|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
(a) Original sin.
(b) Patient zero.
(c) High point.
2. The college age Palestinian who was caught by Israeli patrol feared ___________, but experienced something different.
3. Shipler traces _______ waves of settles, none of whom felt any mystical attraction to the land.
4. Which of these answers is the name for Israel's main overseas intelligence agency?
(d) Shin Beth.
5. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ do not practice polygamy and enforce veiling of women as some Jews believe.
2. It is believed that ______________ changed the Jews.
3. A reporter Shipler brought with him to the prison camp was a survivor of ______________.
4. Sometimes, being ____________ is advantageous because there is no legacy of long standing antagonism.
5. The Proclamation of Independence called for ________ inhabitants to preserve the peace and to build the new state as equals.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)