|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
2. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
3. Zohar says that if his parents had not remained in Israel, he would have become a ___________ in the refugee camps.
4. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
(d) The same.
5. By _________, however, students are feeling angry and personally betrayed.
6. Palestinians assume that their schools, jobs, villages, and refugee camps are filled with _____________.
7. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
(a) Premarital intimacy.
(c) Unarranged marriages.
8. Shipler continues to find both groups of students hopefully ______________, trying to change their ways of thinking.
9. Some ____________ oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs since they are exempt from military service.
(a) Non-Israeli Arabs.
10. Camel caravans used to take 18 days to reach Cairo, so they would only occur __________ times a year.
11. ____________ suffer more overt opposition from their parents than their partners do.
(a) Arab men.
(b) Arab women.
(c) Jewish men.
(d) Jewish women.
12. Neve Shalom was conceived in 1970 as an ___________ community.
13. What allows the young people who have met each other to keep in contact?
(c) The Internet.
14. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
15. Which of these answers is the name for the organization which handles internal police matters?
(a) Shin Beth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Palestinian girl who found connections with a group of Jewish girls, only to disconnect from them after the sieges of Ramallah?
2. Sexual experimentation with ____________ is attractive to Muslim males because of how their beliefs are structured.
3. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
4. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
5. All teachers and government workers are required to receive clearance from the ____________, though mostly Arabs are regularly investigated.
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)