Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is too much bitterness between the Arabs and the Jews for them to generate ________ about themselves or each other.
2. Acts of violence lead to ___________, worst case assumptions and calls for retribution.
3. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
4. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
5. What do Jewish children respond happened at school on days when soldiers burst into their classroom?
(a) I feared for my life.
(b) The place was destroyed.
(c) Soldiers were here.
(d) Nothing special.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under Muslim control, Jews adapted their _____________ to fit local conditions.
2. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
3. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
4. A Syrian prisoner of war wept when he realized that the kibbutzim were not the ___________ he had 'known' them to be.
5. A 13-year-old __________ boy is upset by the anti-Arab bigotry and is called a traitor, a PLO supporter and a communist.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)