|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Arch Vicar believe about Belial's relationship to the atomic bomb?
(a) Belial would have degraded mankind with or without the bomb.
(b) The bomb was essential for Belial to degrade mankind.
(c) Belial created atomic technology, but intended it to be used as a source of limitless energy.
(d) Belial personally engineered the bomb.
2. In the beginning of the screenplay, baboons have gathered in what place?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) A palace.
(c) A supermarket.
(d) A library.
3. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
(a) Bob agrees to introduce her to a powerful music executive.
(b) Bob agrees to never visit Cottonwood Ranch again.
(c) Bob agrees to schedule a screen test for her.
(d) Bob agrees to read her feature screenplay.
4. The deformed babies in the Cocktail Bar were all born between what dates?
(a) December 10 and December 17.
(b) January 1 and December 31.
(c) January 1 and March 1.
(d) April 4 through May 21.
5. With respect to the strange behavior of the primitives, Dr. Poole experiences a change from which state to which state?
(a) Scientific curiosity to joy.
(b) Pain to Despair.
(c) Joy to Ecstasy.
(d) Horror to scientific curiosity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Coulton believe about how the narrator and William Tallis might have gotten along?
2. According to the Arch Vicar, how long has mankind pitted itself against Nature?
3. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
4. Who leads the team of gravediggers at the Southern California mausoleum?
5. What is the foundation of modern life to the narrator?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)