Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is dangerously high for the Arab population, causing concern for the Jewish inhabitants?
(a) Violence rate.
(b) Rape rate.
(c) Death rate.
(d) Birth rate.
2. Acts of violence lead to ___________, worst case assumptions and calls for retribution.
3. The opening of the chapter depicts an incident which took place on King _________ Street in Jerusalem.
4. Rabbi David Hartman is a ___________ philosopher who states that religion is naturally reactionary.
(b) New Age.
5. Shipler does admit to finding much _______________ among the Arabs he visits, but little of the systematic vindictiveness described in the previous chapter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these answers is the name for Israel's main overseas intelligence agency?
2. The book decides to show revelations about an area of the world which is too easy to ______________.
3. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
4. During the takeover of the West Bank and Jerusalem in 1967, Arabs were surprised by how ___________ they were treated.
5. Shipler says that a powerful fear of the alleged sexual __________ of Arab men is intermixed with all of the other stereotypes Jews hold.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)