|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler describes the similarity between a __________ ceremony with the Bedouin and a Jewish passover.
(d) Hand washing.
2. A young Palestinian asks to be called Gamal as he fears additional _________ if he is found.
(a) Military retribution.
(b) Military service.
3. How long is the encounter for the teens who stay together at Neve Shalom?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) Four days.
(d) A year.
4. Shipler continues to find both groups of students hopefully ______________, trying to change their ways of thinking.
5. Which of these answers is the name for the organization which handles internal police matters?
(b) Shin Beth.
6. The newborn state of __________ in 1948 pledged to uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens.
(a) Saudi Arabia.
7. On the first day, the students are told to do nothing but pass each other and _________________.
(a) Make eye contact.
(b) Greet each other.
(d) Touch hands.
8. The man in the relationship portrayed in the radio program ends up entering a _________ and becoming a religious zealot.
(c) Mental institution.
9. What is the name of the Palestinian girl who found connections with a group of Jewish girls, only to disconnect from them after the sieges of Ramallah?
10. Shipler points out that few Arabs know anything about ___________ as it is not covered well, if at all, in school.
(a) Jewish struggles.
(b) The wars.
(c) The history of their people.
(d) The Holocaust.
11. _________ is the name of a prison camp constructed in southern Lebanon.
12. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
13. ___________ guards at the camp range from brutal to humane, depending on the individual.
14. Shipler says that a powerful fear of the alleged sexual __________ of Arab men is intermixed with all of the other stereotypes Jews hold.
15. Prime Minister Begin says the __________ is intent on a second genocide against the Jewish people.
(a) Jewish leadership.
(b) United Nations.
(d) Arabic wandering society.
Short Answer Questions
1. When one of two partners in the marriage converts, the ceremony is said to have taken place between two ____________.
2. What do Jewish children respond happened at school on days when soldiers burst into their classroom?
3. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
4. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
5. Small __________ grants were what kept Neve Shalom in business over the years.
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)