Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Tallis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosie's career aspiration?
(a) Singer and actress.
2. When Bob Briggs speaks about his personal history, how does the narrator react?
(a) The narrator is infuriated and punches Briggs.
(b) The narrator is disgusted and leaves the room.
(c) The narrator is intrigued.
(d) The narrator is bored.
3. Why is Bob Briggs in financial trouble?
(a) He has accrued gambling debts.
(b) His home was recently robbed.
(c) He owes back taxes.
(d) He has made a series of poor investments.
4. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
(a) Gandhi was a political animal, and he paid the price.
(b) Gandhi believed only in people, and not in art or politics.
(c) He soundly rejected the real people in favor of nationalization.
(d) Gandhi's followers realized how self-centered he was.
5. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
(a) He was a serial adulterer.
(b) He was a great admirer of art and artists.
(c) The fact that he secretly yearned for power and glory.
(d) The fact that he did not want anything for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
2. The novel begins on what important day?
3. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
4. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
5. William Tallis died from ___________.
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)