|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was a gravedigger subjected to a punishment of twenty-five lashes?
(a) He tried to run away.
(b) He tried to steal a corpse's ring for himself.
(c) He argued with the leader about the best way to dig up graves.
(d) He stepped on a grave.
2. What does the congregation chant as the babies are sacrificed?
(a) Glory Be to God and All Above.
(b) Glory to Belial.
(c) Hallelujah We Are Saved.
(d) All Hail Wickedness.
3. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
(a) Denies all but the lowest organisms.
(b) Crafts only the wicked.
(c) Manufactures only the ludicrous.
(d) Produces only the sublime.
4. According to the narrator, truth without charity is not God but ___________.
(a) The Goddess.
(c) An idol.
(d) The Devil.
5. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of the Industrial Revolution?
(a) It represented the apex of civilization.
(b) Through technology, Man lost touch with reality.
(c) Technology paradoxically allows Man to become closer with nature.
(d) It resulted in key advances they enjoy even today.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long have the primitives been raiding gravesites?
2. According to the Arch Vicar, how do Men destroy themselves?
3. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
4. Which book does Dr. Poole save from the book burning ordered by the Chief?
5. Why was New Zealand spared from the destruction that ravaged the rest of the planet?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)