|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The __________ are the Zionists who founded Israel and control the government.
2. Some young upper class Arabs try to escape their _______ ways and try to emulate the West.
3. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Witness.
(b) The Celebration.
(c) The Peace Cry.
(d) The Catastrophe.
4. The book decides to show revelations about an area of the world which is too easy to ______________.
5. "If you have ______________, you must find a way to make peace..."
(a) An argument.
(b) A problem.
(c) An enemy.
(d) A question.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler seeks to catalog the ___________ each side has of the other side.
2. Most Jews, even the well-educated and liberal ones, are so completely isolated from contact with _____________ that they can not fully understand the situation.
3. Jews can not necessarily deal with the idea that modern __________ Arabs do not fit into their stereotypes.
4. A tiny number of Israelis understand ________, which leads to paranoia.
5. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)