|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler claims that at the time he and his family lived in Jerusalem, it was safer than _____________.
(d) New York City.
2. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Memorial Day.
(b) Treatise Day.
(c) Independence Day.
(d) Jihad Day.
3. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
4. Prime Minister Begin says the __________ is intent on a second genocide against the Jewish people.
(a) United Nations.
(b) Jewish leadership.
(d) Arabic wandering society.
5. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
Short Answer Questions
1. A 13-year-old __________ boy is upset by the anti-Arab bigotry and is called a traitor, a PLO supporter and a communist.
2. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
3. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
4. It is believed that ______________ changed the Jews.
5. Palestinians assume that their schools, jobs, villages, and refugee camps are filled with _____________.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)