|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Treatise Day.
(b) Independence Day.
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) Jihad Day.
2. Laura Franklin notes that it's true that __________ are dirty and sweaty at work, but that their homes are immaculate.
3. Rabbi David Hartman is a ___________ philosopher who states that religion is naturally reactionary.
(c) New Age.
4. Children tend to parrot the generalizations they hear and see, thus all __________ are Kahane and all Jews kill Arabs in refugee camps.
5. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
(a) Patient zero.
(b) Original sin.
(c) High point.
Short Answer Questions
1. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
2. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
3. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
4. There is fear, but also ________ in the way that Israeli Jews view the Arab.
5. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)