|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Hermits.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shahrazad do in order to stay alive?
(a) Sings songs.
(b) Escapes from the harem.
(c) Asks the Jinni to save her.
(d) Tell stories to the king.
2. Each Kalandar is...
(b) Blind in the left eye.
(d) Blind in the right eye.
3. Where does the hermit live?
(a) On a mountain.
(b) In the desert.
(c) In the backwaters.
(d) In a cave.
4. Who sends the angel?
(a) A demon.
(c) A jinni.
(d) An ocean spirit.
5. When the three slaves met by Ghanim Bin Ayyub enter the courtyard, what DON'T they have?
(a) A lantern.
(b) A jeweled mirror.
(c) A basket full of mortar.
(d) A chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two kings, Sharyar and his brother, Shah Zaman, vow?
2. Bukhayt was sold as a slave at the age of what?
3. In The Tale of the Portress in Chapter 3, what is the title of the third sister?
4. What do the sons of the Wazir of Cairo think they should do in order to have a son and a daughter so that the cousins will pledge to marry?
5. What would Kafur do each year as a boy?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)