|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By _________, however, students are feeling angry and personally betrayed.
2. ___________ seems to grip the imaginations of Muslim students, according to Shipler.
3. Camel caravans used to take 18 days to reach Cairo, so they would only occur __________ times a year.
4. What allows the young people who have met each other to keep in contact?
(d) The Internet.
5. Another danger of interracial mingling, according to statements in this chapter, is the risk of ________.
(d) Melting pot societies.
6. ____________ by non-Israeli Arabs sharpened the government's security concerns.
7. _________ is the name of a prison camp constructed in southern Lebanon.
8. Shipler continues to find both groups of students hopefully ______________, trying to change their ways of thinking.
9. Where do the women on the radio program and her new partner meet during competing demonstrations?
(a) Hebrew University.
(c) Student Workshops.
(d) Government Square.
10. Which group was underrepresented at Neve Shalom when Shipler visited in 1984?
11. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
12. Under Muslim control, Jews adapted their _____________ to fit local conditions.
13. ___________ guards at the camp range from brutal to humane, depending on the individual.
14. Sexual experimentation with ____________ is attractive to Muslim males because of how their beliefs are structured.
(a) Each other.
(b) Muslim girls.
(c) Older women.
(d) Jewish girls.
15. The Proclamation of Independence called for ________ inhabitants to preserve the peace and to build the new state as equals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
2. Some ____________ oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs since they are exempt from military service.
3. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
4. One of the dangers of interracial mingling, according to statements made in this chapter, is the obscenity of ___________.
5. Small __________ grants were what kept Neve Shalom in business over the years.
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)