|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the Arch Vicar NOT blame for world wars?
(a) Demonic possession.
2. How do the primitives explain the men's propensity to hit women?
(a) Women are possessed by Belial.
(b) Women need to be toughened up to survive in the wilderness.
(c) Men are possessed by Belial.
(d) Women deserve beatings for their inherent wickedness.
3. Who kidnaps Dr. Poole?
(a) Miss Ethel Hook.
(b) The Chief.
(c) Three baboons.
(d) Three men.
4. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
(a) Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
(b) Percy Shelley.
(c) W.B. Yeats.
(d) Robert Frost.
5. Which two concepts does the Arch Vicar blame for the fall of mankind?
(a) Socialism and Generosity.
(b) Individualism and Joy.
(c) Enlightenment and Generosity.
(d) Progress and Nationalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for the primitives' religious leader?
2. What is Polly's perspective on her deformed baby?
3. What is the occupation of Bob Briggs?
4. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
5. Which church member actually does the killing of the babies?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)