|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the gigolo's best clients?
2. How long have there been kept men in various cultures?
3. What are some of the most popular methods of preparation of eggs?
4. How do most women end up in a harem?
5. How many women are found in a Turkish harem in 1909?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe this list.
2. What does the mistress do to kill her lover?
3. What does Allende learn about from her mother's experience in Turkey?
4. What is the history of orgies?
5. Describe the sense of taste.
6. Describe this list.
7. Describe Spanish Fly.
8. How does the hero save the woman?
9. What does the final section of the book contain?
10. Why are the men attracted to Lola Montez?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lola Montez is a celebrated courtesan.
Part 1) What does she invent? Why?
Part 2) What are the reactions of others?
Part 3) Why do women wear make-up, jewelry, silk and lace? What is the connection between these and Montez's invention?
Essay Topic 2
Nouvelle cuisine is not liked or trusted by the author.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What types of foods does she prefer?
Part 3) Why does she include food she does not enjoy in this book? What is her purpose for this book?
Essay Topic 3
Allende travels to the Amazon jungle.
Part 1) What does the jungle mean to its inhabitants?
Part 2) What are two activities in which she partakes with the natives?
Part 3) How does Allende How does Allende describe the food she eats in the jungle?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)