|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prime Minister Begin says the __________ is intent on a second genocide against the Jewish people.
(a) Jewish leadership.
(b) United Nations.
(d) Arabic wandering society.
2. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
3. When one of two partners in the marriage converts, the ceremony is said to have taken place between two ____________.
4. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
(a) Premarital intimacy.
(b) Unarranged marriages.
5. Sexual experimentation with ____________ is attractive to Muslim males because of how their beliefs are structured.
(a) Jewish girls.
(b) Each other.
(c) Muslim girls.
(d) Older women.
6. Which of these answers is the name for the organization which handles internal police matters?
(c) Shin Beth.
7. By _________, however, students are feeling angry and personally betrayed.
8. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
9. Camel caravans used to take 18 days to reach Cairo, so they would only occur __________ times a year.
10. Israel keeps no statistics on ____________, according to Shipler's findings.
(b) Land ownership.
11. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
12. Some ____________ oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs since they are exempt from military service.
(d) Non-Israeli Arabs.
13. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
14. Another danger of interracial mingling, according to statements in this chapter, is the risk of ________.
(c) Melting pot societies.
15. ____________ suffer more overt opposition from their parents than their partners do.
(a) Arab men.
(b) Jewish men.
(c) Arab women.
(d) Jewish women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Palestinian girl who found connections with a group of Jewish girls, only to disconnect from them after the sieges of Ramallah?
2. The program allows teens to break down ___________ and confront stereotypes.
3. The young girl says she would like to learn how to __________, but she is too old for coeducational learning.
4. Zohar says that if his parents had not remained in Israel, he would have become a ___________ in the refugee camps.
5. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)