|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Spanish Fly be dangerous?
2. Where was the cheese left during the last step of the process?
3. Why is it hard to buy these special mushrooms?
4. What is high in vitamins B and C and has minerals that stimulate the sex hormones in humans?
5. What does this final section contain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Accepted gender roles are challenged.
Part 1) What is an example of an accepted gender role mentioned in this book?
Part 2) How is this gender role challenged?
Part 3) What is Allende's opinion on this gender role?
Essay Topic 2
Three people collaborated with Allende on this book.
Part 1) Who are these three people?
Part 2) What is the relationship between the author and these people?
Part 3) What input do these people have in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Herbs were commonly used in love philters.
Part 1) How were they first used?
Part 2) Why were they grown in monasteries and convents?
Part 3) Why was a list of herbs blacklisted? By whom?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)