Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: The Script, pages 25-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the scientists' ship in Ape and Essence?
(a) The Canterbury.
(b) The Worchestershire.
(c) The Flying Dutchman.
(d) The Kiwi.
2. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
(a) He wanted to became a world-famous film director.
(b) He wanted to warn people about the fluoride put in the nation's water supply.
(c) He wrote the script on a bet with a friend.
(d) He wanted to earn money to send to his granddaughter.
3. William Tallis is from ____________.
(a) London, England.
(b) New Zealand.
(c) Bakersfield, California.
(d) Murcia, California.
4. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
(a) Its professional hole punches and brads.
(b) Its glossy title page.
(c) Its opening poetry.
(d) The fact that it is in pristine, unopened condition.
5. Which of the following is true about the scientists' rediscovery of the world?
(a) The world is still highly radioactive, and the scientists must wear suits.
(b) They use sonar technology to find land.
(c) They crash-land because of a dense fog.
(d) Oil derricks can still be seen in the water outside of shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Poole become separated from his team?
2. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs meet at the outset of the novel?
3. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
4. Where did William Tallis prefer to be buried?
5. What is the subject of the song the female baboon sings?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)