|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the granddaughter of William Tallis live?
(d) Murcia, California.
2. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
(a) The New Zealand Rediscovery Expedition.
(b) The Post-War Analysis Committee.
(c) The California Knowledge Project.
(d) The Association for New Horizons.
3. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
(a) A plump girl beside him.
(b) His leader's bacon sandwich.
(c) The large emerald ring of a corpse.
(d) The fine clothes of a corpse.
4. What is Miss Ethel Hook's desire, with respect to Dr. Poole?
(a) She wishes Dr. Poole would drop dead.
(b) She wishes Dr. Poole would teach her more about the flora and fauna they discover.
(c) She wishes Dr. Poole would propose marriage to her.
(d) She wishes Dr. Poole would leave the team and go back to New Zealand, for his own safety.
5. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of the Industrial Revolution?
(a) Through technology, Man lost touch with reality.
(b) It represented the apex of civilization.
(c) It resulted in key advances they enjoy even today.
(d) Technology paradoxically allows Man to become closer with nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is Dr. Poole?
2. Who comforts Polly when her baby is being taken to be killed?
3. How does Dr. Poole convince the gravediggers to spare him from being buried alive?
4. Which church member whips the mothers after the babies are sacrificed?
5. What group of artists does Bob Briggs compare himself to in "Tallis"?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)