|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jews were rarely oppressed or exterminated by Muslims as they were by _____________.
(d) Other Jews.
2. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
3. ___________ guards at the camp range from brutal to humane, depending on the individual.
4. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Catastrophe.
(b) The Celebration.
(c) The Witness.
(d) The Peace Cry.
5. Acts of violence lead to ___________, worst case assumptions and calls for retribution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
2. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
3. Rumors spread of a ___________ accomplice and foreign tourists fitting that description are rounded up for questioning.
4. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
5. Elias Freij sees growing on the crest of the hills a new Jewish neighborhood, _________, whose architecture is not at all rooted in the land.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)