|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
(a) Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
(b) Robert Frost.
(c) W.B. Yeats.
(d) Percy Shelley.
2. What is the subject of the song the female baboon sings?
3. Which is NOT part of the ceremony held to safeguard against having deformed babies?
(a) Books are burned.
(b) The Chief is presented with a token of the community's gratitude.
(c) A religious leader berates a young woman about the nature of woman.
(d) Women are pampered and treated to mineral baths.
4. With respect to the strange behavior of the primitives, Dr. Poole experiences a change from which state to which state?
(a) Joy to Ecstasy.
(b) Pain to Despair.
(c) Horror to scientific curiosity.
(d) Scientific curiosity to joy.
5. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
(a) Bob Briggs.
(b) Lou Lublin.
(c) Dr. Alfred Poole.
(d) William Tallis
Short Answer Questions
1. At which location is Chief presented with a necklace made of bones?
2. What promise does Bob make to Rosie?
3. What is the youngest gravedigger tempted by, which he must resist?
4. The primitives' religious leader presses a young woman about what matter, eventually beating her?
5. In the beginning of the screenplay, baboons have gathered in what place?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)