Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler notes that _________ among Arabs is so high that it is unlikely that the virulent bigotry has much affect on Arabic minds.
(b) Peaceful aspiration.
(c) Religious practice.
2. Power is decidedly one sided - _________ have it and the ____________ do not.
(a) Jews; Arabs.
(b) Arabs; Jews.
(c) Both; both.
(d) Neither; neither.
3. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
4. Rarely, Shipler notes, does terrorism become an effective tool as it quickly becomes _______________.
5. Critics see no need to meet the enemy personally as they already know what ___________ are like.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
2. Why wasn't King Hussein able to continue his vision for peace and stability in the area?
3. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
4. Shipler talks with several participants in a program called Interns for _______.
5. Wealthy Jews deride the Arabs as being ____________ and about being lazy.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)