|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jewish children respond happened at school on days when soldiers burst into their classroom?
(a) I feared for my life.
(b) Nothing special.
(c) The place was destroyed.
(d) Soldiers were here.
2. There is fear, but also ________ in the way that Israeli Jews view the Arab.
3. Some Arabs make an intellectual effort to discredit Jewish claims to _______________ in the land.
(a) Authentic heritage.
(d) Places of worship.
4. Laura Franklin notes that it's true that __________ are dirty and sweaty at work, but that their homes are immaculate.
5. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler explains that Middle Easterners have always felt the need to pigeonhole new acquaintances by their __________.
2. An Egyptian girl tells Shipler how surprised she was to find ______________ so Middle Eastern.
3. The author observes that a "great tangle of nonsense grows from a seed of __________."
4. A Syrian prisoner of war wept when he realized that the kibbutzim were not the ___________ he had 'known' them to be.
5. There is too much bitterness between the Arabs and the Jews for them to generate ________ about themselves or each other.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)