|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The deformed babies in the Cocktail Bar were all born between what dates?
(a) April 4 through May 21.
(b) January 1 and December 31.
(c) January 1 and March 1.
(d) December 10 and December 17.
2. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
(a) He wanted to earn money to send to his granddaughter.
(b) He wanted to warn people about the fluoride put in the nation's water supply.
(c) He wanted to became a world-famous film director.
(d) He wrote the script on a bet with a friend.
3. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
(a) They are nothing special, and are quiet and humane.
(b) They were hand-selected as the most intelligent of mankind.
(c) They are petty and jealous, and given to fighting.
(d) They are extraordinarily physically fit, which will serve them well in their travels.
4. Where are the babies sacrificed to appease the Devil?
(a) The San Diego Zoo.
(b) The Los Angeles Coliseum.
(c) An abandoned warehouse.
(d) The corner of Sunset and Vine.
5. What does the Arch Vicar believe about Belial's relationship to the atomic bomb?
(a) Belial would have degraded mankind with or without the bomb.
(b) Belial created atomic technology, but intended it to be used as a source of limitless energy.
(c) The bomb was essential for Belial to degrade mankind.
(d) Belial personally engineered the bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Arch Vicar call the calamity of World War that destroyed most of the world?
2. On what date do the explorer-scientists set out from New Zealand?
3. Near which major city do the scientists finally land?
4. In the human condition, what does fear NOT cast out, according to the narrator?
5. How does Dr. Poole become separated from his team?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)