|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Catherine the Great marry?
(a) An old scholar.
(b) Her teacher.
(c) A handsome prince.
(d) An ugly, gluttonous man.
2. What is the cause for the modern day obsession with variety?
(b) Busy schedules.
(c) Loss of creativity, due to the rigid education systems.
(d) People having lost the gift of savoring simple things in life.
3. What values were acceptable in Allende's family?
(a) Those having to do with religion and faith.
(b) Those having to do with Chilean culture.
(c) Those having to do with her father's interests.
(d) Those having to do with the mind and the spirit.
4. What does Allende believe is the most powerful aphrodisiac?
5. What is the purpose of excess consumption of both food and sex?
(d) Have in abundance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kinds of tastes are there?
2. With what are doves originally associated?
3. What triggers a woman's sexual impulses?
4. What are said to have aphrodisiac qualities?
5. What are supposed to have the highest aphrodisiac value?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Allende begin this chapter?
2. Describe the professor's pursuit of Colomba.
3. What are truffles?
4. What does Allende learn about from her mother's experience in Turkey?
5. What makes sex truly fulfilling?
6. Upon what do the sensual qualities of vegetables depend?
7. What is the history of kept men?
8. How does Robert Shekter become the book's illustrator?
9. What is the history of tea?
10. Of what does the second part of this chapter consist?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)