Background Chapter, The Story of King Shahryar And His Brother | Chapter 1, The Fisherman and the Jinni
• The first two characters introduced are the brothers King Shahryar and Sha Zaman.
• Sha Zaman catches his wife in bed with the palace cook and kills them both.
• Sha Zaman goes to visit his brother, explaining that he looks ill due to "an internal wound".
• Sha Zaman then witnesses his brother's wife having an orgy with slaves while his brother is out hunting.
• The brothers decide that they shall wander the Earth worshiping Allah while searching for those who have suffered more then they have.
• The brothers are then threatened by a woman and her Jinni into "futtering" her, and giving up their seal (signet?) rings.
• They vow never to trust women again, and return to the home and Shahryar orders his wife, her concubines and Mamelukes executed.
• Shahryar decrees that he...
This section contains 8,494 words
(approx. 29 pages at 300 words per page)