|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jews were rarely oppressed or exterminated by Muslims as they were by _____________.
(c) Other Jews.
2. _____________ do not practice polygamy and enforce veiling of women as some Jews believe.
3. There is fear, but also ________ in the way that Israeli Jews view the Arab.
4. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
5. The Proclamation of Independence called for ________ inhabitants to preserve the peace and to build the new state as equals.
Short Answer Questions
1. The young girl says she would like to learn how to __________, but she is too old for coeducational learning.
2. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
3. A reporter Shipler brought with him to the prison camp was a survivor of ______________.
4. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
5. Who are considered to be fearsome, violent, immensely strong, cruel and cowardly?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)