|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A social studies teacher tells Shipler that the Jewish attitude is that 'we can do whatever we _________ with the Arabs."
2. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
3. Wealthy Jews deride the Arabs as being ____________ and about being lazy.
4. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
5. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
(b) Close minded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler points out that few Arabs know anything about ___________ as it is not covered well, if at all, in school.
2. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
3. Shipler has an extended analysis of ___________ as practiced by both the Arabs and the Jews.
4. What is the only integrated community in Israel, according to this chapter?
5. Most Jews, even the well-educated and liberal ones, are so completely isolated from contact with _____________ that they can not fully understand the situation.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)