|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the chapter close?
(a) With a recipe for plum pudding.
(b) With a list of perfumes.
(c) With a poem by Pablo Neruda.
(d) With the most popular perfume in the United States today.
2. How does Allende feel about meat being an aphrodisiac?
(a) She seriously doubts it.
(b) She does not believe it.
(c) She loves meat.
(d) She is sure of it.
3. What happened when Allende began making bread regularly?
(a) The adults in the household gained weight.
(b) She became better at making bread.
(c) Everyone became tired of bread.
(d) She decided to open her own patisserie.
4. Why does Allende's stepson make adjustments on the bread machine?
(a) To make it toast bread.
(b) So the bread will be lighter and fluffier.
(c) To make it grow marijuana.
(d) To make marijuana brownies to be sold at school.
5. What do Allende and Shekter brainstorm?
(a) How to bring about world peace.
(b) Vacations to take.
(c) Known aphrodisiacs.
(d) Places to travel looking for aphrodisiacs.
6. What do beluga, ossetra, and sevruga have in common?
(a) They are all classifications of caviar.
(b) They are all popular names in Eastern Europe.
(c) They are all types of fish.
(d) They are species of whales.
7. What is a delicacy in the Amazon jungle?
(a) Snake skewer.
(b) Broiled alligator.
(c) Roasted monkey.
(d) Fillet of flounder.
8. How does Allende feel about these practices?
(a) She is excited to take part.
(b) She does not appreciate them.
(c) She will change her eating habits from this experience.
(d) She is intrigued by them.
9. What does Nin say makes sex truly fulfilling?
(a) Being with someone you love.
(b) The influence and indulgence of the senses.
(c) Being controlled by another.
(d) Having control over someone else.
10. With what are all eggs associated?
11. Why do humans feel more comfortable consuming shellfish?
(a) They are mean.
(b) They are not attractive.
(c) They are small.
(d) They do not have expressive eyes or audible voices.
12. What has Christianity taught about the senses and appetites?
(a) They are to be set free.
(b) They are part of God's creation.
(c) They are natural.
(d) They are tools of the devil.
13. What values were acceptable in Allende's family?
(a) Those having to do with Chilean culture.
(b) Those having to do with her father's interests.
(c) Those having to do with religion and faith.
(d) Those having to do with the mind and the spirit.
14. What is a fugu?
(a) A small squid.
(b) An Argentinian chocolate.
(c) A type of Middle Eastern fungus.
(d) A fish only available in Japan.
15. What animal is rich in vitamins, minerals, and protein, low in fate, and has delicious flavor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What details does Allende include about meat?
2. What is Panchita's art?
3. How does Allende define an aphrodisiac?
4. What is the purpose of excess consumption of both food and sex?
5. What is a very close second best aphrodisiac?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)