|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kidnaps Dr. Poole?
(a) Miss Ethel Hook.
(b) Three baboons.
(c) The Chief.
(d) Three men.
2. How many books has the Arch Vicar managed to save from destruction?
(a) 3000 - 4000.
3. What is the reader told about how the "Ape and Essence" script appears in the novel?
(a) The names in the script were changed for legal reasons.
(b) Ape and Essence was reprinted without change or comment.
(c) Ape and Essence was heavily edited to improve dialogue and story.
(d) The Ape and Essence appearing in the novel was created from a memory of the script itself.
4. Why is Chief concerned that no women produced healthy babies this season?
(a) They will have no babies to sacrifice to the Devil.
(b) This shows that Belial is displeased with them.
(c) The radioactivity has likely reached lethal levels.
(d) This represents a dearth of much-needed manpower.
5. The novel begins on what important day?
(a) The day World War II formally ended.
(b) The day the U.S. stock market crashed.
(c) The day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
(d) The day Gandhi was assassinated.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Arch Vicar, what does Man call Progress?
2. The deformed babies in the Cocktail Bar were all born between what dates?
3. On what structure are the babies sacrificed?
4. What is the name of the scientists' ship in Ape and Essence?
5. What surprises Chief about Dr. Poole's admission that he arrived on a boat?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)