|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Tale of Ghanim Bin Ayyub, The Distraught, The Thrall O' Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sons of the Wazir of Cairo think they should do in order to have a son and a daughter so that the cousins will pledge to marry?
(a) Go to the king for blessings.
(b) Consult the Holy Book.
(c) Invoke a Jinni.
(d) Get married on the same day,
2. What does Shahrazad do in order to stay alive?
(a) Sings songs.
(b) Tell stories to the king.
(c) Asks the Jinni to save her.
(d) Escapes from the harem.
3. Of the men questioned by the Three Ladies of Baghdad, who was known to have loved sailing the seas?
(a) The Second Kalandar,
(b) The First Kalandar.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Third Kalandar.
4. Who does King Shahryar send to give gifts to his brother?
(a) The Wazir.
(b) The Jinni.
(c) The queen.
(d) A wealthy merchant farmer.
5. In The Tale of the Portress in Chapter 3, what is the title of the third sister?
(a) The Caliph.
(b) The procuratrix.
(c) The Portress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Ja'far cannot find the murderer of the woman, he and his family are what?
2. When Ajib sees his father the first time, he believes him to be a what?
3. What does Lady Zubaydah order her staff to do to look as though they are mourning Kut's death?
4. According to the First Kalandar, when he returned to his kingdom for the first time, he found what?
5. What would Kafur do each year as a boy?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)