|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ by non-Israeli Arabs sharpened the government's security concerns.
2. Ancient Greeks and modern Europeans both sought to assimilate the ___________.
3. Sexual experimentation with ____________ is attractive to Muslim males because of how their beliefs are structured.
(a) Muslim girls.
(b) Each other.
(c) Jewish girls.
(d) Older women.
4. The program allows teens to break down ___________ and confront stereotypes.
5. Neve Shalom was conceived in 1970 as an ___________ community.
6. One of the dangers of interracial mingling, according to statements made in this chapter, is the obscenity of ___________.
(b) Mixed colors.
(c) Religious failings.
7. Shipler continues to find both groups of students hopefully ______________, trying to change their ways of thinking.
8. According to Shipler, during this time, who ranked below the national average in petty crime?
(c) No one.
9. What allows the young people who have met each other to keep in contact?
(c) The Internet.
10. When one of two partners in the marriage converts, the ceremony is said to have taken place between two ____________.
11. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
(a) Unarranged marriages.
(b) Premarital intimacy.
12. Shipler points out that few Arabs know anything about ___________ as it is not covered well, if at all, in school.
(a) Jewish struggles.
(b) The Holocaust.
(c) The history of their people.
(d) The wars.
13. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
14. Prime Minister Begin says the __________ is intent on a second genocide against the Jewish people.
(b) Jewish leadership.
(c) Arabic wandering society.
(d) United Nations.
15. Shipler says that a powerful fear of the alleged sexual __________ of Arab men is intermixed with all of the other stereotypes Jews hold.
Short Answer Questions
1. By _________, however, students are feeling angry and personally betrayed.
2. The newborn state of __________ in 1948 pledged to uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens.
3. Where do the women on the radio program and her new partner meet during competing demonstrations?
4. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
5. The man in the relationship portrayed in the radio program ends up entering a _________ and becoming a religious zealot.
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)