|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the primitives unable to make clothes?
(a) They are religiously opposed to clothing.
(b) Only the Chief is allowed to wear clothes.
(c) Cotton has changed since the radioactivity of the World War.
(d) There is no machinery left to make clothes.
2. What is Miss Ethel Hook's desire, with respect to Dr. Poole?
(a) She wishes Dr. Poole would drop dead.
(b) She wishes Dr. Poole would teach her more about the flora and fauna they discover.
(c) She wishes Dr. Poole would propose marriage to her.
(d) She wishes Dr. Poole would leave the team and go back to New Zealand, for his own safety.
3. Which church member actually does the killing of the babies?
(a) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
(b) The Postulant.
(c) The Arch-Vicar.
(d) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
4. How are the books incinerated in the Chief's book-burning ceremony?
(a) In a baker's oven.
(b) The books are placed at regular intervals on the street and then lit individually.
(c) In a large bonfire.
(d) In the fireplace of an abandoned mansion.
5. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
(a) The fine clothes of a corpse.
(b) The large emerald ring of a corpse.
(c) His leader's bacon sandwich.
(d) A plump girl beside him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bob Briggs' wife?
2. How do the primitives explain the men's propensity to hit women?
3. The narrator makes an analogy between Gandhi's nonviolence and what feature of Bob Brigg's life?
4. What is the foundation of modern life to the narrator?
5. How many books has the Arch Vicar managed to save from destruction?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)