|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ann get a new job?
(a) A shoe store.
(b) A cafe.
(c) An ice cream shop.
(d) A clothing boutique.
2. With which boy does Ann begin a sexual relationship?
(a) James Hall.
(b) Daniel Swan.
(c) Mike Kerrigan.
(d) Peter Keller.
3. What has Adele talked about doing for years?
(b) Learning how to swim.
(c) Going back to school.
(d) Visiting Paris.
4. What type of surgery does Jimmy have?
(a) Spinal surgery.
(b) Gallbladder removal surgery.
(c) Heart bypass surgery.
(d) Knee replacement surgery.
5. For what does Carol refuse to loan Adele any money?
(a) A new car.
(b) Cosmetic breast surgery.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A cruise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carol scatters Paul's ashes in a town in ________________.
2. What did Adele really do with the money Ann sent her?
3. Where is Adele living when Ann sees her again?
4. Carol sent an application and was accepted into __________________.
5. What does Carol tell her family about Paul?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Adele try to sabotage Ann's relationship with Daniel Swan?
2. Who is Paul Morgenstern and what role does he play in Carol's life?
3. How does Carol show depth of character in her life that Adele could not possibly understand?
4. What was life like for Carol growing up?
5. Describe the graciousness of Carol and Jimmy toward Jay Brozek after Benny's death.
6. When is Carol emotionally ready to sue the Brozeks over Benny's death?
7. What is Paul's mission during the war; why does he not complete the mission; and, what are his and Carol's plans for the future?
8. How does the episode of the red shoes exhibit Adele's not being fit to parent?
9. What does Ann do to allow her mother to live in a little cottage?
10. What does Ann begin to realize about her mother and how she compares herself to her family?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)