|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Finally.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the chapter close?
(a) With a list of perfumes.
(b) With a poem by Pablo Neruda.
(c) With a recipe for plum pudding.
(d) With the most popular perfume in the United States today.
2. What does the spiritual guru at the conference Allende attends challenge the attendees to do?
(a) Eat no less than twenty grapes in one minute.
(b) Get to know someone else at the conference in one minute.
(c) Eat a grape in no less than twenty minutes.
(d) Try a new aphrodisiac.
3. How is Allende's friend's blind date turn into a Herculean god?
(a) His skill in the kitchen.
(b) His skill in the bedroom.
(c) His kindness.
(d) His physical appearance.
4. How are both dry, strong-flavored cheeses and softer, milder one considered aphrodisiacs?
(a) For the same reasons.
(b) They both make people passionate.
(c) For different reasons.
(d) They create the same effect.
5. What does Catherine the Great have the presence of mind to do?
(a) Have her husband eliminated.
(b) To have her children educated.
(c) Marry her children into wealthy families.
(d) Divorce her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after the woman in the story is stolen by pirates?
2. What does Allende speculate?
3. What are supposed to have the highest aphrodisiac value?
4. What else does this list contain?
5. What do beluga, ossetra, and sevruga have in common?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)