|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does he die?
(a) A drop of essence on his tongue.
(b) Jumping off a cliff.
(c) A stab wound to the chest.
(d) Drowning in a bath of perfumes.
2. Who took over domestic chores and maternal duties?
(a) The children.
(b) Housekeepers and nannies.
(c) The younger women in the home.
(d) The neighboring women.
3. What were herbs and spices grown in convent and monastery gardens used for?
(a) Aphrodisiac purposes.
(b) Medicinal purposes.
(c) Flavoring food.
(d) Preserving food.
4. What does Allende believe is the most powerful aphrodisiac?
5. What is a delicacy in the Amazon jungle?
(a) Roasted monkey.
(b) Fillet of flounder.
(c) Broiled alligator.
(d) Snake skewer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she write for this person?
2. Why does Lola Montez invent the Tarantula?
3. Of what is wheat a symbol?
4. What happened when Allende began making bread regularly?
5. When does this story originate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Allende write for each fruit listed?
2. To what does Allende compare a freshly-prepared omelet?
3. What happens after Allende's grandmother's death?
4. What does Allende suggest should be in the home?
5. What is the jungle to its inhabitants?
6. Describe Spanish Fly.
7. Of what does the second part of this chapter consist?
8. How does Allende feel about making bread?
9. Why does Allende question the aphrodisiac qualities of coffee?
10. What is the origin of forks, knives, and spoons?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)