|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A young Palestinian asks to be called Gamal as he fears additional _________ if he is found.
(b) Military service.
(d) Military retribution.
2. In May of 2001, Shipler asks students who they think the victims are in the conflicts. What do they all answer?
(c) No one.
3. Shipler continues to find both groups of students hopefully ______________, trying to change their ways of thinking.
4. What is the name of the Palestinian girl who found connections with a group of Jewish girls, only to disconnect from them after the sieges of Ramallah?
5. Shipler points out that few Arabs know anything about ___________ as it is not covered well, if at all, in school.
(a) The Holocaust.
(b) The wars.
(c) Jewish struggles.
(d) The history of their people.
6. Israel keeps no statistics on ____________, according to Shipler's findings.
(a) Land ownership.
7. Which of these answers is the name for the organization which handles internal police matters?
(c) Shin Beth.
8. Intermarriages are illegal and must be conducted _______________.
(a) Outside the country.
(b) In a basement.
(c) In a mosque.
(d) In a temple.
9. All teachers and government workers are required to receive clearance from the ____________, though mostly Arabs are regularly investigated.
(a) Shin Beth.
(b) Prime Minister.
10. Another danger of interracial mingling, according to statements in this chapter, is the risk of ________.
(b) Melting pot societies.
11. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
(d) The same.
12. How long is the encounter for the teens who stay together at Neve Shalom?
(a) A week.
(b) Four days.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
13. Neve Shalom was conceived in 1970 as an ___________ community.
14. ___________ guards at the camp range from brutal to humane, depending on the individual.
15. Camel caravans used to take 18 days to reach Cairo, so they would only occur __________ times a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jewish children respond happened at school on days when soldiers burst into their classroom?
2. When one of two partners in the marriage converts, the ceremony is said to have taken place between two ____________.
3. Jews were rarely oppressed or exterminated by Muslims as they were by _____________.
4. Ancient Greeks and modern Europeans both sought to assimilate the ___________.
5. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)