|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Power is decidedly one sided - _________ have it and the ____________ do not.
(a) Neither; neither.
(b) Both; both.
(c) Arabs; Jews.
(d) Jews; Arabs.
2. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
3. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
4. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
(c) Field commander.
(d) Commander's wife.
5. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Peace Cry.
(b) The Catastrophe.
(c) The Witness.
(d) The Celebration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
2. Rabbi David Hartman is a ___________ philosopher who states that religion is naturally reactionary.
3. Shipler describes how a _____________ prisoner was surprised when he could not discern any difference between a Sephardic and Ashkenazi guard.
4. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
5. The King Hussein of _______ vows to work for peace and for security in the area.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)