|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Hatim Of the Tribe of Tayy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shams al-Din Mohammed's first daugher's name?
(a) Sushila al-Husn.
(b) Sitt al-Husn.
2. The eldest of the Three Ladies of Baghdad speaks of two black dogs. Who are they?
(a) Gifts from the Third Kalandar.
(b) The Eldest Lady's sisters.
(c) The pets of the First Kalandar.
(d) Cursed Jinnis.
3. When Hatim of the Tribe of Tayy died, where was he buried?
(a) In a cave.
(b) On a mountain top.
(c) With his wife and children.
(d) Under an olive tree.
4. What is sent to the hermit after the angel?
(a) A wife.
(b) A servant.
(c) A priest.
(d) A rich man.
5. In the story of Hatim of the Tribe of Tayy, why did the King of Himyar camp near Hatim's tomb?
(a) To hear the wailing.
(b) To watch Hatim rise.
(c) To see the angels appear there.
(d) To guard it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the hermit live?
2. What did the King of Himyar see in his dream?
3. When Ajib sees his father the first time, he believes him to be a what?
4. When the three slaves met by Ghanim Bin Ayyub enter the courtyard, what DON'T they have?
5. For how long does Ghanim live in Baghdad?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)