|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Failing to understand the more reserved ____________ of the Ashkenazim, Arabs were unable to recognize authentic hospitality.
2. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
(b) Field commander.
(c) Commander's wife.
3. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
(a) High point.
(b) Original sin.
(c) Patient zero.
4. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
5. Israeli hardliners play up the power of the Arabs, lest others try to understand their ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
2. Laura Franklin notes that it's true that __________ are dirty and sweaty at work, but that their homes are immaculate.
3. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
4. Rarely, Shipler notes, does terrorism become an effective tool as it quickly becomes _______________.
5. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)