|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Chief concerned that no women produced healthy babies this season?
(a) The radioactivity has likely reached lethal levels.
(b) This represents a dearth of much-needed manpower.
(c) This shows that Belial is displeased with them.
(d) They will have no babies to sacrifice to the Devil.
2. Who orders Dr. Poole to be buried up to his waist by the gravediggers?
(d) Miss Ethel Hook.
3. What part of "Ape and Essence" makes Bob decide to read the entire script?
(a) Its glossy title page.
(b) The fact that it is in pristine, unopened condition.
(c) Its opening poetry.
(d) Its professional hole punches and brads.
4. Who kidnaps Dr. Poole?
(a) Miss Ethel Hook.
(b) Three men.
(c) The Chief.
(d) Three baboons.
5. How does the Arch Vicar respond when Dr. Poole expresses horror at the sight of blood at the sacrifice of the babies?
(a) Dr. Poole needs to be a man and toughen up.
(b) The Arch Vicar hurries him away and agrees that it is a terrible sight.
(c) Dr. Poole's own religion is a history full of bloodshed.
(d) The blood represents the demons leaving the baby's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
2. Which church member whips the mothers after the babies are sacrificed?
3. What is the name of Loola's friend who recently gave birth to a deformed baby?
4. How does Loola feel about the beating of the young woman at the hands of the primitives' religious leader?
5. What ritual is held among the primitives as a protection against deformed babies?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)