|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____________ is a nationalistic movement, whose political agenda is in continuity with the lamentation of the Jews exiled to Bablyon.
(a) Muslim pride.
2. The author observes that a "great tangle of nonsense grows from a seed of __________."
3. During the takeover of the West Bank and Jerusalem in 1967, Arabs were surprised by how ___________ they were treated.
4. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
5. Camel caravans used to take 18 days to reach Cairo, so they would only occur __________ times a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zohar says that if his parents had not remained in Israel, he would have become a ___________ in the refugee camps.
2. Shipler has an extended analysis of ___________ as practiced by both the Arabs and the Jews.
3. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
4. An Egyptian girl tells Shipler how surprised she was to find ______________ so Middle Eastern.
5. Palestinians assume that their schools, jobs, villages, and refugee camps are filled with _____________.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)