|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the last section?
2. Of what does Catherine the Great's breakfast consist?
3. Where does Allende first see cheese being made?
4. What type of vegetable is more likely to entice an intended lover?
5. What else must the vegetable have to be a good aphrodisiac?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Panchita gives a recipe for Curanto en Olla.
Part 1) What is a curanto?
Part 2) How do the natives on Easter Island prepare curanto?
Part 3) How does Allende describe curanto?
Essay Topic 2
Taste is almost as difficult to define as the sense of smell.
Part 1) What are the kinds of tastes?
Part 2) How does Allende remember the details of eating a grape? What does she remember about the grape?
Part 3) To what does Allende liken the courses of a meal?
Essay Topic 3
Lola Montez is a celebrated courtesan.
Part 1) What does she invent? Why?
Part 2) What are the reactions of others?
Part 3) Why do women wear make-up, jewelry, silk and lace? What is the connection between these and Montez's invention?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)