|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The college age Palestinian who was caught by Israeli patrol feared ___________, but experienced something different.
2. _____________ do not practice polygamy and enforce veiling of women as some Jews believe.
3. The colonel tells the woman that he agrees that the Palestinians deserve self - ____________.
(a) Controlled lands.
(c) Service peace treaties.
4. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
5. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
(a) Patient zero.
(b) Original sin.
(c) High point.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some Arabs make an intellectual effort to discredit Jewish claims to _______________ in the land.
2. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
3. The Lebanese women opposes a _________________ between Israel and Lebanon because this would result in an expansion of the Jewish state.
4. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
5. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)