|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What association is inevitable?
(a) Between the look of food and how it smells.
(b) Between culture and the desire for a specific food.
(c) Between the look of food and how it tastes.
(d) Between the shapes and colors of food and those of the human body.
2. When does this story originate?
(a) In tenth-century Japan.
(b) In tenth-century India.
(c) In modern-day Iran.
(d) In modern-day China.
3. What is the purpose of excess consumption of both food and sex?
(d) Have in abundance.
4. What values were acceptable in Allende's family?
(a) Those having to do with the mind and the spirit.
(b) Those having to do with Chilean culture.
(c) Those having to do with religion and faith.
(d) Those having to do with her father's interests.
5. What do Japanese male prostitutes do in order to have a variety of sexual positions from which to choose?
(a) They take erotic classes.
(b) They have a list to give to clients from which to choose.
(c) They have a DVD to remind them.
(d) They memorize large portions of erotic manuals.
6. What happened to Bobbitt's porn career after his penis was reattached?
(a) It became very successful.
(b) It became a freak show.
(c) It was destroyed.
(d) It became stagnant.
7. What does Allende say alligator tastes like?
(b) Reconstituted codfish.
8. What details does Allende include about meat?
(a) Where the various animals originated.
(b) How each meat is processed and prepared.
(c) What her most and least favorites are.
(d) What it looks and tastes like.
9. How is Allende's friend's blind date turn into a Herculean god?
(a) His skill in the bedroom.
(b) His physical appearance.
(c) His kindness.
(d) His skill in the kitchen.
10. What is Panchita's art?
11. What does Allende believe is the most powerful aphrodisiac?
12. What attracts Allende to her husband?
(a) His incredible skill in the kitchen.
(b) His physical appearance.
(c) His incredible work ethic.
(d) His incredible skill in the bedroom.
13. What has Christianity taught about the senses and appetites?
(a) They are tools of the devil.
(b) They are natural.
(c) They are part of God's creation.
(d) They are to be set free.
14. What does Allende speculate?
(a) Why people first began experimenting with scents.
(b) How people first became attracted to one another by scent.
(c) How humanity might have come to creating scents to be worn on the human body.
(d) How much better an animal's sense of smell is than a human's.
15. Why does Allende receive a phone call from her stepson, Jason?
(a) He is seeking advice for a first date.
(b) He is hoping to get a later curfew.
(c) He wants to know what is for dinner.
(d) He enjoys talking to his stepmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have there been kept men in various cultures?
2. How are a man and woman's sensitivities to smell?
3. How does he die?
4. What includes drinking the animal's blood first with some strong, sweet liquor?
5. What is the greatest drawback to eating shellfish?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)