|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
(a) Commander's wife.
(d) Field commander.
2. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
3. Those who are citizens of _________ are less feared than those people in the West Bank.
4. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
5. Terrorism is meant to be ___________________, not intended to harm individual victims.
(c) A message.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elias Freij sees growing on the crest of the hills a new Jewish neighborhood, _________, whose architecture is not at all rooted in the land.
2. Sometimes, being ____________ is advantageous because there is no legacy of long standing antagonism.
3. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
4. Shipler fears that Arab youth are being affected by the Israeli ___________ using strong arm tactics in the presence of youth.
5. Shipler does admit to finding much _______________ among the Arabs he visits, but little of the systematic vindictiveness described in the previous chapter.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)