|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ suffer more overt opposition from their parents than their partners do.
(a) Arab men.
(b) Jewish women.
(c) Jewish men.
(d) Arab women.
2. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
3. Sexual experimentation with ____________ is attractive to Muslim males because of how their beliefs are structured.
(a) Older women.
(b) Each other.
(c) Jewish girls.
(d) Muslim girls.
4. Which group was underrepresented at Neve Shalom when Shipler visited in 1984?
5. Under Muslim control, Jews adapted their _____________ to fit local conditions.
6. Some ____________ oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs since they are exempt from military service.
(b) Non-Israeli Arabs.
7. Shipler describes the similarity between a __________ ceremony with the Bedouin and a Jewish passover.
(b) Hand washing.
8. Prime Minister Begin says the __________ is intent on a second genocide against the Jewish people.
(a) United Nations.
(c) Jewish leadership.
(d) Arabic wandering society.
9. Camel caravans used to take 18 days to reach Cairo, so they would only occur __________ times a year.
10. Which of these answers is the name for Israel's main overseas intelligence agency?
(b) Shin Beth.
11. The Proclamation of Independence called for ________ inhabitants to preserve the peace and to build the new state as equals.
12. What do Jewish children respond happened at school on days when soldiers burst into their classroom?
(a) The place was destroyed.
(b) Soldiers were here.
(c) I feared for my life.
(d) Nothing special.
13. Religious opposition to ___________ is fused with the Western theme of scheming to control international banking, politics, and news.
14. The first image of fire is a small campfire that ____________ light as soon as they stop in a given place.
15. The program allows teens to break down ___________ and confront stereotypes.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the dangers of interracial mingling, according to statements made in this chapter, is the obscenity of ___________.
2. ____________ by non-Israeli Arabs sharpened the government's security concerns.
3. Intermarriages are illegal and must be conducted _______________.
4. How long is the encounter for the teens who stay together at Neve Shalom?
5. The newborn state of __________ in 1948 pledged to uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens.
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)