|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are said to have aphrodisiac qualities?
(a) Game birds.
2. Who took over domestic chores and maternal duties?
(a) The children.
(b) Housekeepers and nannies.
(c) The younger women in the home.
(d) The neighboring women.
3. Why can a family friend not eat chicken for ten years?
(a) He found out that many chickens have horrible lives before they are killed.
(b) He became a Buddhist for ten years.
(c) He does not like the taste of chicken.
(d) He killed a chicken so unsuccessfully that he was traumatized.
4. What type of writer's experience regarding food and meals is described in this chapter?
5. With what does this chapter deal?
(a) The more exotic things eaten by humans.
(b) The few things not eaten by humans.
(c) The stranger things eaten by humans.
(d) The more interesting things eaten by humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nin say makes sex truly fulfilling?
2. Why does Tabra travel with Mahmoud?
3. What do Japanese male prostitutes do in order to have a variety of sexual positions from which to choose?
4. What animal is rich in vitamins, minerals, and protein, low in fate, and has delicious flavor?
5. How many women are found in a Turkish harem in 1909?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tantra?
2. What is the origin of forks, knives, and spoons?
3. What does the final section of the book contain?
4. What is nouvelle cuisine?
5. Upon what do the sensual qualities of vegetables depend?
6. What does this chapter detail?
7. Of what does this chapter consist?
8. Where does Mahmoud take Tabra?
9. What is Lot's story?
10. Describe wine.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)