|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elias Freij sees growing on the crest of the hills a new Jewish neighborhood, _________, whose architecture is not at all rooted in the land.
2. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
3. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
4. Shipler claims that at the time he and his family lived in Jerusalem, it was safer than _____________.
(a) New York City.
5. Shipler points out that few Arabs know anything about ___________ as it is not covered well, if at all, in school.
(a) The Holocaust.
(b) The history of their people.
(c) Jewish struggles.
(d) The wars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
2. The King Hussein of _______ vows to work for peace and for security in the area.
3. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
4. Power is decidedly one sided - _________ have it and the ____________ do not.
5. Many Arabs can not deal with Jews whose own _________ prevent contact and study.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)