|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Failing to understand the more reserved ____________ of the Ashkenazim, Arabs were unable to recognize authentic hospitality.
2. Westernized _________ tend to be the most susceptible to political radicalism.
3. During the takeover of the West Bank and Jerusalem in 1967, Arabs were surprised by how ___________ they were treated.
4. Shipler notes that a shift in tactics to assaults on select individuals backfired when applied to ___________ in the West Bank.
(c) Arab Muslims.
5. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
(c) Media coverage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler traces _______ waves of settles, none of whom felt any mystical attraction to the land.
2. A Jewish lawyer tells Shipler that ___________ do not work on Arabs since they show no psychological signs of mendacity.
3. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
4. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
5. Shipler explains that Middle Easterners have always felt the need to pigeonhole new acquaintances by their __________.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)