|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler says that a powerful fear of the alleged sexual __________ of Arab men is intermixed with all of the other stereotypes Jews hold.
2. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
3. ____________ suffer more overt opposition from their parents than their partners do.
(a) Jewish women.
(b) Arab men.
(c) Jewish men.
(d) Arab women.
4. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
5. ___________ guards at the camp range from brutal to humane, depending on the individual.
6. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
(a) The Final Solution.
(b) The Protocols of Zion.
(c) The Protocols of Israel.
(d) The Bible.
7. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
(c) The same.
8. Neve Shalom was conceived in 1970 as an ___________ community.
9. Jews were rarely oppressed or exterminated by Muslims as they were by _____________.
(a) Other Jews.
10. Another danger of interracial mingling, according to statements in this chapter, is the risk of ________.
(b) Melting pot societies.
11. _________ is the name of a prison camp constructed in southern Lebanon.
12. According to Shipler, during this time, who ranked below the national average in petty crime?
(d) No one.
13. Small __________ grants were what kept Neve Shalom in business over the years.
14. Shipler describes the similarity between a __________ ceremony with the Bedouin and a Jewish passover.
(a) Hand washing.
15. Shipler continues to find both groups of students hopefully ______________, trying to change their ways of thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ancient Greeks and modern Europeans both sought to assimilate the ___________.
2. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
3. Under Muslim control, Jews adapted their _____________ to fit local conditions.
4. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
5. All teachers and government workers are required to receive clearance from the ____________, though mostly Arabs are regularly investigated.
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)