|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
2. Shipler seeks to examine the interlocking ______________ that Jews and Arabs use to categorize each other.
3. Acts of violence lead to ___________, worst case assumptions and calls for retribution.
4. _____________ do not practice polygamy and enforce veiling of women as some Jews believe.
5. Only a small percentage of Israelis identify themselves as _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
2. Israeli hardliners play up the power of the Arabs, lest others try to understand their ____________.
3. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
4. Jews can not necessarily deal with the idea that modern __________ Arabs do not fit into their stereotypes.
5. Shipler notes that _________ among Arabs is so high that it is unlikely that the virulent bigotry has much affect on Arabic minds.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)