|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many aunts did Ann's grandmother have?
2. What branch of the service did Milton join?
(a) Air Force.
(b) Merchant Marines.
3. Who moves into the apartment soon after Adele meets him at an ice cream shop?
(a) Don Schafer.
(b) Lonnie Tishman.
(c) Wayne Gruber.
(d) Will Sloane.
4. What happens on Adele's first day at her new job?
(a) She got lost.
(b) She is hit by a student.
(c) Her car is vandalized.
(d) There is a fire.
5. Where do Adele and Ann stay after leaving the Bel Air Hotel?
(a) Jameson Inn.
(b) Laskey Hotel.
(c) Ramada Inn.
(d) Hampton Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ann's stepfather?
2. Who is Ann's father?
3. What does Ann wear to her first day of school?
4. What color dress did Lillian get married in?
5. Where is Milton located decades later by a private detective?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Art and how does Lillian's relationship with him negatively impact her life?
2. What is significant about the last time that Adele abandons Ann by the side of the road?
3. Who is Lonnie Tishman and how does he take advantage of Adele and Ann?
4. Explain how Carol and Adele are dissatisfied with their lives and the men in their worlds.
5. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Ann's discomfort over sharing a bed with her mother?
6. What is significant about the vacation Carol and Adele spend on Mackinac Island?
7. How do Hal's problems help Carol to become closer to her own mother?
8. Describe Adele's disappointing life with her first husband, Hisham.
9. What do Adele and Ann do upon their arrival in Los Angeles?
10. How did Lillian's mother show inappropriate behavior toward Lillian's brother, Milton?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)