|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
2. What do Jewish children respond happened at school on days when soldiers burst into their classroom?
(a) I feared for my life.
(b) The place was destroyed.
(c) Soldiers were here.
(d) Nothing special.
3. The Proclamation of Independence called for ________ inhabitants to preserve the peace and to build the new state as equals.
4. ___________ seems to grip the imaginations of Muslim students, according to Shipler.
5. In May of 2001, Shipler asks students who they think the victims are in the conflicts. What do they all answer?
(a) No one.
6. Shipler points out that few Arabs know anything about ___________ as it is not covered well, if at all, in school.
(a) Jewish struggles.
(b) The history of their people.
(c) The wars.
(d) The Holocaust.
7. Which of these answers is the name for the organization which handles internal police matters?
(c) Shin Beth.
8. ___________ guards at the camp range from brutal to humane, depending on the individual.
9. Another danger of interracial mingling, according to statements in this chapter, is the risk of ________.
(a) Melting pot societies.
10. Intermarriages are illegal and must be conducted _______________.
(a) Outside the country.
(b) In a temple.
(c) In a mosque.
(d) In a basement.
11. What allows the young people who have met each other to keep in contact?
(c) The Internet.
12. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
(a) Premarital intimacy.
(b) Unarranged marriages.
13. ____________ suffer more overt opposition from their parents than their partners do.
(a) Jewish men.
(b) Jewish women.
(c) Arab men.
(d) Arab women.
14. The blood _______ which holds that Jews mix the blood of innocent Christian children into the dough for the Passover matzo.
15. _________ is the name of a prison camp constructed in southern Lebanon.
Short Answer Questions
1. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
2. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
3. Ancient Greeks and modern Europeans both sought to assimilate the ___________.
4. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
5. Shipler continues to find both groups of students hopefully ______________, trying to change their ways of thinking.
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)