|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forbidden Herbs | The Orgy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is nothing better than what reading to fire up sexual desire?
(a) The kama sutra.
(b) The priests' confessional list of questions.
(c) Romance novels.
(d) Pornographic magazines.
2. Who took over domestic chores and maternal duties?
(a) Housekeepers and nannies.
(b) The younger women in the home.
(c) The children.
(d) The neighboring women.
3. What were herbs and spices grown in convent and monastery gardens used for?
(a) Aphrodisiac purposes.
(b) Medicinal purposes.
(c) Flavoring food.
(d) Preserving food.
4. What does Allende highlight?
(a) Modern day aphrodisiacs.
(b) The history of the research and study of aphrodisiacs around the world.
(c) The foods used as aphrodisiacs around the world.
(d) Ingredients used in aphrodisiac recipes from around the world.
5. Why does Allende receive a phone call from her stepson, Jason?
(a) He is seeking advice for a first date.
(b) He is hoping to get a later curfew.
(c) He enjoys talking to his stepmother.
(d) He wants to know what is for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What values were acceptable in Allende's family?
2. When does this story originate?
3. What does the author Isabel Allende discuss in the introduction?
4. How are a man and woman's sensitivities to smell?
5. Why does Lola Montez invent the Tarantula?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)