|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
2. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Celebration.
(b) The Witness.
(c) The Peace Cry.
(d) The Catastrophe.
3. The book decides to show revelations about an area of the world which is too easy to ______________.
4. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
5. Shipler traces _______ waves of settles, none of whom felt any mystical attraction to the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Only a small percentage of Israelis identify themselves as _____________.
2. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
3. The 2002 _____________ shows that the area in the Middle East is growing steadily more complex and explosive.
4. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
5. Rumors spread of a ___________ accomplice and foreign tourists fitting that description are rounded up for questioning.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)