|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is too much bitterness between the Arabs and the Jews for them to generate ________ about themselves or each other.
2. A tiny number of Israelis understand ________, which leads to paranoia.
(c) Cultural differences.
3. Elias Freij sees growing on the crest of the hills a new Jewish neighborhood, _________, whose architecture is not at all rooted in the land.
4. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
5. A young Palestinian asks to be called Gamal as he fears additional _________ if he is found.
(c) Military service.
(d) Military retribution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler explains that Middle Easterners have always felt the need to pigeonhole new acquaintances by their __________.
2. The Arab side if equally radicalized, but lacks a __________ for reason, like the Rabbi Hartman.
3. It is believed that ______________ changed the Jews.
4. During the takeover of the West Bank and Jerusalem in 1967, Arabs were surprised by how ___________ they were treated.
5. There is a profound resentment that Arab youth are exempt from ____________, which gives them an advantage in the job market.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)