|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Adele call Carol frequently?
(a) To make vacation plans.
(b) To talk about her marriage.
(c) To check on Lillian.
(d) To borrow money.
2. What does Carol finally allow Jimmy to do?
(a) Sue the Brozeks.
(b) Build a deck on the house.
(c) Take golf lessons.
(d) Take a separate vacation.
3. What does Carol tell her family about Paul?
(a) He was a really good friend.
(b) He was an acquaintance.
(d) He was her husband.
4. A phone call at one o'clock in the morning at Carol and Jimmy's house reveals that ____________________.
(a) Adele is drunk and lonely.
(b) Ann needs a ride from the airport.
(c) Lillian has had another stroke.
(d) Benny has been in a car accident.
5. With whom does Ann share the extra food in her lunches?
(a) Melanie Gifford.
(b) Donna Koerner.
(c) Theresa Griling.
(d) Madeline Strait.
6. Carol's father leaves her enough money to ___________________.
(a) buy a house.
(b) go back to college.
(c) have her nose fixed.
(d) travel the world.
7. Which of the following is NOT something Adele would put in Ann's school lunches?
8. How does Adele sabotage Ann's first date with a boy?
(a) She calls Ann, threatening to kill herself.
(b) She refuses to pay for Ann's hair salon appointment.
(c) She does not pick up Ann's dress at the dry cleaner's.
(d) She deliberately does not clean the apartment.
9. What does Adele refuse to buy for Ann at a shopping mall?
(b) Red shoes.
(c) Ballerina tutu.
(d) Pogo stick.
10. Benny dies of heart failure as the surgeon tries to __________________________.
(a) re-start his heart.
(b) remove a bullet.
(c) put a pin in his damaged leg.
(d) reattach his arm.
11. For what does Carol refuse to loan Adele any money?
(a) A cruise.
(b) A new car.
(c) Cosmetic breast surgery.
(d) A fur coat.
12. How is Adele's house decorated?
13. Who did Carol eventually marry?
14. Who was driving the truck and had the accident in which the person in #99 was killed?
(a) Jay Brozek.
(b) Terry Flynn.
(c) John Sillaman.
(d) Stan Grimes.
15. What is the true source of Ann's medical problem?
(b) A leaking breast implant.
(c) Food intolerances.
(d) Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Adele talked about doing for years?
2. What did Adele really do with the money Ann sent her?
3. What type of surgery does Jimmy have?
4. Which of Ann's friends invites Adele and Ann for Thanksgiving dinner?
5. Chapter 16 tells Carol's story during ______________________.
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)