|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The program allows teens to break down ___________ and confront stereotypes.
2. By _________, however, students are feeling angry and personally betrayed.
3. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
(a) The Final Solution.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Protocols of Israel.
(d) The Protocols of Zion.
4. Shipler describes the similarity between a __________ ceremony with the Bedouin and a Jewish passover.
(c) Hand washing.
5. Prime Minister Begin says the __________ is intent on a second genocide against the Jewish people.
(a) United Nations.
(b) Arabic wandering society.
(d) Jewish leadership.
6. A reporter Shipler brought with him to the prison camp was a survivor of ______________.
(d) Heart disease.
7. In May of 2001, Shipler asks students who they think the victims are in the conflicts. What do they all answer?
(c) No one.
8. Another danger of interracial mingling, according to statements in this chapter, is the risk of ________.
(b) Melting pot societies.
9. Neve Shalom was conceived in 1970 as an ___________ community.
10. Palestinians assume that their schools, jobs, villages, and refugee camps are filled with _____________.
11. What is the name of the Palestinian girl who found connections with a group of Jewish girls, only to disconnect from them after the sieges of Ramallah?
12. The newborn state of __________ in 1948 pledged to uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens.
(b) Saudi Arabia.
13. Some ____________ oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs since they are exempt from military service.
(a) Non-Israeli Arabs.
14. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
15. Sexual experimentation with ____________ is attractive to Muslim males because of how their beliefs are structured.
(a) Each other.
(b) Muslim girls.
(c) Older women.
(d) Jewish girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ seems to grip the imaginations of Muslim students, according to Shipler.
2. What do Jewish children respond happened at school on days when soldiers burst into their classroom?
3. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
4. The blood _______ which holds that Jews mix the blood of innocent Christian children into the dough for the Passover matzo.
5. Which of these answers is the name for Israel's main overseas intelligence agency?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)