|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Westernized _________ tend to be the most susceptible to political radicalism.
2. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
3. The Lebanese women opposes a _________________ between Israel and Lebanon because this would result in an expansion of the Jewish state.
(a) Peace treaty.
4. Some Arabs make an intellectual effort to discredit Jewish claims to _______________ in the land.
(c) Authentic heritage.
(d) Places of worship.
5. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
(a) Close minded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
2. Terrorism is meant to be ___________________, not intended to harm individual victims.
3. The author observes that a "great tangle of nonsense grows from a seed of __________."
4. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
5. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)