|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the encounter for the teens who stay together at Neve Shalom?
(a) A month.
(b) Four days.
(c) A year.
(d) A week.
2. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
3. What allows the young people who have met each other to keep in contact?
(b) The Internet.
4. A young Palestinian asks to be called Gamal as he fears additional _________ if he is found.
(a) Military service.
(c) Military retribution.
5. Neve Shalom was conceived in 1970 as an ___________ community.
6. The blood _______ which holds that Jews mix the blood of innocent Christian children into the dough for the Passover matzo.
7. The program allows teens to break down ___________ and confront stereotypes.
8. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
9. Another danger of interracial mingling, according to statements in this chapter, is the risk of ________.
(b) Melting pot societies.
10. A reporter Shipler brought with him to the prison camp was a survivor of ______________.
(b) Heart disease.
11. ____________ suffer more overt opposition from their parents than their partners do.
(a) Jewish men.
(b) Jewish women.
(c) Arab women.
(d) Arab men.
12. What is the name of the Palestinian girl who found connections with a group of Jewish girls, only to disconnect from them after the sieges of Ramallah?
13. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
(c) Break up.
14. Ancient Greeks and modern Europeans both sought to assimilate the ___________.
15. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prime Minister Begin says the __________ is intent on a second genocide against the Jewish people.
2. ____________ by non-Israeli Arabs sharpened the government's security concerns.
3. "A __________ girl doesn't have to wait for an opportunity to move next door," said one Arab woman.
4. Where do the women on the radio program and her new partner meet during competing demonstrations?
5. ___________ seems to grip the imaginations of Muslim students, according to Shipler.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)