|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The colonel tells the woman that he agrees that the Palestinians deserve self - ____________.
(a) Service peace treaties.
(b) Controlled lands.
2. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
3. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
(a) The Protocols of Israel.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Protocols of Zion.
(d) The Final Solution.
4. The Lebanese women opposes a _________________ between Israel and Lebanon because this would result in an expansion of the Jewish state.
(b) Peace treaty.
5. A tiny number of Israelis understand ________, which leads to paranoia.
(a) Cultural differences.
Short Answer Questions
1. Critics see no need to meet the enemy personally as they already know what ___________ are like.
2. Israeli children grow up with the lasting impression that Arabs are a colorful, menacing _____________.
3. "If you have ______________, you must find a way to make peace..."
4. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
5. Shipler explains that Middle Easterners have always felt the need to pigeonhole new acquaintances by their __________.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)