|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
(d) Refugee camps.
2. Most Jews, even the well-educated and liberal ones, are so completely isolated from contact with _____________ that they can not fully understand the situation.
(b) Peace makers.
(d) Arab loving Jews.
3. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Memorial Day.
(b) Treatise Day.
(c) Jihad Day.
(d) Independence Day.
4. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
(d) Close minded.
5. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler seeks to examine the interlocking ______________ that Jews and Arabs use to categorize each other.
2. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
3. A Lebanese woman opposed her father's speech, thanking the ___________ for liberating them from the PLO.
4. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
5. The book decides to show revelations about an area of the world which is too easy to ______________.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)