|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A tiny number of Israelis understand ________, which leads to paranoia.
(a) Cultural differences.
2. Four heavily armed _________ seize a hostage and then release him and then are pursued by the mob around them.
3. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
(b) Original sin.
(c) Patient zero.
(d) High point.
4. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
(c) Commander's wife.
(d) Field commander.
5. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some young upper class Arabs try to escape their _______ ways and try to emulate the West.
2. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
3. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
4. _________ work is frequently found in juvenile literature for Jews, reinforcing stereotypes.
5. The college age Palestinian who was caught by Israeli patrol feared ___________, but experienced something different.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)