|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zohar says that if his parents had not remained in Israel, he would have become a ___________ in the refugee camps.
2. ____________ by non-Israeli Arabs sharpened the government's security concerns.
3. The Proclamation of Independence called for ________ inhabitants to preserve the peace and to build the new state as equals.
4. Ancient Greeks and modern Europeans both sought to assimilate the ___________.
5. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
6. What allows the young people who have met each other to keep in contact?
(b) The Internet.
7. Where do the women on the radio program and her new partner meet during competing demonstrations?
(b) Student Workshops.
(c) Hebrew University.
(d) Government Square.
8. Intermarriages are illegal and must be conducted _______________.
(a) In a basement.
(b) In a temple.
(c) In a mosque.
(d) Outside the country.
9. _________ is the name of a prison camp constructed in southern Lebanon.
10. On the first day, the students are told to do nothing but pass each other and _________________.
(b) Touch hands.
(c) Make eye contact.
(d) Greet each other.
11. ___________ seems to grip the imaginations of Muslim students, according to Shipler.
12. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
13. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
(b) Unarranged marriages.
(d) Premarital intimacy.
14. In May of 2001, Shipler asks students who they think the victims are in the conflicts. What do they all answer?
(d) No one.
15. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
(d) The same.
Short Answer Questions
1. Small __________ grants were what kept Neve Shalom in business over the years.
2. A reporter Shipler brought with him to the prison camp was a survivor of ______________.
3. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
4. Neve Shalom was conceived in 1970 as an ___________ community.
5. Palestinians assume that their schools, jobs, villages, and refugee camps are filled with _____________.
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)