|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Intermarriages are illegal and must be conducted _______________.
(a) In a basement.
(b) In a mosque.
(c) Outside the country.
(d) In a temple.
2. Zohar says that if his parents had not remained in Israel, he would have become a ___________ in the refugee camps.
3. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
4. Shipler says that a powerful fear of the alleged sexual __________ of Arab men is intermixed with all of the other stereotypes Jews hold.
5. A young Palestinian asks to be called Gamal as he fears additional _________ if he is found.
(b) Military retribution.
(c) Military service.
6. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
(a) Premarital intimacy.
(b) Unarranged marriages.
7. What is the name of the Palestinian girl who found connections with a group of Jewish girls, only to disconnect from them after the sieges of Ramallah?
8. When one of two partners in the marriage converts, the ceremony is said to have taken place between two ____________.
9. Israel keeps no statistics on ____________, according to Shipler's findings.
(d) Land ownership.
10. By _________, however, students are feeling angry and personally betrayed.
11. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
(a) The Final Solution.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Protocols of Israel.
(d) The Protocols of Zion.
12. Which of these answers is the name for the organization which handles internal police matters?
(d) Shin Beth.
13. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
14. Some ____________ oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs since they are exempt from military service.
(b) Non-Israeli Arabs.
15. Which group was underrepresented at Neve Shalom when Shipler visited in 1984?
Short Answer Questions
1. What allows the young people who have met each other to keep in contact?
2. The program allows teens to break down ___________ and confront stereotypes.
3. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
4. The newborn state of __________ in 1948 pledged to uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens.
5. On the first day, the students are told to do nothing but pass each other and _________________.
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)