|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Japanese male prostitutes do in order to have a variety of sexual positions from which to choose?
(a) They take erotic classes.
(b) They have a list to give to clients from which to choose.
(c) They memorize large portions of erotic manuals.
(d) They have a DVD to remind them.
2. Who does Catherine the Great marry?
(a) An ugly, gluttonous man.
(b) Her teacher.
(c) An old scholar.
(d) A handsome prince.
3. What does Mahmoud whisper in Tabra's ear?
(a) Secret recipes.
(b) A story.
(c) He lover her.
(d) Compliments and seductions.
4. There is nothing better than what reading to fire up sexual desire?
(a) The kama sutra.
(b) The priests' confessional list of questions.
(c) Pornographic magazines.
(d) Romance novels.
5. What are said to have aphrodisiac qualities?
(b) Game birds.
6. What do Allende and Shekter brainstorm?
(a) Places to travel looking for aphrodisiacs.
(b) How to bring about world peace.
(c) Known aphrodisiacs.
(d) Vacations to take.
7. Who took over domestic chores and maternal duties?
(a) The children.
(b) Housekeepers and nannies.
(c) The neighboring women.
(d) The younger women in the home.
8. What is the greatest drawback to eating shellfish?
(a) They often cause allergic reactions.
(b) They do not taste very good.
(c) They are difficult to find.
(d) They are very expensive.
9. What is a delicacy in the Amazon jungle?
(a) Broiled alligator.
(b) Roasted monkey.
(c) Snake skewer.
(d) Fillet of flounder.
10. How does Allende feel about meat being an aphrodisiac?
(a) She does not believe it.
(b) She loves meat.
(c) She seriously doubts it.
(d) She is sure of it.
11. What type of etiquette does this describe?
(a) Table manners.
(b) Blind dates.
(c) Polite conversation.
(d) Conversations at work.
12. Why does Tabra travel with Mahmoud?
(a) They were friends in college.
(b) It is unsafe for women to travel alone.
(c) She is attracted to him.
(d) He is her cousin.
13. What triggers a woman's sexual impulses?
(b) Sound and imagination.
(d) Touch and texture.
14. What is a fugu?
(a) A fish only available in Japan.
(b) An Argentinian chocolate.
(c) A type of Middle Eastern fungus.
(d) A small squid.
15. What details does Allende include about meat?
(a) How each meat is processed and prepared.
(b) Where the various animals originated.
(c) What it looks and tastes like.
(d) What her most and least favorites are.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kinds of tastes are there?
2. What is the cause for the modern day obsession with variety?
3. What does Allende believe is the most powerful aphrodisiac?
4. What is bouillabaisse?
5. Of what is wheat a symbol?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)