|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
2. What do Jewish children respond happened at school on days when soldiers burst into their classroom?
(a) The place was destroyed.
(b) I feared for my life.
(c) Soldiers were here.
(d) Nothing special.
3. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
4. Terrorism is meant to be ___________________, not intended to harm individual victims.
(d) A message.
5. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
(d) Close minded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
2. Jews can not necessarily deal with the idea that modern __________ Arabs do not fit into their stereotypes.
3. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
4. _________ work is frequently found in juvenile literature for Jews, reinforcing stereotypes.
5. There is too much bitterness between the Arabs and the Jews for them to generate ________ about themselves or each other.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)