|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A young Palestinian asks to be called Gamal as he fears additional _________ if he is found.
(a) Military service.
(b) Military retribution.
2. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
(a) The Final Solution.
(b) The Protocols of Zion.
(c) The Protocols of Israel.
(d) The Bible.
3. Ancient Greeks and modern Europeans both sought to assimilate the ___________.
4. Which of these answers is the name for the organization which handles internal police matters?
(d) Shin Beth.
5. Camel caravans used to take 18 days to reach Cairo, so they would only occur __________ times a year.
6. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
7. The man in the relationship portrayed in the radio program ends up entering a _________ and becoming a religious zealot.
(d) Mental institution.
8. One of the dangers of interracial mingling, according to statements made in this chapter, is the obscenity of ___________.
(a) Religious failings.
(d) Mixed colors.
9. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
(c) The same.
10. The blood _______ which holds that Jews mix the blood of innocent Christian children into the dough for the Passover matzo.
11. Some ____________ oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs since they are exempt from military service.
(b) Non-Israeli Arabs.
12. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
13. Shipler describes the similarity between a __________ ceremony with the Bedouin and a Jewish passover.
(b) Hand washing.
14. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
(a) Break up.
15. Shipler continues to find both groups of students hopefully ______________, trying to change their ways of thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
2. Jews were rarely oppressed or exterminated by Muslims as they were by _____________.
3. The young girl says she would like to learn how to __________, but she is too old for coeducational learning.
4. The Proclamation of Independence called for ________ inhabitants to preserve the peace and to build the new state as equals.
5. Zohar says that if his parents had not remained in Israel, he would have become a ___________ in the refugee camps.
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)