|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler explains that Middle Easterners have always felt the need to pigeonhole new acquaintances by their __________.
(c) Skin color.
2. Elias Freij sees growing on the crest of the hills a new Jewish neighborhood, _________, whose architecture is not at all rooted in the land.
3. Ancient Greeks and modern Europeans both sought to assimilate the ___________.
4. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
5. Prime Minister Begin says the __________ is intent on a second genocide against the Jewish people.
(a) Arabic wandering society.
(b) Jewish leadership.
(c) United Nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. The colonel tells the woman that he agrees that the Palestinians deserve self - ____________.
2. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
3. Why wasn't King Hussein able to continue his vision for peace and stability in the area?
4. The opening of the chapter depicts an incident which took place on King _________ Street in Jerusalem.
5. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)