|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Religious opposition to ___________ is fused with the Western theme of scheming to control international banking, politics, and news.
2. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
(a) The Protocols of Israel.
(b) The Protocols of Zion.
(c) The Final Solution.
(d) The Bible.
3. What allows the young people who have met each other to keep in contact?
(d) The Internet.
4. ____________ by non-Israeli Arabs sharpened the government's security concerns.
5. _________ is the name of a prison camp constructed in southern Lebanon.
6. ___________ guards at the camp range from brutal to humane, depending on the individual.
7. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
8. One of the dangers of interracial mingling, according to statements made in this chapter, is the obscenity of ___________.
(a) Mixed colors.
(d) Religious failings.
9. Palestinians assume that their schools, jobs, villages, and refugee camps are filled with _____________.
10. Where do the women on the radio program and her new partner meet during competing demonstrations?
(a) Student Workshops.
(b) Government Square.
(c) Hebrew University.
11. In May of 2001, Shipler asks students who they think the victims are in the conflicts. What do they all answer?
(b) No one.
12. Which of these answers is the name for the organization which handles internal police matters?
(d) Shin Beth.
13. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
14. The Proclamation of Independence called for ________ inhabitants to preserve the peace and to build the new state as equals.
15. The program allows teens to break down ___________ and confront stereotypes.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ suffer more overt opposition from their parents than their partners do.
2. Intermarriages are illegal and must be conducted _______________.
3. All teachers and government workers are required to receive clearance from the ____________, though mostly Arabs are regularly investigated.
4. Jews were rarely oppressed or exterminated by Muslims as they were by _____________.
5. Under Muslim control, Jews adapted their _____________ to fit local conditions.
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)