|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The novel begins on what important day?
(a) The day Gandhi was assassinated.
(b) The day the U.S. stock market crashed.
(c) The day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
(d) The day World War II formally ended.
2. On what date do the explorer-scientists set out from New Zealand?
(a) January 1, 2004.
(b) May 1, 2345.
(c) February 20, 2108.
(d) May 21, 1981.
3. How do the primitives mark women who have not produced a healthy baby during the season?
(a) By shaving their heads.
(b) By making them wear distinct earrings.
(c) By tattooing them on the shoulders.
(d) By writing "NO" on their clothing.
4. What is Polly's perspective on her deformed baby?
(a) Polly is indifferent to the child, and is not present for its sacrifice.
(b) Polly hates the child, and feels it has earned its fate.
(c) Polly loves the child, but is willing to sacrifice it for the greater good.
(d) Polly loves the child and does not want to see him killed.
5. Who comforts Polly when her baby is being taken to be killed?
(a) Miss Ethel Hook.
(d) The Arch Vicar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What destination have the team of scientists from New Zealand chosen?
2. What became of William Tallis' second wife?
3. On what structure are the babies sacrificed?
4. The Chief figure declares that he is operating under what type of government?
5. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)