|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
2. Shipler notes that _________ among Arabs is so high that it is unlikely that the virulent bigotry has much affect on Arabic minds.
(b) Religious practice.
(c) Peaceful aspiration.
3. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
4. Others charge that the Jews are agents of _______________, whether capitalistic or communist, and will distance Arabs from religious life.
5. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
2. Freij does not hate the ____________, just what they do: introduce foreign culture which contaminates the Arabs' ancient culture.
3. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
4. Israeli hardliners play up the power of the Arabs, lest others try to understand their ____________.
5. _____________ do not practice polygamy and enforce veiling of women as some Jews believe.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)