|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Acts of violence lead to ___________, worst case assumptions and calls for retribution.
2. Shipler has an extended analysis of ___________ as practiced by both the Arabs and the Jews.
(b) Peace making.
(d) Cultural cleanses.
3. An Egyptian girl tells Shipler how surprised she was to find ______________ so Middle Eastern.
(a) Tel Aviv.
4. Some Arabs make an intellectual effort to discredit Jewish claims to _______________ in the land.
(a) Places of worship.
(b) Authentic heritage.
5. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Four heavily armed _________ seize a hostage and then release him and then are pursued by the mob around them.
2. Shipler realizes there is no _____________ Israel or Palestine.
3. Children taught only caution in dealing with __________ more often grow to fear and hate them.
4. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
5. A Lebanese woman opposed her father's speech, thanking the ___________ for liberating them from the PLO.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)