|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler explains that Middle Easterners have always felt the need to pigeonhole new acquaintances by their __________.
(d) Skin color.
2. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
3. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Independence Day.
(b) Memorial Day.
(c) Treatise Day.
(d) Jihad Day.
4. Those who are citizens of _________ are less feared than those people in the West Bank.
5. Shipler seeks to examine the interlocking ______________ that Jews and Arabs use to categorize each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. A Lebanese woman opposed her father's speech, thanking the ___________ for liberating them from the PLO.
2. A journalist states that ______ are so used to having enemies that hey are suspicious when someone tries to be their friend.
3. Shipler does admit to finding much _______________ among the Arabs he visits, but little of the systematic vindictiveness described in the previous chapter.
4. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
5. An Egyptian girl tells Shipler how surprised she was to find ______________ so Middle Eastern.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)