|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Poole become separated from his team?
(a) He becomes injured, and the others will not slow for him.
(b) He stops to observe an unusual species of plant.
(c) He decides to confront the aggressive baboons in a nearby village.
(d) He stops to propose marriage to Miss Ethel Hook.
2. Who is the author of the movie script at the heart of the novel's story?
(a) William Tallis
(b) Dr. Alfred Poole.
(c) Bob Briggs.
(d) Lou Lublin.
3. How many books has the Arch Vicar managed to save from destruction?
(c) 3000 - 4000.
4. The novel begins on what important day?
(a) The day Gandhi was assassinated.
(b) The day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
(c) The day World War II formally ended.
(d) The day the U.S. stock market crashed.
5. What is Miss Ethel Hook's desire, with respect to Dr. Poole?
(a) She wishes Dr. Poole would propose marriage to her.
(b) She wishes Dr. Poole would teach her more about the flora and fauna they discover.
(c) She wishes Dr. Poole would leave the team and go back to New Zealand, for his own safety.
(d) She wishes Dr. Poole would drop dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was New Zealand spared from the destruction that ravaged the rest of the planet?
2. What is Loola's nickname for Dr. Poole?
3. According to the narrator, what was Gandhi's "great secret"?
4. The narrator compares the beauty of the first image on screen in "Ape and Essence" to a poem by which poet?
5. Which gravedigger apologizes to Dr. Poole by claiming that burying Dr. Poole was done only for fun?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)