|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In May of 2001, Shipler asks students who they think the victims are in the conflicts. What do they all answer?
(b) No one.
2. When one of two partners in the marriage converts, the ceremony is said to have taken place between two ____________.
3. The blood _______ which holds that Jews mix the blood of innocent Christian children into the dough for the Passover matzo.
4. Religious opposition to ___________ is fused with the Western theme of scheming to control international banking, politics, and news.
5. All teachers and government workers are required to receive clearance from the ____________, though mostly Arabs are regularly investigated.
(c) Prime Minister.
(d) Shin Beth.
6. Shipler says that a powerful fear of the alleged sexual __________ of Arab men is intermixed with all of the other stereotypes Jews hold.
7. Intermarriages are illegal and must be conducted _______________.
(a) In a mosque.
(b) In a basement.
(c) Outside the country.
(d) In a temple.
8. The program allows teens to break down ___________ and confront stereotypes.
9. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
10. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
11. Sexual experimentation with ____________ is attractive to Muslim males because of how their beliefs are structured.
(a) Each other.
(b) Jewish girls.
(c) Muslim girls.
(d) Older women.
12. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
(a) Unarranged marriages.
(b) Premarital intimacy.
13. Zohar says that if his parents had not remained in Israel, he would have become a ___________ in the refugee camps.
14. A young Palestinian asks to be called Gamal as he fears additional _________ if he is found.
(b) Military retribution.
(d) Military service.
15. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
(b) Break up.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ seems to grip the imaginations of Muslim students, according to Shipler.
2. According to Shipler, during this time, who ranked below the national average in petty crime?
3. The newborn state of __________ in 1948 pledged to uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens.
4. Which group was underrepresented at Neve Shalom when Shipler visited in 1984?
5. What is the name of the Palestinian girl who found connections with a group of Jewish girls, only to disconnect from them after the sieges of Ramallah?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)