|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Loola's nickname for Dr. Poole?
(a) Pooh Bear.
2. How is Chief able to keep a tight rein on Dr. Poole after meeting him?
(a) Dr. Poole is strapped to a table which is carried around.
(b) Dr. Poole's kneecaps are broken.
(c) Dr. Poole is administered an intoxicating drug.
(d) Dr. Poole is handcuffed.
3. In the beginning of the screenplay, the narrator warns that "all too often" Art takes Nature and __________.
(a) Produces only the sublime.
(b) Crafts only the wicked.
(c) Manufactures only the ludicrous.
(d) Denies all but the lowest organisms.
4. Why does the narrator of "Tallis" believe that Gandhi was assassinated?
(a) Gandhi was a political animal, and he paid the price.
(b) He soundly rejected the real people in favor of nationalization.
(c) Gandhi believed only in people, and not in art or politics.
(d) Gandhi's followers realized how self-centered he was.
5. What does the Arch Vicar believe about Belial's relationship to the atomic bomb?
(a) Belial would have degraded mankind with or without the bomb.
(b) The bomb was essential for Belial to degrade mankind.
(c) Belial created atomic technology, but intended it to be used as a source of limitless energy.
(d) Belial personally engineered the bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did William Tallis prefer to be buried?
2. With respect to the strange behavior of the primitives, Dr. Poole experiences a change from which state to which state?
3. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
4. What kind of primate represents the greatest among man, according to the narrator?
5. Who is at the very top of the religious hierarchy in the primitive community?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)