|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Critics see no need to meet the enemy personally as they already know what ___________ are like.
2. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
3. Shipler notes that a shift in tactics to assaults on select individuals backfired when applied to ___________ in the West Bank.
(c) Arab Muslims.
4. The young girl says she would like to learn how to __________, but she is too old for coeducational learning.
(a) Make more money.
(d) Do math problems.
5. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is dangerously high for the Arab population, causing concern for the Jewish inhabitants?
2. Shipler seeks to examine the interlocking ______________ that Jews and Arabs use to categorize each other.
3. Others charge that the Jews are agents of _______________, whether capitalistic or communist, and will distance Arabs from religious life.
4. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
5. Elias Freij sees growing on the crest of the hills a new Jewish neighborhood, _________, whose architecture is not at all rooted in the land.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)