|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Poole convince the gravediggers to spare him from being buried alive?
(a) He offers to give his boat to them.
(b) He gives them several pieces of jewelry.
(c) He offers to teach them to grow better crops.
(d) He offers to fix their train.
2. Who was NOT among the team of scientists from New Zealand?
(a) Dr. Cudworth.
(b) Miss Ethel Hook.
(c) Professor Grampian.
(d) Dr. Canterbury.
3. How does Dr. Poole react to Polly's child being killed?
(a) He is caught up in the mob mentality and cheers along with everyone else.
(b) He chokes the Patriarch of Pasadena to death.
(c) He faints.
(d) He becomes angered and must be restrained.
4. How does the narrator characterize the scientists from New Zealand?
(a) They are petty and jealous, and given to fighting.
(b) They were hand-selected as the most intelligent of mankind.
(c) They are extraordinarily physically fit, which will serve them well in their travels.
(d) They are nothing special, and are quiet and humane.
5. Why was Dr. Poole buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
(a) He used a swear word in front of the Chief.
(b) He punched a gravedigger trying to escape.
(c) He refused to fix the Chief's train.
(d) He came on a boat, which the gravediggers consider evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the primitives explain the men's propensity to hit women?
2. Near which major city do the scientists finally land?
3. Who orders all the mothers to the "place of shame"?
4. When Bob Briggs speaks about his personal history, how does the narrator react?
5. In the beginning of the screenplay, baboons have gathered in what place?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)