Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
2. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
3. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
4. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Catastrophe.
(b) The Celebration.
(c) The Peace Cry.
(d) The Witness.
5. Shipler fears that Arab youth are being affected by the Israeli ___________ using strong arm tactics in the presence of youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through contact with individual __________, Arabs often soften their stance and realize the danger of their stereotyping.
2. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
3. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
4. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
5. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)