|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the great motivators of history?
(a) Power and strength.
(b) Poverty and hunger.
(c) Faith and love.
(d) Appetite and sex.
2. What does this chapter list?
(a) Fruits that are not aphordisiac.
(b) Vegetables that are not considered aphrodisiac.
(c) Fruits that are aphrodisiac.
(d) Vegetables that are considered aphrodisiac.
3. What is not included in this section?
(a) Medicinal cures.
(b) Hors d'oeuvres.
4. What is the purpose of the last section?
(a) To be understood.
(b) To be admired.
(c) To be used.
(d) To be studied.
5. Who developed the technique of distillation?
6. Upon what do vegetables depend for their sensual qualities?
(a) Their size.
(b) Their shape.
(c) Their freshness.
(d) Their color.
7. Why is it hard to buy these special mushrooms?
(a) They can be poisonous.
(b) They are very large.
(c) They are expensive.
(d) They are rare.
8. What are the positive aspects of nouvelle cuisine?
(a) It is lighter, with fewer calories.
(b) It is heavy and delicious.
(c) It is inexpensive.
(d) It is saturated with delicious butter.
9. What does Catherine the Great have the presence of mind to do?
(a) Divorce her husband.
(b) Have her husband eliminated.
(c) To have her children educated.
(d) Marry her children into wealthy families.
10. What has Allende always wanted?
(a) A bartender's license.
(b) A vineyard.
(c) A winery.
(d) A wine cellar.
11. What does this chapter highlight?
(a) All love potions.
(b) Love potions created from unusual ingredients.
(c) The worst tasting love potions.
(d) The deadliest love potions.
12. What does she hope to maintain for the duration of her life?
(a) Her health.
(b) Her figure.
(c) Love and sexual relations.
(d) Her mental stability.
13. When does the bond between food and pleasure begin?
(a) On a first date.
(b) When a baby eats solid foods.
(c) When a mother prepares meals for her children.
(d) When a baby begins to nurse.
14. What does Allende's mother realize while in Turkey?
(a) Turkish people do not drink wine.
(b) Turkey does not allow the production of wine.
(c) There was an over-abundance of wine.
(d) Good quality wine was difficult to find.
15. Who wrote the last section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What else must the vegetable have to be a good aphrodisiac?
2. How many lines of information does she give about each fruit?
3. Who convinces them to leave the pasture?
4. What is the greatest aphrodisiac of all?
5. What was probably just a rumor about Catherine the Great?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)