|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can a family friend not eat chicken for ten years?
2. What happened when Allende began making bread regularly?
3. With what does this chapter deal?
4. What were herbs and spices grown in convent and monastery gardens used for?
5. Who took over domestic chores and maternal duties?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Robert Shekter become the book's illustrator?
2. What are unclassifiables?
3. What is nouvelle cuisine?
4. What is the history of orgies?
5. How are eggs known in all cultures?
6. What is a fugu?
7. Why does Allende question the aphrodisiac qualities of coffee?
8. What is Lot's story?
9. Describe sheep shearing season.
10. What does this chapter detail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Coffee, tea, and honey are in the same category as "non-food" items.
Part 1) Why does coffee have mixed reviews as an aphrodisiac?
Part 2) What is the history of tea?
Part 3) How is honey a significant aphrodisiac?
Essay Topic 2
Nouvelle cuisine is not liked or trusted by the author.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What types of foods does she prefer?
Part 3) Why does she include food she does not enjoy in this book? What is her purpose for this book?
Essay Topic 3
Allende names one aphrodisiac as the most powerful of all aphrodisiacs.
Part 1) What is it?
Part 2) Why is it the most powerful?
Part 3) How do all other aphrodisiacs rely on this one aphrodisiac?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)