|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Tale of Ghanim Bin Ayyub, The Distraught, The Thrall O' Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Tale of the Three Apples, who does the Caliph decree responsible for the woman's death?
(a) The Caliph's daughter.
(b) The slave's wife.
(c) The husband of the woman.
(d) The lying slave.
2. For how long does Ghanim live in Baghdad?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three years.
3. Of the men questioned by the Three Ladies of Baghdad, who was known to have loved sailing the seas?
(a) The First Kalandar.
(b) The Second Kalandar,
(c) The Third Kalandar.
(d) The Prince.
4. In The Tale of the Three Apples, what did the woman's husband bring her when she was ill?
(a) A slave.
(b) Three apples.
(c) Five apples.
(d) Ten apples.
5. Each Kalandar is...
(c) Blind in the right eye.
(d) Blind in the left eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shams al-Din Mohammed's first daugher's name?
2. Who is Gobbo?
3. According to the First Kalandar, when he returned to his kingdom for the first time, he found what?
4. What would Kafur do each year as a boy?
5. What does the husband do when he finds an apple missing the first time?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)