|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Script, pages 75-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ritual is held among the primitives as a protection against deformed babies?
(a) The Devil's Dance.
(b) Belial's Feast.
(d) The Purification Ceremonies.
2. Who is living on Tallis' Cottonwood Ranch when it is visited by the filmmaker(s)?
(a) The Tallis family.
(b) The Coulton family.
(c) The Lublin family.
(d) The Briggs family.
3. What is the Arch Vicar's opinion of demon possession?
(a) It is a foolish notion reserved for the lowest among his people.
(b) Demon possession is but a small part of man's degradation.
(c) Belial possesses people in order to help them achieve grace.
(d) It is the only explanation for man's irrational behavior and actions.
4. With respect to the strange behavior of the primitives, Dr. Poole experiences a change from which state to which state?
(a) Scientific curiosity to joy.
(b) Horror to scientific curiosity.
(c) Joy to Ecstasy.
(d) Pain to Despair.
5. Which book does Dr. Poole save from the book burning ordered by the Chief?
(a) A collection of letters and personal essays by Marcel Proust.
(b) The Complete Works of William Shakespeare.
(c) Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities.
(d) A volume of Shelley's poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. The novel begins on what important day?
2. By the time Cottonwood Ranch is visited, how long had William Tallis been dead?
3. What is the name for the primitives' religious leader?
4. What is the name for the team of scientists at the heart of Ape and Essence?
5. Which of the following does the Arch Vicar NOT blame for world wars?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)