|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Proclamation of Independence called for ________ inhabitants to preserve the peace and to build the new state as equals.
2. Palestinians assume that their schools, jobs, villages, and refugee camps are filled with _____________.
3. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
4. Shipler continues to find both groups of students hopefully ______________, trying to change their ways of thinking.
5. "A __________ girl doesn't have to wait for an opportunity to move next door," said one Arab woman.
6. Shipler points out that few Arabs know anything about ___________ as it is not covered well, if at all, in school.
(a) The history of their people.
(b) The Holocaust.
(c) Jewish struggles.
(d) The wars.
7. What is the name of the Palestinian girl who found connections with a group of Jewish girls, only to disconnect from them after the sieges of Ramallah?
8. Israel keeps no statistics on ____________, according to Shipler's findings.
(b) Land ownership.
9. Neve Shalom was conceived in 1970 as an ___________ community.
10. A young Palestinian asks to be called Gamal as he fears additional _________ if he is found.
(b) Military service.
(c) Military retribution.
11. ___________ guards at the camp range from brutal to humane, depending on the individual.
12. The blood _______ which holds that Jews mix the blood of innocent Christian children into the dough for the Passover matzo.
13. Prime Minister Begin says the __________ is intent on a second genocide against the Jewish people.
(b) Jewish leadership.
(c) Arabic wandering society.
(d) United Nations.
14. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
15. ___________ seems to grip the imaginations of Muslim students, according to Shipler.
Short Answer Questions
1. The young girl says she would like to learn how to __________, but she is too old for coeducational learning.
2. _________ is the name of a prison camp constructed in southern Lebanon.
3. Shipler describes the similarity between a __________ ceremony with the Bedouin and a Jewish passover.
4. How long is the encounter for the teens who stay together at Neve Shalom?
5. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)