|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____________ is a nationalistic movement, whose political agenda is in continuity with the lamentation of the Jews exiled to Bablyon.
(a) Muslim pride.
2. Ancient Greeks and modern Europeans both sought to assimilate the ___________.
3. Rarely, Shipler notes, does terrorism become an effective tool as it quickly becomes _______________.
4. A reporter Shipler brought with him to the prison camp was a survivor of ______________.
(c) Heart disease.
5. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
2. Failing to understand the more reserved ____________ of the Ashkenazim, Arabs were unable to recognize authentic hospitality.
3. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
4. Four heavily armed _________ seize a hostage and then release him and then are pursued by the mob around them.
5. Shipler has an extended analysis of ___________ as practiced by both the Arabs and the Jews.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)