Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Children taught only caution in dealing with __________ more often grow to fear and hate them.
2. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
3. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Witness.
(b) The Celebration.
(c) The Peace Cry.
(d) The Catastrophe.
4. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
5. Some Arabs make an intellectual effort to discredit Jewish claims to _______________ in the land.
(c) Authentic heritage.
(d) Places of worship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Israelis were disappointed that the Arab TV show wasn't broadcast in the West so that the viewers could see how _______ the Arabs are.
2. Shipler realizes there is no _____________ Israel or Palestine.
3. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
4. Shipler notes that a shift in tactics to assaults on select individuals backfired when applied to ___________ in the West Bank.
5. A Syrian prisoner of war wept when he realized that the kibbutzim were not the ___________ he had 'known' them to be.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)