|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allende's mother realize while in Turkey?
(a) Good quality wine was difficult to find.
(b) Turkish people do not drink wine.
(c) There was an over-abundance of wine.
(d) Turkey does not allow the production of wine.
2. What are listed as fruits but are not traditionally classified as fruits in American culture?
(a) Summer squash and almonds.
(b) Olives and walnuts.
(c) Tomatoes and Zucchini.
(d) Avocados and pistachios.
3. How was the cheese made?
(a) In the heat from curdled, bacteria-filled milk.
(b) In the cold, sterile environment of a factory.
(c) In a small, cool barn in fresh milk.
(d) In a factory with processed milk.
4. What does Catherine the Great do for half a century?
(a) She takes care of the poor.
(b) She rules her husband's country.
(c) She guides her husband in all the decisions he makes.
(d) She wastes her time.
5. What health benefits does wine have when drunk in moderation?
(a) It helps in weight loss.
(b) It creates a clearer complexion.
(c) It reduces wear on the heart.
(d) It makes everyone more beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the most common ingredients in love philters during the Middle Ages?
2. When they return, what is the only thing remaining?
3. What do some birds and animal purposely do?
4. What form of communication without words is centuries old?
5. When does the bond between food and pleasure begin?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)