|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Catherine the Great's breakfast consist?
(a) A cup of coffee.
(b) Vodka-laced tea and a caviar omelet.
(c) Bacon and sausage with pancakes.
(d) Waffles with strawberry jam.
2. What does he prepare for her?
(a) A glass of red wine.
(b) A beautiful dinner of roast duck and vegetables.
(c) All of her favorite vegetarian dishes.
(d) A list of movies to see.
3. To what does Allende compare an omelet?
(a) The music of an Indian snake charmer.
(b) A delicious dessert.
(c) The breakfast of champions.
(d) An Italian opera.
4. What is wrong with the Caribbean climate?
(a) It rains too much.
(b) There are many large insects due to the weather.
(c) It is too humid.
(d) The flowers do not grow well.
5. How does he convince her to remove her clothing?
(a) He removes his clothing.
(b) It is hot outside, and she should go swimming.
(c) So he may spray insect repellant on her.
(d) She walked into poison ivy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vegetable is more likely to entice an intended lover?
2. What does Catherine the Great have the presence of mind to do?
3. What is the purpose of the last section?
4. What is a lesser-known fruit she names?
5. Who developed the technique of distillation?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)