|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sexual experimentation with ____________ is attractive to Muslim males because of how their beliefs are structured.
(a) Older women.
(b) Muslim girls.
(c) Each other.
(d) Jewish girls.
2. ____________ suffer more overt opposition from their parents than their partners do.
(a) Jewish men.
(b) Arab men.
(c) Jewish women.
(d) Arab women.
3. On the first day, the students are told to do nothing but pass each other and _________________.
(a) Greet each other.
(c) Touch hands.
(d) Make eye contact.
4. "A __________ girl doesn't have to wait for an opportunity to move next door," said one Arab woman.
5. The program allows teens to break down ___________ and confront stereotypes.
6. When one of two partners in the marriage converts, the ceremony is said to have taken place between two ____________.
7. The man in the relationship portrayed in the radio program ends up entering a _________ and becoming a religious zealot.
(c) Mental institution.
8. Shipler describes the similarity between a __________ ceremony with the Bedouin and a Jewish passover.
(d) Hand washing.
9. Under Muslim control, Jews adapted their _____________ to fit local conditions.
10. What is the name of the Palestinian girl who found connections with a group of Jewish girls, only to disconnect from them after the sieges of Ramallah?
11. How long is the encounter for the teens who stay together at Neve Shalom?
(a) Four days.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) A year.
12. Prime Minister Begin says the __________ is intent on a second genocide against the Jewish people.
(a) Arabic wandering society.
(c) United Nations.
(d) Jewish leadership.
13. According to Shipler, during this time, who ranked below the national average in petty crime?
(c) No one.
14. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
(a) Premarital intimacy.
(d) Unarranged marriages.
15. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another danger of interracial mingling, according to statements in this chapter, is the risk of ________.
2. The blood _______ which holds that Jews mix the blood of innocent Christian children into the dough for the Passover matzo.
3. Neve Shalom was conceived in 1970 as an ___________ community.
4. In May of 2001, Shipler asks students who they think the victims are in the conflicts. What do they all answer?
5. Palestinians assume that their schools, jobs, villages, and refugee camps are filled with _____________.
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)