|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ann visit during her vacations from college?
(a) Carol's house.
(b) David's house.
(c) Peter's frat house.
(d) Adele's apartment.
2. To what state do Carol and Jimmy retire?
(d) New Mexico.
3. For what reason does Adele call Carol frequently?
(a) To make vacation plans.
(b) To talk about her marriage.
(c) To check on Lillian.
(d) To borrow money.
4. The young man in #152 is a member of ____________________.
(a) the Resistance.
(b) the Nazi party.
(c) the Nationalist party.
(d) the British army.
5. Which college is Daniel attending?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paul die?
2. Who did Carol eventually marry?
3. With which boy does Ann begin a sexual relationship?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Adele would put in Ann's school lunches?
5. Where does Ann get a new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the ants crawling on the carrot cake?
2. Who is Paul Morgenstern and what role does he play in Carol's life?
3. What is the relationship of the Pikes Peak rock in Benny's room to Carol's breast cancer?
4. How does Ann's sexual relationship with Peter mirror her inappropriate behavior with young children?
5. What has Adele really done with the money that Ann sent her?
6. Why does Adele's relationship with Dr. Hawthorne signify her transition into a delusional state?
7. What was life like for Carol growing up?
8. How does Adele still try to manipulate Ann by spending the money inappropriately?
9. Describe how Carol's life is much more dramatic in reality than Adele's theatrics.
10. What is the episode of the red shoes regarding Adele and Ann?
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)