|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is any alcohol perceived to be better?
(a) When served during a meal.
(b) When it is consumed quickly.
(c) When it is chilled.
(d) When it is served in good crystal.
2. What is a side effect of wine?
(a) Clear vision.
(b) More advanced vocabulary.
(c) Temporary impotence.
3. What does Allende's mother realize while in Turkey?
(a) There was an over-abundance of wine.
(b) Turkey does not allow the production of wine.
(c) Turkish people do not drink wine.
(d) Good quality wine was difficult to find.
4. What do forget-me-knots symbolize to Allende?
(a) Her exile from her homeland.
(b) Her sixteenth birthday.
(c) Her marriage.
(d) Her first day back in her homeland.
5. What is the definition of nouvelle cuisine?
(a) New ingredients used to enhance old recipes.
(b) The same ingredients combined in more ethnic combinations, including more Asian and Latin American influences.
(c) New French food.
(d) Entirely new ingredients and recipes.
6. What does this chapter list?
(a) Vegetables that are considered aphrodisiac.
(b) Vegetables that are not considered aphrodisiac.
(c) Fruits that are not aphordisiac.
(d) Fruits that are aphrodisiac.
7. What is high in vitamins B and C and has minerals that stimulate the sex hormones in humans?
8. What list does Allende give?
(a) Recipes calling for various fruits.
(b) The most exotic and unknown fruits.
(c) All the fruits that are considered aphrodisiac in nature.
(d) The most strange fruits.
9. Where does Allende first see cheese being made?
(a) At a factory farm in California.
(b) At a rustic dairy in Venezuela.
(c) At a moderately-sized dairy in Wisconsin.
(d) At a factory farm in Ohio.
10. About what does she write?
(a) The role of love in her life.
(b) The role of aphrodisiacs in her life.
(c) The role of food in her life.
(d) The role of men in her life.
11. How does Allende begin the chapter?
(a) With a list of her least favorite vegetables.
(b) With a list of her favorite vegetables.
(c) With an apology for any mistakes or omissions that might exist.
(d) With a list of recipes.
12. What is a lesser-known fruit she names?
(c) Star fruit.
13. What mushrooms are rare, prized, and very expensive?
(d) White Beech.
14. What is the greatest aphrodisiac of all?
15. What is the purpose of the last section?
(a) To be used.
(b) To be understood.
(c) To be studied.
(d) To be admired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wine should be served first?
2. What does nouvelle cuisine require?
3. What was established by the eighteenth century?
4. Where does he invite her?
5. Who is a vegetarian that is mentioned?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)