|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
2. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
3. The colonel tells the woman that he agrees that the Palestinians deserve self - ____________.
(a) Controlled lands.
(b) Service peace treaties.
4. Which of these answers is the name for Israel's main overseas intelligence agency?
(a) Shin Beth.
5. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through contact with individual __________, Arabs often soften their stance and realize the danger of their stereotyping.
2. What is dangerously high for the Arab population, causing concern for the Jewish inhabitants?
3. All teachers and government workers are required to receive clearance from the ____________, though mostly Arabs are regularly investigated.
4. Shipler notes that _________ among Arabs is so high that it is unlikely that the virulent bigotry has much affect on Arabic minds.
5. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)