|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ guards at the camp range from brutal to humane, depending on the individual.
2. _________ work is frequently found in juvenile literature for Jews, reinforcing stereotypes.
3. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
(b) Commander's wife.
(c) Field commander.
4. Shipler explains that Middle Easterners have always felt the need to pigeonhole new acquaintances by their __________.
(d) Skin color.
5. Which of these answers is the name for Israel's main overseas intelligence agency?
(c) Shin Beth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
2. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
3. Some young upper class Arabs try to escape their _______ ways and try to emulate the West.
4. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
5. Shipler notes that _________ among Arabs is so high that it is unlikely that the virulent bigotry has much affect on Arabic minds.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)