|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Allende feel about the waiters, menus, and dishes served in the nouvelle restaurants?
(a) She does not trust them.
(b) She is encouraged by them.
(c) She is proud of them.
(d) She loves them.
2. What mushrooms are rare, prized, and very expensive?
(a) White Beech.
3. What wine should be served first?
(a) Red wine.
(b) Blush wine.
(c) Dessert wine.
(d) White wine.
4. What is wrong with the Caribbean climate?
(a) It is too humid.
(b) It rains too much.
(c) The flowers do not grow well.
(d) There are many large insects due to the weather.
5. What does nouvelle cuisine require?
(a) Rich sauces.
(b) Highly trained chefs.
(d) Expensive ingredients.
6. What is the greatest aphrodisiac of all?
7. Who pursues Colomba?
(a) Her roommate's boyfriend.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her married college art professor.
(d) Her neighbor.
8. What is not included in this section?
(b) Hors d'oeuvres.
(c) Medicinal cures.
9. What does she hope to maintain for the duration of her life?
(a) Her figure.
(b) Her mental stability.
(c) Her health.
(d) Love and sexual relations.
10. Upon what do vegetables depend for their sensual qualities?
(a) Their size.
(b) Their freshness.
(c) Their shape.
(d) Their color.
11. What list does Allende give?
(a) The most exotic and unknown fruits.
(b) The most strange fruits.
(c) All the fruits that are considered aphrodisiac in nature.
(d) Recipes calling for various fruits.
12. How does Allende begin the chapter?
(a) With an apology for any mistakes or omissions that might exist.
(b) With a list of recipes.
(c) With a list of her least favorite vegetables.
(d) With a list of her favorite vegetables.
13. What does Catherine the Great have the presence of mind to do?
(a) To have her children educated.
(b) Marry her children into wealthy families.
(c) Have her husband eliminated.
(d) Divorce her husband.
14. What type of vegetable is more likely to entice an intended lover?
(a) The larger vegetable.
(b) The fresher vegetable.
(c) The rounder vegetable.
(d) The more colorful vegetable.
15. Who convinces them to leave the pasture?
(a) An impatient bull.
(b) The insects that are biting.
(c) The farmer who owns the pasture.
(d) Colomba's conscience.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does he convince her to remove her clothing?
2. What are the positive aspects of nouvelle cuisine?
3. What are the great motivators of history?
4. What do the last two pages list?
5. What are listed as fruits but are not traditionally classified as fruits in American culture?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)