|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Abu Kir The Dyer And Abu Sir The Barber.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the hermit eat/survive on?
(a) Milk and wool from sheep.
(b) Plants and water.
(c) Hunting antelope and water.
(d) Bark and milk.
2. Upon seeing his father a second time, Ajib believes his father to be a what?
(a) A king.
(c) A hunchback.
(d) A peasant.
3. What does the first animal that is caught tell Khalifah to do?
(a) Cast his net again.
(b) Become a monk.
(c) Praise Allah more often.
(d) Go to Cairo.
4. Of the men questioned by the Three Ladies of Baghdad, who was known to have loved sailing the seas?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The Third Kalandar.
(c) The Second Kalandar,
(d) The First Kalandar.
5. Why does the poor man take the dog's bowl to the market?
(a) To find out its worth.
(b) To use it for blackmail.
(c) To sell it for money.
(d) To sell it for a slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sons does the Wazir of Cairo have?
2. In the story of Hatim of the Tribe of Tayy, why did the King of Himyar camp near Hatim's tomb?
3. For how long does Ghanim live in Baghdad?
4. What is the consequence of the ruined man falling asleep where he does?
5. In the story of The Sweep and The Noble Lady, what do the pilgrims do with the praying man?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)