|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of surgery does Jimmy have?
(a) Heart bypass surgery.
(b) Gallbladder removal surgery.
(c) Spinal surgery.
(d) Knee replacement surgery.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Adele would put in Ann's school lunches?
3. The young man in #152 is a member of ____________________.
(a) the Nazi party.
(b) the Resistance.
(c) the British army.
(d) the Nationalist party.
4. To what state do Carol and Jimmy retire?
(b) New Mexico.
5. With which boy does Ann begin a sexual relationship?
(a) Daniel Swan.
(b) Mike Kerrigan.
(c) Peter Keller.
(d) James Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adele lives in a house owned by __________________.
2. Where is Adele living when Ann sees her again?
3. While living in the studio apartment, Adele and Ann get a call to notify them that ______________ has been killed in a traffic accident.
4. Benny dies of heart failure as the surgeon tries to __________________________.
5. What does Adele want to buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ann's sexual relationship with Peter mirror her inappropriate behavior with young children?
2. How does the episode of the red shoes exhibit Adele's not being fit to parent?
3. What is Adele's cottage like when Ann comes to visit?
4. What was life like for Carol growing up?
5. What is the symbolism of the sparkly red shoes and Ann's hair being cut by a hooligan?
6. How does Carol's perspective of her relationship with Adele underscore Adele's dysfunctional behavior?
7. What is the episode of the red shoes regarding Adele and Ann?
8. What does Ann do to allow her mother to live in a little cottage?
9. What has Adele really done with the money that Ann sent her?
10. When does Carol realize that Adele is using her and the family?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)