|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is believed that ______________ changed the Jews.
(b) The Torah.
(c) The Zionists.
2. Who are considered to be fearsome, violent, immensely strong, cruel and cowardly?
3. The opening of the chapter depicts an incident which took place on King _________ Street in Jerusalem.
4. Shipler fears that Arab youth are being affected by the Israeli ___________ using strong arm tactics in the presence of youth.
5. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Catastrophe.
(b) The Celebration.
(c) The Peace Cry.
(d) The Witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rarely, Shipler notes, does terrorism become an effective tool as it quickly becomes _______________.
2. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
3. A journalist states that ______ are so used to having enemies that hey are suspicious when someone tries to be their friend.
4. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
5. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)