|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Only a small percentage of Israelis identify themselves as _____________.
2. An Egyptian girl tells Shipler how surprised she was to find ______________ so Middle Eastern.
(a) Tel Aviv.
3. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
(b) Refugee camps.
4. During the takeover of the West Bank and Jerusalem in 1967, Arabs were surprised by how ___________ they were treated.
5. A reporter Shipler brought with him to the prison camp was a survivor of ______________.
(b) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
2. _____________ is a nationalistic movement, whose political agenda is in continuity with the lamentation of the Jews exiled to Bablyon.
3. Rumors spread of a ___________ accomplice and foreign tourists fitting that description are rounded up for questioning.
4. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
5. "A __________ girl doesn't have to wait for an opportunity to move next door," said one Arab woman.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)