|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does nouvelle cuisine require?
(a) Expensive ingredients.
(c) Rich sauces.
(d) Highly trained chefs.
2. Who is a vegetarian that is mentioned?
(b) Panchita Llona.
(d) Robert Shekter.
3. The mushroom activates a gland in the pig that produces the same pheromones present in humans when they feel what emotion?
4. When does the bond between food and pleasure begin?
(a) On a first date.
(b) When a mother prepares meals for her children.
(c) When a baby eats solid foods.
(d) When a baby begins to nurse.
5. How was the cheese made?
(a) In a small, cool barn in fresh milk.
(b) In the heat from curdled, bacteria-filled milk.
(c) In a factory with processed milk.
(d) In the cold, sterile environment of a factory.
6. When they return, what is the only thing remaining?
(a) The basket of food.
(b) The blanket.
(c) Colomba's shoes.
(d) Colomba's straw hat.
7. Who convinces them to leave the pasture?
(a) An impatient bull.
(b) The insects that are biting.
(c) The farmer who owns the pasture.
(d) Colomba's conscience.
8. Why can Spanish Fly be dangerous?
(a) It destroys the nervous system.
(b) It ultimately leads to lightheadedness and even insanity.
(c) It causes blood clots.
(d) It creates paralysis.
9. What is a cult that explores the possibilities of eroticism as a path to illumination?
10. What is included at the end of this chapter?
(a) Many vegetarian recipes.
(b) The reasons for being a vegetarian.
(c) A list of aphrodisiac vegetables.
(d) A recipe for vegetarian ratatouille.
11. How is nouvelle cuisine perceived?
(a) As fresher.
(b) As less flavorful.
(c) As more flavorful.
(d) As a safe alternative to ethnic foods.
12. What does this chapter highlight?
(a) All love potions.
(b) The deadliest love potions.
(c) Love potions created from unusual ingredients.
(d) The worst tasting love potions.
13. What else must the vegetable have to be a good aphrodisiac?
(a) A sweet taste.
(b) Skin-like colors and a lingering scent.
(c) Brigh color.
(d) A strong smell.
14. What does Catherine the Great have the presence of mind to do?
(a) To have her children educated.
(b) Divorce her husband.
(c) Marry her children into wealthy families.
(d) Have her husband eliminated.
15. Of what does Catherine the Great's breakfast consist?
(a) Bacon and sausage with pancakes.
(b) Waffles with strawberry jam.
(c) A cup of coffee.
(d) Vodka-laced tea and a caviar omelet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Allende always wanted?
2. Who developed the technique of distillation?
3. How is this list arranged?
4. What is the best shape for a vegetable that is an aphrodisiac?
5. What are the positive aspects of nouvelle cuisine?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)