|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
2. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
(d) Break up.
3. Which group was underrepresented at Neve Shalom when Shipler visited in 1984?
4. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
5. The first image of fire is a small campfire that ____________ light as soon as they stop in a given place.
6. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
7. What is the name of the Palestinian girl who found connections with a group of Jewish girls, only to disconnect from them after the sieges of Ramallah?
8. Sexual experimentation with ____________ is attractive to Muslim males because of how their beliefs are structured.
(a) Each other.
(b) Jewish girls.
(c) Older women.
(d) Muslim girls.
9. ____________ by non-Israeli Arabs sharpened the government's security concerns.
10. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
11. ____________ suffer more overt opposition from their parents than their partners do.
(a) Arab men.
(b) Jewish men.
(c) Jewish women.
(d) Arab women.
12. Under Muslim control, Jews adapted their _____________ to fit local conditions.
13. Religious opposition to ___________ is fused with the Western theme of scheming to control international banking, politics, and news.
14. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
15. _________ is the name of a prison camp constructed in southern Lebanon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Camel caravans used to take 18 days to reach Cairo, so they would only occur __________ times a year.
2. Neve Shalom was conceived in 1970 as an ___________ community.
3. Intermarriages are illegal and must be conducted _______________.
4. The blood _______ which holds that Jews mix the blood of innocent Christian children into the dough for the Passover matzo.
5. Shipler says that a powerful fear of the alleged sexual __________ of Arab men is intermixed with all of the other stereotypes Jews hold.
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)