|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
2. Four heavily armed _________ seize a hostage and then release him and then are pursued by the mob around them.
3. Critics see no need to meet the enemy personally as they already know what ___________ are like.
4. Why wasn't King Hussein able to continue his vision for peace and stability in the area?
(a) He was assassinated.
(b) His treaty was not ratified.
(c) He died of cancer.
(d) He left the country.
5. There is fear, but also ________ in the way that Israeli Jews view the Arab.
Short Answer Questions
1. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
2. Shipler does admit to finding much _______________ among the Arabs he visits, but little of the systematic vindictiveness described in the previous chapter.
3. An Egyptian girl tells Shipler how surprised she was to find ______________ so Middle Eastern.
4. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
5. A 1984 commuter bus hijacking occurred, but the Israeli military censors imposed a complete _____________.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)