|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
2. Shipler notes that _________ among Arabs is so high that it is unlikely that the virulent bigotry has much affect on Arabic minds.
(b) Religious practice.
(d) Peaceful aspiration.
3. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
4. Others charge that the Jews are agents of _______________, whether capitalistic or communist, and will distance Arabs from religious life.
5. Most Jews, even the well-educated and liberal ones, are so completely isolated from contact with _____________ that they can not fully understand the situation.
(c) Arab loving Jews.
(d) Peace makers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
2. The Arab side if equally radicalized, but lacks a __________ for reason, like the Rabbi Hartman.
3. Shipler describes the similarity between a __________ ceremony with the Bedouin and a Jewish passover.
4. A tiny number of Israelis understand ________, which leads to paranoia.
5. Many Arabs can not deal with Jews whose own _________ prevent contact and study.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)