|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A journalist states that ______ are so used to having enemies that hey are suspicious when someone tries to be their friend.
2. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
(b) God's will.
3. A Syrian prisoner of war wept when he realized that the kibbutzim were not the ___________ he had 'known' them to be.
(b) War camps.
(c) Terrorism cells.
(d) Centers of worship.
4. As of the 2002 postscript, there is no lessening of the __________ desire to return to their homes.
5. Elias Freij sees growing on the crest of the hills a new Jewish neighborhood, _________, whose architecture is not at all rooted in the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Lebanese women opposes a _________________ between Israel and Lebanon because this would result in an expansion of the Jewish state.
2. The opening at the beginning of the book is a wandering of the streets of ____________ from sunrise to high noon.
3. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
4. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
5. Freij does not hate the ____________, just what they do: introduce foreign culture which contaminates the Arabs' ancient culture.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)