Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso | Mea Culpa of the Culpable
* The author, Isabel Allende discusses the connections between people, sensory perception, and memory.
* The people who collaborated with Allende are the illustrator Robert Shekter, her mother Panchita Llona, and her agent Carmen Balcells.
Aphrodisiacs | The Spice is in Variety
* Allende defines an aphrodisiac as "any substance or activity that piques amorous desire."
* Variety and sex education are important.
The Good Table | Cooking in the Nude
* Allende's family's values had to do with the mind and spirit, and earthly pleasures, such as fine dining, were not added until her mother married a diplomat.
* Skill in the kitchen is more important for a man to have than physical appearance.
The Spell of Aromas | Death by Perfume
* Aromas are important and play many roles in human attraction and repulsion.
* Allende tells a story about a Japanese woman who kills her lover with...
This section contains 1,392 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)