|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the takeover of the West Bank and Jerusalem in 1967, Arabs were surprised by how ___________ they were treated.
2. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
3. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
(b) Sense of belonging.
4. The book decides to show revelations about an area of the world which is too easy to ______________.
5. Power is decidedly one sided - _________ have it and the ____________ do not.
(a) Jews; Arabs.
(b) Both; both.
(c) Arabs; Jews.
(d) Neither; neither.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler notes that a shift in tactics to assaults on select individuals backfired when applied to ___________ in the West Bank.
2. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
3. Acts of violence lead to ___________, worst case assumptions and calls for retribution.
4. Critics see no need to meet the enemy personally as they already know what ___________ are like.
5. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)