|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
2. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
(a) Original sin.
(b) High point.
(c) Patient zero.
3. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
4. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
5. Westernized _________ tend to be the most susceptible to political radicalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elias Freij sees growing on the crest of the hills a new Jewish neighborhood, _________, whose architecture is not at all rooted in the land.
2. As of the 2002 postscript, there is no lessening of the __________ desire to return to their homes.
3. Shipler seeks to examine the interlocking ______________ that Jews and Arabs use to categorize each other.
4. The Lebanese women opposes a _________________ between Israel and Lebanon because this would result in an expansion of the Jewish state.
5. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)