|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Shipler, during this time, who ranked below the national average in petty crime?
(d) No one.
2. Where do the women on the radio program and her new partner meet during competing demonstrations?
(a) Government Square.
(c) Hebrew University.
(d) Student Workshops.
3. One of the dangers of interracial mingling, according to statements made in this chapter, is the obscenity of ___________.
(b) Religious failings.
(c) Mixed colors.
4. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
(a) The Protocols of Zion.
(b) The Protocols of Israel.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Final Solution.
5. A reporter Shipler brought with him to the prison camp was a survivor of ______________.
(d) Heart disease.
6. Prime Minister Begin says the __________ is intent on a second genocide against the Jewish people.
(a) Jewish leadership.
(c) United Nations.
(d) Arabic wandering society.
7. Israel keeps no statistics on ____________, according to Shipler's findings.
(b) Land ownership.
8. The first image of fire is a small campfire that ____________ light as soon as they stop in a given place.
9. Sexual experimentation with ____________ is attractive to Muslim males because of how their beliefs are structured.
(a) Older women.
(b) Jewish girls.
(c) Each other.
(d) Muslim girls.
10. A young Palestinian asks to be called Gamal as he fears additional _________ if he is found.
(a) Military service.
(d) Military retribution.
11. Jews were rarely oppressed or exterminated by Muslims as they were by _____________.
(a) Other Jews.
12. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
13. "A __________ girl doesn't have to wait for an opportunity to move next door," said one Arab woman.
14. All teachers and government workers are required to receive clearance from the ____________, though mostly Arabs are regularly investigated.
(c) Prime Minister.
(d) Shin Beth.
15. Under Muslim control, Jews adapted their _____________ to fit local conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Intermarriages are illegal and must be conducted _______________.
2. Shipler continues to find both groups of students hopefully ______________, trying to change their ways of thinking.
3. The young girl says she would like to learn how to __________, but she is too old for coeducational learning.
4. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
5. Some ____________ oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs since they are exempt from military service.
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)