|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what are all eggs associated?
2. What utensils do most cultures today use for eating?
(a) Their hands.
3. What profession is highlighted in "Aphrodisiac Cruelties?"
(a) Sheep shearing.
(b) Cattle butchering.
(c) Horse breaking.
(d) Crocodile hunting.
4. What does Allende say alligator tastes like?
(a) Reconstituted codfish.
5. What is the purpose of excess consumption of both food and sex?
(d) Have in abundance.
6. Who is Catherine the Great known for suppressing?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her servants.
(d) Her country's artists.
7. There is nothing better than what reading to fire up sexual desire?
(a) The kama sutra.
(b) Pornographic magazines.
(c) Romance novels.
(d) The priests' confessional list of questions.
8. Why can a family friend not eat chicken for ten years?
(a) He does not like the taste of chicken.
(b) He found out that many chickens have horrible lives before they are killed.
(c) He became a Buddhist for ten years.
(d) He killed a chicken so unsuccessfully that he was traumatized.
9. With what are doves originally associated?
(a) Peace and safety.
(b) Goddesses of sexuality.
10. How many women are found in a Turkish harem in 1909?
(a) More than 200.
(b) More than 20.
(c) More than 2000.
(d) More than 20,000.
11. What does the author Isabel Allende discuss in the introduction?
(a) Her various trips around the world.
(b) The powers of nature.
(c) The connections between people, sensory perception, and memory.
(d) That men are from Mars and women are from Venus.
12. What is Panchita's art?
13. What does the order of dishes during a meal affect?
(a) If the guests will need dessert.
(b) How each is appreciated.
(c) How large to make the portion sizes.
(d) How much the dishes will have to be washed.
14. What are unclassifiables?
(a) Foods that are yet to be named.
(b) Those who are only sometimes vegetarians.
(c) Commonly eaten meats that are considered aphrodisiac but cannot be included in teh common food categories.
(d) Vegetables that also fall into the fruit category.
15. Why do people today turn to ever-stranger aphrodisiacs?
(a) These aphrodisiacs are available.
(b) People love technology.
(c) Little excites or surprises people.
(d) People have nothing better to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allende believe is the most powerful aphrodisiac?
2. Why do humans feel more comfortable consuming shellfish?
3. What are some of the most popular methods of preparation of eggs?
4. What is the purpose of an aphrodisiac?
5. What is a very close second best aphrodisiac?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)