|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forbidden Fruits.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many lines of information does she give about each fruit?
(a) Between eight and ten lines.
(b) Between two and eight lines.
(c) Between one and two lines.
(d) Between ten and twenty lines.
2. What is a lesser-known fruit she names?
(a) Star fruit.
3. Who set up private orgies for Allende's mother?
(a) Her mother's friend.
(b) Her mother's first husband.
(c) Her mother's boyfriend.
(d) Her mother's second husband.
4. What does Allende speculate?
(a) How humanity might have come to creating scents to be worn on the human body.
(b) How people first became attracted to one another by scent.
(c) Why people first began experimenting with scents.
(d) How much better an animal's sense of smell is than a human's.
5. How are a man and woman's sensitivities to smell?
(a) Very similar.
(b) Very different.
(c) Somewhat similar.
(d) The same.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the herbs blacklisted by the convent?
2. What has Christianity taught about the senses and appetites?
3. What convent blacklisted these herbs?
4. Why do humans feel more comfortable consuming shellfish?
5. What are the forbidden fruits Allende is talking about?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)