|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ann's last name?
2. What hotel do Ann and her mother stay at in Scottsdale?
(c) Four Seasons.
3. Chapter 9 is a flashback of _____________________.
(a) Adele's adolescence.
(b) Ann's childhood.
(c) Ted's military service.
(d) Lillian's middle years.
4. Who took care of Lillian after she had strokes?
5. Daniel's family lives in ______________________.
(c) Long Beach.
(d) Benedict Canyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ann's grandmother's name?
2. What do Ann and Daniel do for school projects?
3. What do Adele and Ann do every night?
4. Where did Art get a job?
5. On what day of the week did Ann's grandmother visit her aunts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the unfortunate events in Hal's life including his drug use.
2. How does Adele pay for the trip to California?
3. How do Lillian and Art start out their married life?
4. How did Lillian's mother show inappropriate behavior toward Lillian's brother, Milton?
5. What does Carol believe is the basis of some of Adele's outlandish behavior?
6. What does California symbolize to Adele?
7. What is the premise of ANYWHERE BUT HERE?
8. What does Adele reveal about herself when she refuses to stay at the job in Watts?
9. How does Lillian feel about her husband's job and how is that feeling transmitted to her daughters?
10. Describe Ann's relationship with her mother.
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)