|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Arch Vicar, how do Men destroy themselves?
(a) By destroying their environment.
(b) By using drugs.
(c) By sacrificing deformed babies.
(d) By impregnating women.
2. The deformed babies in the Cocktail Bar were all born between what dates?
(a) January 1 and March 1.
(b) April 4 through May 21.
(c) December 10 and December 17.
(d) January 1 and December 31.
3. Who comforts Polly when her baby is being taken to be killed?
(a) The Arch Vicar.
(d) Miss Ethel Hook.
4. What derogatory name do primitive men call the primitive women who bear deformed babies?
(a) Vessel of the Unholy Spirit.
(b) Satan's Spawn.
(c) Tool of the Devil.
(d) Mistress of Belial.
5. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
(a) Women are pampered and treated to mineral baths.
(b) A religious leader berates a young woman about the nature of woman.
(c) The Chief is presented with a token of the community's gratitude.
(d) Books are burned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chief believe about the current level of discipline in the primitive community?
2. William Tallis died from ___________.
3. According to a chorus of youths, what is "the chief end of Man"?
4. Where do the narrator and Bob Briggs discover the screenplay at the heart of the novel?
5. How are the books incinerated in the Chief's book-burning ceremony?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)