|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Ann's grandmother's brother?
2. What does Ann's father give her when she sees him?
(a) A package of hairbands.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A laptop.
(d) A plane ticket.
3. What do Adele and Ann do every night?
(a) Walk along the beach.
(b) Drive around looking at houses.
(c) Swim in the apartment pool.
(d) Watch old movies on TV.
4. On what day of the week did Ann's grandmother visit her aunts?
5. Who is Carol's older son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lillian had a crush on a boy named _________________.
2. How old was Adele at the time of the vacation in #76?
3. How long do Adele and Ann stay at the Bel Air Hotel?
4. What happened to Hisham's money for the trip?
5. What happens on Adele's first day at her new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the vacation Carol and Adele spend on Mackinac Island?
2. Explain how Carol and Adele are dissatisfied with their lives and the men in their worlds.
3. How do Lillian and Art start out their married life?
4. What is the premise of ANYWHERE BUT HERE?
5. How is Hal a disappointment to Carol and Jimmy?
6. How did Lillian's mother show inappropriate behavior toward Lillian's brother, Milton?
7. How does Jimmy help Hal turn his life around?
8. Who is Lonnie Tishman and how does he take advantage of Adele and Ann?
9. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Ann's discomfort over sharing a bed with her mother?
10. How does Ann try to act like the adult in the relationship with her mother?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)