|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forbidden Fruits.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the chapter close?
(a) With the most popular perfume in the United States today.
(b) With a poem by Pablo Neruda.
(c) With a list of perfumes.
(d) With a recipe for plum pudding.
2. What list does Allende give?
(a) The most exotic and unknown fruits.
(b) Recipes calling for various fruits.
(c) The most strange fruits.
(d) All the fruits that are considered aphrodisiac in nature.
3. How are a man and woman's sensitivities to smell?
(a) The same.
(b) Somewhat similar.
(c) Very similar.
(d) Very different.
4. What convent blacklisted these herbs?
(a) Barefoot Sisters of the Poor.
(b) Carmelite Sisters.
(c) Franciscan Sisters.
(d) Sisters of Notre Dame.
5. What happens after the woman in the story is stolen by pirates?
(a) She becomes a pirate.
(b) She is sold into the sultan's harem.
(c) She becomes their slave.
(d) She is made to walk to plank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Christianity taught about the senses and appetites?
2. What triggers a man's sexual impulses?
3. Why do humans feel more comfortable consuming shellfish?
4. What are the forbidden fruits Allende is talking about?
5. Why can a family friend not eat chicken for ten years?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)