|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Jewish lawyer tells Shipler that ___________ do not work on Arabs since they show no psychological signs of mendacity.
2. One of the dangers of interracial mingling, according to statements made in this chapter, is the obscenity of ___________.
(a) Religious failings.
(b) Mixed colors.
3. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
4. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
5. There is fear, but also ________ in the way that Israeli Jews view the Arab.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through contact with individual __________, Arabs often soften their stance and realize the danger of their stereotyping.
2. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
3. Why wasn't King Hussein able to continue his vision for peace and stability in the area?
4. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
5. Shipler seeks to examine the interlocking ______________ that Jews and Arabs use to categorize each other.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)