|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these answers is the name for the organization which handles internal police matters?
(a) Shin Beth.
2. The young girl says she would like to learn how to __________, but she is too old for coeducational learning.
(b) Make more money.
(d) Do math problems.
3. According to Shipler, during this time, who ranked below the national average in petty crime?
(a) No one.
4. A reporter Shipler brought with him to the prison camp was a survivor of ______________.
(c) Heart disease.
5. What allows the young people who have met each other to keep in contact?
(c) The Internet.
6. Where do the women on the radio program and her new partner meet during competing demonstrations?
(b) Hebrew University.
(c) Student Workshops.
(d) Government Square.
7. Another danger of interracial mingling, according to statements in this chapter, is the risk of ________.
(b) Melting pot societies.
8. Palestinians assume that their schools, jobs, villages, and refugee camps are filled with _____________.
9. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
10. _________ is the name of a prison camp constructed in southern Lebanon.
11. The newborn state of __________ in 1948 pledged to uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens.
(a) Saudi Arabia.
12. In May of 2001, Shipler asks students who they think the victims are in the conflicts. What do they all answer?
(d) No one.
13. Shipler continues to find both groups of students hopefully ______________, trying to change their ways of thinking.
14. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
15. Small __________ grants were what kept Neve Shalom in business over the years.
Short Answer Questions
1. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
2. What is the name of the Palestinian girl who found connections with a group of Jewish girls, only to disconnect from them after the sieges of Ramallah?
3. Neve Shalom was conceived in 1970 as an ___________ community.
4. How long is the encounter for the teens who stay together at Neve Shalom?
5. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)