|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler points out that few Arabs know anything about ___________ as it is not covered well, if at all, in school.
(a) The Holocaust.
(b) Jewish struggles.
(c) The wars.
(d) The history of their people.
2. Jews were rarely oppressed or exterminated by Muslims as they were by _____________.
(a) Other Jews.
3. What is the name of the Palestinian girl who found connections with a group of Jewish girls, only to disconnect from them after the sieges of Ramallah?
4. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
5. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
(a) The Protocols of Israel.
(b) The Protocols of Zion.
(c) The Final Solution.
(d) The Bible.
6. Shipler says that a powerful fear of the alleged sexual __________ of Arab men is intermixed with all of the other stereotypes Jews hold.
7. Which group was underrepresented at Neve Shalom when Shipler visited in 1984?
8. The newborn state of __________ in 1948 pledged to uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens.
(c) Saudi Arabia.
9. The blood _______ which holds that Jews mix the blood of innocent Christian children into the dough for the Passover matzo.
10. Israel keeps no statistics on ____________, according to Shipler's findings.
(d) Land ownership.
11. Shipler continues to find both groups of students hopefully ______________, trying to change their ways of thinking.
12. ___________ guards at the camp range from brutal to humane, depending on the individual.
13. Neve Shalom was conceived in 1970 as an ___________ community.
14. Another danger of interracial mingling, according to statements in this chapter, is the risk of ________.
(d) Melting pot societies.
15. By _________, however, students are feeling angry and personally betrayed.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ seems to grip the imaginations of Muslim students, according to Shipler.
2. Small __________ grants were what kept Neve Shalom in business over the years.
3. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
4. Camel caravans used to take 18 days to reach Cairo, so they would only occur __________ times a year.
5. Which of these answers is the name for Israel's main overseas intelligence agency?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)