|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Carol have?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Adele would put in Ann's school lunches?
3. What does Adele do with the item in #132?
(a) Pawns it.
(b) Takes a Caribbean cruise.
(c) Has plastic surgery.
(d) Buys a cottage.
4. What is the religious affiliation of the young man in #152?
5. What type of surgery does Jimmy have?
(a) Heart bypass surgery.
(b) Spinal surgery.
(c) Knee replacement surgery.
(d) Gallbladder removal surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Adele is waiting to marry ____________________.
2. Who does Ann try to make love with in the swimming pool?
3. During the war, Carol is stationed near ____________________.
4. What does Ann put in a cubbyhole in the Los Angeles apartment?
5. How is Adele's house decorated?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carol and Jimmy's son, Benny, die?
2. What is Adele's cottage like when Ann comes to visit?
3. How does Carol show depth of character in her life that Adele could not possibly understand?
4. Describe how Carol's life is much more dramatic in reality than Adele's theatrics.
5. How does Ann's sexual relationship with Peter mirror her inappropriate behavior with young children?
6. What has Adele really done with the money that Ann sent her?
7. Why does Adele's relationship with Dr. Hawthorne signify her transition into a delusional state?
8. Who is Paul Morgenstern and what role does he play in Carol's life?
9. What is the episode of the red shoes regarding Adele and Ann?
10. What is the symbolism of the sparkly red shoes and Ann's hair being cut by a hooligan?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)