|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Hatim Of the Tribe of Tayy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the men questioned by the Three Ladies of Baghdad, who was known to have loved sailing the seas?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The Second Kalandar,
(c) The First Kalandar.
(d) The Third Kalandar.
2. Where does the hermit live?
(a) On a mountain.
(b) In the desert.
(c) In the backwaters.
(d) In a cave.
3. The eldest of the Three Ladies of Baghdad speaks of two black dogs. Who are they?
(a) Cursed Jinnis.
(b) Gifts from the Third Kalandar.
(c) The Eldest Lady's sisters.
(d) The pets of the First Kalandar.
4. Whose pet does the baboon prince become?
(a) The king.
(b) The sea captain.
(c) The eldest sister.
(d) The two sisters.
5. What does Lady Zubaydah order her staff to do to look as though they are mourning Kut's death?
(a) Tear their clothes.
(b) Cry in the streets.
(c) Tear at their hair.
(d) Dress in black.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end of his story, Bukhayt became the property of ____________.
2. What is Shams al-Din Mohammed's first daugher's name?
3. In the story of Hatim of the Tribe of Tayy, why did the King of Himyar camp near Hatim's tomb?
4. The hermit is tested by being sent an angel in the form of a what?
5. Upon meeting the angel, the hermit does what?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)