiding the lynx.
(d) Joining the holy man.
2. Of the men questioned by the Three Ladies of Baghdad, who was known to have loved sailing the seas?
(a) The First Kalandar.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The Second Kalandar,
(d) The Third Kalandar.
3. In The Tale of the Portress in Chapter 3, what is the title of the third sister?
(a) The Portress.
(b) The Caliph.
(c) The procuratrix.
4. Who does King Shahryar send to give gifts to his brother?
(a) The queen.
(b) A wealthy merchant farmer.
(c) The Wazir.
(d) The Jinni.
5. What does the lion cub demand of the carpenter?
(a) To build him a box.
(b) To build him a bridge.
(c) To kill the duck.
(d) To take him along.
Short Answer Questions
1. The eldest of the Three Ladies of Baghdad speaks of two black dogs. Who are they?
2. According to the First Kalandar, when he returned to his kingdom for the first time, he found what?
3. If the tale impresses the Caliph, what does he promise to do?
4. Upon seeing his father a second time, Ajib believes his father to be a what?
5. At the end of the story of The Three Apples, what tale does Ja'afar refer to?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)