|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the religious affiliation of the young man in #152?
2. What disease does Carol have?
3. What was Carol's personality like when she was growing up?
4. How is Adele's house decorated?
5. How does Adele sabotage Ann's first date with a boy?
(a) She deliberately does not clean the apartment.
(b) She calls Ann, threatening to kill herself.
(c) She refuses to pay for Ann's hair salon appointment.
(d) She does not pick up Ann's dress at the dry cleaner's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Carol eventually marry?
2. In Chapter 14, Adele is waiting to marry ____________________.
3. Which of Ann's friends invites Adele and Ann for Thanksgiving dinner?
4. Benny dies of heart failure as the surgeon tries to __________________________.
5. The young man in #152 is a member of ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carol's perspective of her relationship with Adele underscore Adele's dysfunctional behavior?
2. Describe the graciousness of Carol and Jimmy toward Jay Brozek after Benny's death.
3. How does Adele still try to manipulate Ann by spending the money inappropriately?
4. How does the episode of the red shoes exhibit Adele's not being fit to parent?
5. Describe how Carol's life is much more dramatic in reality than Adele's theatrics.
6. How does Carol show depth of character in her life that Adele could not possibly understand?
7. What is the symbolism of the ants crawling on the carrot cake?
8. Who is Paul Morgenstern and what role does he play in Carol's life?
9. How does Ann's sexual relationship with Peter mirror her inappropriate behavior with young children?
10. How does Carol and Jimmy's son, Benny, die?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)