|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
2. It is thought that Arabs are practical in daily life, but exaggerated in their ___________ life.
3. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
(a) Patient zero.
(b) Original sin.
(c) High point.
4. Only a small percentage of Israelis identify themselves as _____________.
5. _____________ is a nationalistic movement, whose political agenda is in continuity with the lamentation of the Jews exiled to Bablyon.
(d) Muslim pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
2. Four heavily armed _________ seize a hostage and then release him and then are pursued by the mob around them.
3. Israeli hardliners play up the power of the Arabs, lest others try to understand their ____________.
4. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
5. Shipler has an extended analysis of ___________ as practiced by both the Arabs and the Jews.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)