|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Children tend to parrot the generalizations they hear and see, thus all __________ are Kahane and all Jews kill Arabs in refugee camps.
2. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
3. The opening at the beginning of the book is a wandering of the streets of ____________ from sunrise to high noon.
4. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
5. What is dangerously high for the Arab population, causing concern for the Jewish inhabitants?
(a) Death rate.
(b) Rape rate.
(c) Birth rate.
(d) Violence rate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler does admit to finding much _______________ among the Arabs he visits, but little of the systematic vindictiveness described in the previous chapter.
2. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
3. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
4. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
5. Israeli hardliners play up the power of the Arabs, lest others try to understand their ____________.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)