|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The young man in #152 is a member of ____________________.
(a) the Nationalist party.
(b) the British army.
(c) the Resistance.
(d) the Nazi party.
2. Carol's father leaves her enough money to ___________________.
(a) buy a house.
(b) go back to college.
(c) have her nose fixed.
(d) travel the world.
3. In Chapter 14, Adele is waiting to marry ____________________.
(a) Max Garrity.
(b) Paul Gruber.
(c) Dr. Morrison.
(d) Dr. Hawthorne.
4. What does Adele want to buy?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A new car.
(c) A little house.
(d) A fast food franchise.
5. What does Adele refuse to buy for Ann at a shopping mall?
(b) Ballerina tutu.
(c) Red shoes.
(d) Pogo stick.
6. For what does Carol refuse to loan Adele any money?
(a) A cruise.
(b) A new car.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) Cosmetic breast surgery.
7. What does Ann do with the item in #132?
(a) Pays off her school loans.
(b) Takes a European vacation.
(c) Gives it to Adele.
(d) Buys a sports car.
8. While living in the studio apartment, Adele and Ann get a call to notify them that ______________ has been killed in a traffic accident.
9. Neither of Carol's parents told Carol about ____________________.
(a) her I.Q.
(b) the facts of life.
(c) her real mother.
(d) her dead sister.
10. What does Ann put in a cubbyhole in the Los Angeles apartment?
(a) A tin jewelry box.
(d) Stuffed animals.
11. A phone call at one o'clock in the morning at Carol and Jimmy's house reveals that ____________________.
(a) Benny has been in a car accident.
(b) Lillian has had another stroke.
(c) Ann needs a ride from the airport.
(d) Adele is drunk and lonely.
12. Who does Carol marry?
13. How did Jimmy and Carol get a huge sum of money?
(a) They won the Lottery.
(b) They saved it.
(c) They inherited it.
(d) They won a lawsuit.
14. What does Adele do with the item in #132?
(a) Takes a Caribbean cruise.
(b) Buys a cottage.
(c) Pawns it.
(d) Has plastic surgery.
15. For what reason does Adele call Carol frequently?
(a) To borrow money.
(b) To check on Lillian.
(c) To talk about her marriage.
(d) To make vacation plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann do when her mother refuses to buy her the item in #92?
2. Where does Carol go with nuns on a retreat?
3. Carol scatters Paul's ashes in a town in ________________.
4. How old was Carol when Adele was born?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Adele would put in Ann's school lunches?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)