|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these answers is the name for Israel's main overseas intelligence agency?
(c) Shin Beth.
2. _________ is the name of a prison camp constructed in southern Lebanon.
3. By _________, however, students are feeling angry and personally betrayed.
4. What allows the young people who have met each other to keep in contact?
(b) The Internet.
5. Shipler points out that few Arabs know anything about ___________ as it is not covered well, if at all, in school.
(a) The history of their people.
(b) The Holocaust.
(c) The wars.
(d) Jewish struggles.
6. ___________ guards at the camp range from brutal to humane, depending on the individual.
7. How long is the encounter for the teens who stay together at Neve Shalom?
(a) Four days.
(b) A week.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
8. "A __________ girl doesn't have to wait for an opportunity to move next door," said one Arab woman.
9. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
(c) Break up.
10. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
11. What do Jewish children respond happened at school on days when soldiers burst into their classroom?
(a) Soldiers were here.
(b) Nothing special.
(c) The place was destroyed.
(d) I feared for my life.
12. Shipler says that a powerful fear of the alleged sexual __________ of Arab men is intermixed with all of the other stereotypes Jews hold.
13. When one of two partners in the marriage converts, the ceremony is said to have taken place between two ____________.
14. Israel keeps no statistics on ____________, according to Shipler's findings.
(d) Land ownership.
15. The man in the relationship portrayed in the radio program ends up entering a _________ and becoming a religious zealot.
(d) Mental institution.
Short Answer Questions
1. The blood _______ which holds that Jews mix the blood of innocent Christian children into the dough for the Passover matzo.
2. Where do the women on the radio program and her new partner meet during competing demonstrations?
3. ____________ by non-Israeli Arabs sharpened the government's security concerns.
4. The newborn state of __________ in 1948 pledged to uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens.
5. Shipler continues to find both groups of students hopefully ______________, trying to change their ways of thinking.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)