|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they return, what is the only thing remaining?
(a) Colomba's shoes.
(b) The basket of food.
(c) Colomba's straw hat.
(d) The blanket.
2. Who is a vegetarian that is mentioned?
(b) Panchita Llona.
(c) Robert Shekter.
3. What does she hope to maintain for the duration of her life?
(a) Her mental stability.
(b) Her health.
(c) Love and sexual relations.
(d) Her figure.
4. Who convinces them to leave the pasture?
(a) An impatient bull.
(b) The insects that are biting.
(c) The farmer who owns the pasture.
(d) Colomba's conscience.
5. In what does Allende believe?
(a) Arranged marriages.
(b) Eating healthy food.
(c) Love at first sight.
(d) Drinking large amounts of wine.
6. What does Catherine the Great have the presence of mind to do?
(a) Marry her children into wealthy families.
(b) Divorce her husband.
(c) Have her husband eliminated.
(d) To have her children educated.
7. What does this chapter highlight?
(a) All love potions.
(b) Love potions created from unusual ingredients.
(c) The worst tasting love potions.
(d) The deadliest love potions.
8. What was established by the eighteenth century?
(a) A tea makers' union.
(b) An herbal tea.
(c) A tea examination process.
(d) Tea time in England.
9. How was the cheese made?
(a) In the heat from curdled, bacteria-filled milk.
(b) In a factory with processed milk.
(c) In the cold, sterile environment of a factory.
(d) In a small, cool barn in fresh milk.
10. What do forget-me-knots symbolize to Allende?
(a) Her sixteenth birthday.
(b) Her first day back in her homeland.
(c) Her marriage.
(d) Her exile from her homeland.
11. What misconceptions are there regarding wine?
(a) What kind to serve in which situation.
(b) What kind is the most expensive.
(c) What kind tastes the best.
(d) What kind is the most healthy.
12. How does he convince her to remove her clothing?
(a) He removes his clothing.
(b) She walked into poison ivy.
(c) So he may spray insect repellant on her.
(d) It is hot outside, and she should go swimming.
13. What is the greatest aphrodisiac of all?
14. How is nouvelle cuisine perceived?
(a) As more flavorful.
(b) As less flavorful.
(c) As a safe alternative to ethnic foods.
(d) As fresher.
15. Why can Spanish Fly be dangerous?
(a) It destroys the nervous system.
(b) It causes blood clots.
(c) It ultimately leads to lightheadedness and even insanity.
(d) It creates paralysis.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what was alcohol first used?
2. What does this final section contain?
3. What does Allende call her emergency recipe for this special mushroom soup?
4. The mushroom activates a gland in the pig that produces the same pheromones present in humans when they feel what emotion?
5. Who developed the technique of distillation?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)