Chapter 1, "The Sign"
1. About how far was the dairy farm that Tommy Guptill owned from Amgash?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 4 miles.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 6 miles.
2. What caused the fire on Tommy Guptill's farm?
(a) The house's fireplace.
(b) An errant barbecue grill.
(c) A candle-lantern.
(d) The milking machines.
3. What was the only thing not destroyed in the fire that burned down Tommy Guptill's home and farm?
(a) A pocketwatch.
(b) A mirror frame.
(c) A pig.
(d) A doorknob.
4. Where had Tommy Guptill's children attended school before the fire forced them to move?
5. What job did Tommy Guptill take after his farm burned down?
(a) A teaching job.
(b) A janitorial job.
(c) A car salesman job.
(d) A postal job.
6. How old was Tommy Guptill when his farm burned?
7. On what day of the week in May does Tommy drive into Carlisle in Chapter 1, "The Sign"?
8. How old will Shirley be on her upcoming birthday in Chapter 1, "The Sign"?
This section contains 3,528 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)