|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man in the relationship portrayed in the radio program ends up entering a _________ and becoming a religious zealot.
(a) Mental institution.
2. Shipler points out that few Arabs know anything about ___________ as it is not covered well, if at all, in school.
(a) Jewish struggles.
(b) The history of their people.
(c) The Holocaust.
(d) The wars.
3. The blood _______ which holds that Jews mix the blood of innocent Christian children into the dough for the Passover matzo.
4. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
5. Jews were rarely oppressed or exterminated by Muslims as they were by _____________.
(a) Other Jews.
6. Sexual experimentation with ____________ is attractive to Muslim males because of how their beliefs are structured.
(a) Each other.
(b) Muslim girls.
(c) Older women.
(d) Jewish girls.
7. Camel caravans used to take 18 days to reach Cairo, so they would only occur __________ times a year.
8. Shipler says that a powerful fear of the alleged sexual __________ of Arab men is intermixed with all of the other stereotypes Jews hold.
9. Israel keeps no statistics on ____________, according to Shipler's findings.
(a) Land ownership.
10. Another danger of interracial mingling, according to statements in this chapter, is the risk of ________.
(a) Melting pot societies.
11. The Proclamation of Independence called for ________ inhabitants to preserve the peace and to build the new state as equals.
12. A reporter Shipler brought with him to the prison camp was a survivor of ______________.
(c) Heart disease.
13. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
(b) Premarital intimacy.
(d) Unarranged marriages.
14. The first image of fire is a small campfire that ____________ light as soon as they stop in a given place.
15. What allows the young people who have met each other to keep in contact?
(d) The Internet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
2. Zohar says that if his parents had not remained in Israel, he would have become a ___________ in the refugee camps.
3. How long is the encounter for the teens who stay together at Neve Shalom?
4. "A __________ girl doesn't have to wait for an opportunity to move next door," said one Arab woman.
5. Where do the women on the radio program and her new partner meet during competing demonstrations?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)