|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became of William Tallis' second wife?
(a) She ran off with another man.
(b) She committed suicide after Mr. Tallis died.
(c) She was persecuted for being Jewish and was killed.
(d) She died from cancer.
2. How is Chief able to keep a tight rein on Dr. Poole after meeting him?
(a) Dr. Poole is strapped to a table which is carried around.
(b) Dr. Poole is handcuffed.
(c) Dr. Poole is administered an intoxicating drug.
(d) Dr. Poole's kneecaps are broken.
3. Which gravedigger apologizes to Dr. Poole by claiming that burying Dr. Poole was done only for fun?
4. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
(a) He wanted to became a world-famous film director.
(b) He wanted to earn money to send to his granddaughter.
(c) He wrote the script on a bet with a friend.
(d) He wanted to warn people about the fluoride put in the nation's water supply.
5. What does Dr. Poole tell Chief about why New Zealand was spared in the World War?
(a) Its citizens created a magical forcefield.
(b) Dr. Poole lies and states that most of New Zealand was destroyed.
(c) The country was deemed to not be of strategic value.
(d) Dr. Poole refuses to admit he is from New Zealand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of the Industrial Revolution?
2. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
3. Why was New Zealand spared from the destruction that ravaged the rest of the planet?
4. How do the primitives explain the men's propensity to hit women?
5. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)