|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders Dr. Poole to be buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
(a) Miss Ethel Hook.
2. What is Polly's perspective on her deformed baby?
(a) Polly is indifferent to the child, and is not present for its sacrifice.
(b) Polly hates the child, and feels it has earned its fate.
(c) Polly loves the child, but is willing to sacrifice it for the greater good.
(d) Polly loves the child and does not want to see him killed.
3. How is Chief able to keep a tight rein on Dr. Poole after meeting him?
(a) Dr. Poole is strapped to a table which is carried around.
(b) Dr. Poole is administered an intoxicating drug.
(c) Dr. Poole's kneecaps are broken.
(d) Dr. Poole is handcuffed.
4. Which church member actually does the killing of the babies?
(a) The Patriarch of Pasadena.
(b) The Satanic Science Practitioner.
(c) The Postulant.
(d) The Arch-Vicar.
5. What is the foundation of modern life to the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. The primitives' religious leader presses a young woman about what matter, eventually beating her?
2. Why did William Tallis write "Ape and Essence"?
3. Which great fear does Loola confide to Dr. Poole when they first meet?
4. The lobby of the Cocktail Bar is filled with which group of people?
5. How are the books incinerated in the Chief's book-burning ceremony?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)