|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else must the vegetable have to be a good aphrodisiac?
2. What list does Allende give?
3. What are the forbidden fruits Allende is talking about?
4. What does Catherine the Great have the presence of mind to do?
5. What detailed instructions does Allende provide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Coffee, tea, and honey are in the same category as "non-food" items.
Part 1) Why does coffee have mixed reviews as an aphrodisiac?
Part 2) What is the history of tea?
Part 3) How is honey a significant aphrodisiac?
Essay Topic 2
Allende names one aphrodisiac as the most powerful of all aphrodisiacs.
Part 1) What is it?
Part 2) Why is it the most powerful?
Part 3) How do all other aphrodisiacs rely on this one aphrodisiac?
Essay Topic 3
Catherine the Great ruled her country for half a century.
Part 1) How does become the ruler of her country?
Part 2) Why is she included in this book?
Part 3) What is the significance of Catherine the Great's daily breakfast of a caviar omelet?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)