|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ann's father invite her and Adele to go?
(c) The Florida Keys.
(d) The Olympic games.
2. Who moves into the apartment soon after Adele meets him at an ice cream shop?
(a) Lonnie Tishman.
(b) Don Schafer.
(c) Will Sloane.
(d) Wayne Gruber.
3. What stage name does Adele give to Ann to use in California?
4. Who did Carol's older son marry?
5. Who is Lillian's second child?
6. Why was Lillian unable to go to college?
(a) She did not get her scholarship.
(b) She did not get good grades.
(c) She got pregnant.
(d) She got very ill.
7. Who is Ann's stepfather?
8. Why was Carol's older son a disappointment to his father?
(a) He was not smart.
(b) He was not athletic.
(c) He had a speech impediment.
(d) He was very short.
9. Chapter 9 is a flashback of _____________________.
(a) Adele's adolescence.
(b) Ann's childhood.
(c) Lillian's middle years.
(d) Ted's military service.
10. Who is Ann's father?
11. When did Carol's older son start using drugs?
(a) After college.
(b) In college.
(c) In grade school.
(d) In high school.
12. This section is told from _________________ point of view.
13. Adele tells her Wisconsin relatives that ____________________________.
(a) the Christmas gifts she sent were lost in the mail.
(b) she is getting married again.
(c) she is coming back home.
(d) Ann got a scholarship.
14. Where do Adele and Ann stay after leaving the Bel Air Hotel?
(a) Laskey Hotel.
(b) Ramada Inn.
(c) Jameson Inn.
(d) Hampton Inn.
15. Who is Hisham's new wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann's father give her when she sees him?
2. Which of the following is something Ann's grandmother did NOT do for the aunts?
3. How long do Adele and Ann stay at the Bel Air Hotel?
4. Where is Milton located decades later by a private detective?
5. What happens on Adele's first day at her new job?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)