|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sometimes, being ____________ is advantageous because there is no legacy of long standing antagonism.
(c) A woman.
(d) An outsider.
2. Only a small percentage of Israelis identify themselves as _____________.
3. The college age Palestinian who was caught by Israeli patrol feared ___________, but experienced something different.
4. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
(d) Terrorist acts.
5. Shipler talks with several participants in a program called Interns for _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through contact with individual __________, Arabs often soften their stance and realize the danger of their stereotyping.
2. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
3. A journalist states that ______ are so used to having enemies that hey are suspicious when someone tries to be their friend.
4. A tiny number of Israelis understand ________, which leads to paranoia.
5. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)