|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does attraction begin in humans?
(a) Up close, through smell.
(b) During a dinner conversation.
(c) From a distance, through the eyes.
(d) From a distance, through sound.
2. How long have there been kept men in various cultures?
(a) Only a few centuries.
(b) Before the birth of Christianity.
(c) Since the Middle Ages.
(d) As far back as recorded history.
3. What happened when Allende began making bread regularly?
(a) She became better at making bread.
(b) She decided to open her own patisserie.
(c) Everyone became tired of bread.
(d) The adults in the household gained weight.
4. What is a delicacy in the Amazon jungle?
(a) Fillet of flounder.
(b) Snake skewer.
(c) Broiled alligator.
(d) Roasted monkey.
5. What is the cause for the modern day obsession with variety?
(a) People having lost the gift of savoring simple things in life.
(b) Loss of creativity, due to the rigid education systems.
(d) Busy schedules.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Allende's friend's blind date turn into a Herculean god?
2. Why do people today turn to ever-stranger aphrodisiacs?
3. How do most women end up in a harem?
4. What does Allende believe is the most powerful aphrodisiac?
5. What is the greatest drawback to eating shellfish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Allende learn about from her mother's experience in Turkey?
2. What does Allende suggest should be in the home?
3. How does the hero save the woman?
4. What is the significance of appetite and sex?
5. What is Tantra?
6. What is nouvelle cuisine?
7. How are eggs known in all cultures?
8. To what does Allende compare a freshly-prepared omelet?
9. What are truffles?
10. What is Lot's story?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)