Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
(b) Patient zero.
(c) High point.
(d) Original sin.
2. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Memorial Day.
(b) Treatise Day.
(c) Independence Day.
(d) Jihad Day.
3. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
4. The 2002 _____________ shows that the area in the Middle East is growing steadily more complex and explosive.
(d) Peace treaty.
5. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. As of the 2002 postscript, there is no lessening of the __________ desire to return to their homes.
2. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
3. Shipler seeks to catalog the ___________ each side has of the other side.
4. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
5. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)