|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Neve Shalom was conceived in 1970 as an ___________ community.
2. By _________, however, students are feeling angry and personally betrayed.
3. Intermarriages are illegal and must be conducted _______________.
(a) In a mosque.
(b) In a basement.
(c) Outside the country.
(d) In a temple.
4. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
(a) The same.
5. _________ is the name of a prison camp constructed in southern Lebanon.
6. ____________ suffer more overt opposition from their parents than their partners do.
(a) Jewish women.
(b) Arab men.
(c) Jewish men.
(d) Arab women.
7. Under Muslim control, Jews adapted their _____________ to fit local conditions.
8. Shipler points out that few Arabs know anything about ___________ as it is not covered well, if at all, in school.
(a) The wars.
(b) The history of their people.
(c) Jewish struggles.
(d) The Holocaust.
9. The blood _______ which holds that Jews mix the blood of innocent Christian children into the dough for the Passover matzo.
10. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
11. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
12. Ancient Greeks and modern Europeans both sought to assimilate the ___________.
13. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
14. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
15. Which of these answers is the name for Israel's main overseas intelligence agency?
(b) Shin Beth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
2. The newborn state of __________ in 1948 pledged to uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens.
3. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
4. The man in the relationship portrayed in the radio program ends up entering a _________ and becoming a religious zealot.
5. One of the dangers of interracial mingling, according to statements made in this chapter, is the obscenity of ___________.
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)