|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lillian name her new baby?
2. Lillian had a crush on a boy named _________________.
3. Who is Carol's husband?
4. What does Adele do to Ann many times during their trip?
(a) Leaves her at hotels.
(b) Makes her steal food.
(c) Leaves her by the side of the road.
(d) Makes her drive the car.
5. Who is the boy who walks Ann home after school?
(a) Daniel Swan.
(b) Steven Puckett.
(c) James Hall.
(d) Mark Gravely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Milton located decades later by a private detective?
2. Who is Carol's older son?
3. Why was Carol's older son a disappointment to his father?
4. At which hotel has Adele made reservations in Los Angeles?
5. What hotel do Ann and her mother stay at in Scottsdale?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carol believe is the basis of some of Adele's outlandish behavior?
2. Describe the unfortunate events in Hal's life including his drug use.
3. How does Adele's mental health come into question regarding how she manages Christmas for Ann and the rest of her family?
4. Why is Adele jealous of Ann's burgeoning sexuality?
5. What does Adele reveal about herself when she refuses to stay at the job in Watts?
6. How does Ann begin to assert some independence with her mother?
7. How do Hal's problems help Carol to become closer to her own mother?
8. How does Jimmy help Hal turn his life around?
9. How do Lillian and Art start out their married life?
10. Describe Adele's disappointing life with her first husband, Hisham.
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)