|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Language of Flowers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ocean creature does not belong in the same category as fish?
2. How do most women end up in a harem?
(a) They are either kidnapped or sold in the slave markets by their parents.
(b) They volunteer.
(c) They are born there.
(d) They are chosen by the sultan.
3. Why does Allende flee from Chile?
(a) The military coup of 1973.
(b) The presidential election of 1973.
(c) Religious persecution in 1973.
(d) The earthquake of 1973.
4. What type of food does Allende prefer?
(a) Less calories in food.
(b) Food that does not move.
(c) Smaller portions of food.
(d) More ethnic foods.
5. Who does not pay attention to such details as the type, color, or fragrance of flowers as a form of communication.
(a) The Medieval world.
(b) Ancient Asian world.
(c) The Native Americans.
(d) The modern-day Western world.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are both dry, strong-flavored cheeses and softer, milder one considered aphrodisiacs?
2. What association is inevitable?
3. How is nouvelle cuisine perceived?
4. What spices are on this list?
5. What form of communication without words is centuries old?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)