|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sexual experimentation with ____________ is attractive to Muslim males because of how their beliefs are structured.
(a) Each other.
(b) Older women.
(c) Jewish girls.
(d) Muslim girls.
2. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
3. "A __________ girl doesn't have to wait for an opportunity to move next door," said one Arab woman.
4. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
5. The program allows teens to break down ___________ and confront stereotypes.
6. All teachers and government workers are required to receive clearance from the ____________, though mostly Arabs are regularly investigated.
(a) Shin Beth.
(d) Prime Minister.
7. According to Shipler, during this time, who ranked below the national average in petty crime?
(b) No one.
8. Under Muslim control, Jews adapted their _____________ to fit local conditions.
9. The Proclamation of Independence called for ________ inhabitants to preserve the peace and to build the new state as equals.
10. ___________ seems to grip the imaginations of Muslim students, according to Shipler.
11. The newborn state of __________ in 1948 pledged to uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens.
(d) Saudi Arabia.
12. How long is the encounter for the teens who stay together at Neve Shalom?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) Four days.
13. In May of 2001, Shipler asks students who they think the victims are in the conflicts. What do they all answer?
(a) No one.
14. ____________ suffer more overt opposition from their parents than their partners do.
(a) Arab men.
(b) Jewish men.
(c) Arab women.
(d) Jewish women.
15. On the first day, the students are told to do nothing but pass each other and _________________.
(a) Touch hands.
(b) Make eye contact.
(c) Greet each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler points out that few Arabs know anything about ___________ as it is not covered well, if at all, in school.
2. Another danger of interracial mingling, according to statements in this chapter, is the risk of ________.
3. _________ is the name of a prison camp constructed in southern Lebanon.
4. Small __________ grants were what kept Neve Shalom in business over the years.
5. Camel caravans used to take 18 days to reach Cairo, so they would only occur __________ times a year.
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)