|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Adele's house located?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) In the desert.
(d) In the suburbs.
2. In Chapter 14, Adele is waiting to marry ____________________.
(a) Paul Gruber.
(b) Max Garrity.
(c) Dr. Morrison.
(d) Dr. Hawthorne.
3. Who interrupts Ann and the boy in #141?
(c) Dr. Hawthorne.
4. Where is Adele living when Ann sees her again?
5. Which of the following did Jimmy NOT do to their retirement home?
(a) Built a garage.
(b) Added a swimming pool.
(c) Built a breezeway.
(d) Installed solar panels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carol's father leaves her enough money to ___________________.
2. While living in the studio apartment, Adele and Ann get a call to notify them that ______________ has been killed in a traffic accident.
3. What does Carol tell her family about Paul?
4. Where does Ann get a new job?
5. What does Adele refuse to buy for Ann at a shopping mall?
Short Essay Questions
1. When is Carol emotionally ready to sue the Brozeks over Benny's death?
2. How does Carol and Jimmy's son, Benny, die?
3. How does the episode of the red shoes exhibit Adele's not being fit to parent?
4. What is Paul's mission during the war; why does he not complete the mission; and, what are his and Carol's plans for the future?
5. How does Ann's sexual relationship with Peter mirror her inappropriate behavior with young children?
6. How does Carol show depth of character in her life that Adele could not possibly understand?
7. What is the episode of the red shoes regarding Adele and Ann?
8. Describe how Carol's life is much more dramatic in reality than Adele's theatrics.
9. What is Adele's cottage like when Ann comes to visit?
10. What is the symbolism of the ants crawling on the carrot cake?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)