|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became of William Tallis' immediate family?
(a) They moved away after Mr. Tallis died.
(b) They died in a car accident.
(c) William Tallis never had a family.
(d) They died in World War I.
2. Which of the following does the Arch Vicar NOT blame for world wars?
(d) Demonic possession.
3. Why is Bob Briggs in financial trouble?
(a) He owes back taxes.
(b) He has made a series of poor investments.
(c) He has accrued gambling debts.
(d) His home was recently robbed.
4. What group of artists does Bob Briggs compare himself to in "Tallis"?
(a) The Surrealist Writers.
(b) The Impressionist Painters.
(c) The Romantic Poets.
(d) The Baroque Composers.
5. Where did William Tallis prefer to be buried?
(a) In his homeland of Germany.
(b) At sea.
(c) In the desert.
(d) In the Hollywood Cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
2. According to a chorus of youths, what is "the chief end of Man"?
3. What derogatory name do primitive men call the primitive women who bear deformed babies?
4. Which church member whips the mothers after the babies are sacrificed?
5. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)