|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freij does not hate the ____________, just what they do: introduce foreign culture which contaminates the Arabs' ancient culture.
2. Rabbi David Hartman is a ___________ philosopher who states that religion is naturally reactionary.
(a) New Age.
3. The 2002 _____________ shows that the area in the Middle East is growing steadily more complex and explosive.
(d) Peace treaty.
4. The colonel tells the woman that he agrees that the Palestinians deserve self - ____________.
(b) Service peace treaties.
(c) Controlled lands.
5. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. The college age Palestinian who was caught by Israeli patrol feared ___________, but experienced something different.
2. Acts of violence lead to ___________, worst case assumptions and calls for retribution.
3. A Jewish lawyer tells Shipler that ___________ do not work on Arabs since they show no psychological signs of mendacity.
4. Westernized _________ tend to be the most susceptible to political radicalism.
5. Shipler fears that Arab youth are being affected by the Israeli ___________ using strong arm tactics in the presence of youth.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)