|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Syrian prisoner of war wept when he realized that the kibbutzim were not the ___________ he had 'known' them to be.
(b) Centers of worship.
(c) Terrorism cells.
(d) War camps.
2. Others charge that the Jews are agents of _______________, whether capitalistic or communist, and will distance Arabs from religious life.
3. The book decides to show revelations about an area of the world which is too easy to ______________.
4. Rumors spread of a ___________ accomplice and foreign tourists fitting that description are rounded up for questioning.
(b) Caucasian male.
(d) Asian male.
5. The Lebanese women opposes a _________________ between Israel and Lebanon because this would result in an expansion of the Jewish state.
(c) Peace treaty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
2. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
3. Acts of violence lead to ___________, worst case assumptions and calls for retribution.
4. Failing to understand the more reserved ____________ of the Ashkenazim, Arabs were unable to recognize authentic hospitality.
5. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)