|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forbidden Fruits.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are some common favorites on the list?
(a) Apple tart and lemon merengue pie.
(b) Strawberry pie and raspberry gelatin.
(c) Kiwi and mango.
(d) Apples and grapes.
2. Why do humans feel more comfortable consuming shellfish?
(a) They do not have expressive eyes or audible voices.
(b) They are small.
(c) They are not attractive.
(d) They are mean.
3. What list does Allende give?
(a) The most strange fruits.
(b) All the fruits that are considered aphrodisiac in nature.
(c) Recipes calling for various fruits.
(d) The most exotic and unknown fruits.
4. What convent blacklisted these herbs?
(a) Franciscan Sisters.
(b) Carmelite Sisters.
(c) Sisters of Notre Dame.
(d) Barefoot Sisters of the Poor.
5. What are listed as fruits but are not traditionally classified as fruits in American culture?
(a) Summer squash and almonds.
(b) Tomatoes and Zucchini.
(c) Olives and walnuts.
(d) Avocados and pistachios.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what are doves originally associated?
2. What triggers a man's sexual impulses?
3. What triggers a woman's sexual impulses?
4. The history orforgies is as varied and colorful as what?
5. What are the forbidden fruits Allende is talking about?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)