|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ is the name of a prison camp constructed in southern Lebanon.
2. Sexual experimentation with ____________ is attractive to Muslim males because of how their beliefs are structured.
(a) Each other.
(b) Older women.
(c) Jewish girls.
(d) Muslim girls.
3. All teachers and government workers are required to receive clearance from the ____________, though mostly Arabs are regularly investigated.
(b) Shin Beth.
(d) Prime Minister.
4. According to Shipler, during this time, who ranked below the national average in petty crime?
(b) No one.
5. A young Palestinian asks to be called Gamal as he fears additional _________ if he is found.
(a) Military service.
(d) Military retribution.
6. Shipler says that a powerful fear of the alleged sexual __________ of Arab men is intermixed with all of the other stereotypes Jews hold.
7. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
8. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
(a) The same.
9. When one of two partners in the marriage converts, the ceremony is said to have taken place between two ____________.
10. The first image of fire is a small campfire that ____________ light as soon as they stop in a given place.
11. Zohar says that if his parents had not remained in Israel, he would have become a ___________ in the refugee camps.
12. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
(d) Break up.
13. The Proclamation of Independence called for ________ inhabitants to preserve the peace and to build the new state as equals.
14. A reporter Shipler brought with him to the prison camp was a survivor of ______________.
(a) Heart disease.
15. By _________, however, students are feeling angry and personally betrayed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jewish children respond happened at school on days when soldiers burst into their classroom?
2. ___________ guards at the camp range from brutal to humane, depending on the individual.
3. Jews were rarely oppressed or exterminated by Muslims as they were by _____________.
4. "A __________ girl doesn't have to wait for an opportunity to move next door," said one Arab woman.
5. Some ____________ oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs since they are exempt from military service.
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)