|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zohar says that if his parents had not remained in Israel, he would have become a ___________ in the refugee camps.
2. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
3. All teachers and government workers are required to receive clearance from the ____________, though mostly Arabs are regularly investigated.
(c) Shin Beth.
(d) Prime Minister.
4. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
5. A sociologist reports that in an integrated neighborhood, there is not tension, but there is notable ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
2. A 1984 commuter bus hijacking occurred, but the Israeli military censors imposed a complete _____________.
3. There is too much bitterness between the Arabs and the Jews for them to generate ________ about themselves or each other.
4. An Egyptian girl tells Shipler how surprised she was to find ______________ so Middle Eastern.
5. Camel caravans used to take 18 days to reach Cairo, so they would only occur __________ times a year.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)