|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Hatim Of the Tribe of Tayy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The eldest of the Three Ladies of Baghdad speaks of two black dogs. Who are they?
(a) Gifts from the Third Kalandar.
(b) Cursed Jinnis.
(c) The Eldest Lady's sisters.
(d) The pets of the First Kalandar.
2. Of the men questioned by the Three Ladies of Baghdad, who was known to have loved sailing the seas?
(a) The Second Kalandar,
(b) The First Kalandar.
(c) The Third Kalandar.
(d) The Prince.
3. What would Kafur do each year as a boy?
(a) Pray to a Jinni.
(b) Tell one lie.
(c) Steal one cow.
(d) Visit his brother.
4. When the three slaves met by Ghanim Bin Ayyub enter the courtyard, what DON'T they have?
(a) A lantern.
(b) A basket full of mortar.
(c) A jeweled mirror.
(d) A chest.
5. Who sends the angel?
(a) A jinni.
(b) A demon.
(d) An ocean spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the King of Himyar's servants do for him in the evening after his dream about Hatim?
2. What does the hermit eat/survive on?
3. When Hatim of the Tribe of Tayy died, where was he buried?
4. In The Tale of the Portress in Chapter 3, what is the title of the third sister?
5. How many sons does the Wazir of Cairo have?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)