|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prime Minister Begin says the __________ is intent on a second genocide against the Jewish people.
(a) Jewish leadership.
(c) United Nations.
(d) Arabic wandering society.
2. According to Shipler, during this time, who ranked below the national average in petty crime?
(b) No one.
3. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
4. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
5. Under Muslim control, Jews adapted their _____________ to fit local conditions.
6. Palestinians assume that their schools, jobs, villages, and refugee camps are filled with _____________.
7. Shipler continues to find both groups of students hopefully ______________, trying to change their ways of thinking.
8. Jews were rarely oppressed or exterminated by Muslims as they were by _____________.
(a) Other Jews.
9. Some ____________ oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs since they are exempt from military service.
(c) Non-Israeli Arabs.
10. _________ is the name of a prison camp constructed in southern Lebanon.
11. Neve Shalom was conceived in 1970 as an ___________ community.
12. Shipler says that a powerful fear of the alleged sexual __________ of Arab men is intermixed with all of the other stereotypes Jews hold.
13. Intermarriages are illegal and must be conducted _______________.
(a) Outside the country.
(b) In a mosque.
(c) In a basement.
(d) In a temple.
14. A young Palestinian asks to be called Gamal as he fears additional _________ if he is found.
(a) Military service.
(d) Military retribution.
15. A reporter Shipler brought with him to the prison camp was a survivor of ______________.
(d) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
2. Shipler describes the similarity between a __________ ceremony with the Bedouin and a Jewish passover.
3. The program allows teens to break down ___________ and confront stereotypes.
4. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
5. "A __________ girl doesn't have to wait for an opportunity to move next door," said one Arab woman.
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)