|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler traces _______ waves of settles, none of whom felt any mystical attraction to the land.
2. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
3. Some young upper class Arabs try to escape their _______ ways and try to emulate the West.
4. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
5. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
(a) The same.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
2. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
3. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
4. Some Arabs make an intellectual effort to discredit Jewish claims to _______________ in the land.
5. As of the 2002 postscript, there is no lessening of the __________ desire to return to their homes.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)