|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Antony call a "great fairy"?
2. How does the speaker in Act 4's eleventh scene say the associated army shall be?
3. Upon what does one of the soldiers place his hope of the battle on foot in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The heat.
(b) The sun.
(c) The navy.
(d) The horse.
4. Whom does Cleopatra send to Antony with false report of her death?
5. In whose arms does Mark Antony die?
(c) His guards'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Cleopatra after Antony's death, in Act 4, Scene 15?
2. With whom has Antony's most recent deserter been discovered in Act 4, Scene 5?
3. For what does Antony tell Eros he has made the wars with Caesar?
4. To where do the soldiers carry Enobarbus's body?
5. How is the army of Caesar preparing for the second day of battle at Alexandria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What purpose does Act 4, Scene 3 serve, with its interlude of unnamed, minor characters?
2. What is meant by Charmian's statement that "The soul and body rive not more in parting / Than greatness going off"?
3. Why does Cleopatra tell Mardian to inform Antony that she has died?
4. What is revealed about the Roman attitude towards death in Act 4, Scene 14?
5. Why does Enobarbus say he will seek out a ditch in which he may die?
6. What happens to Enobarbus after his speech in Act 4, Scene 9?
7. To what end does Cleopatra commit herself, and why, after Antony has died?
8. What characterizes the reactions of those present in Act 4, Scene 1, to the news of Antony's death?
9. How does the course of the battle change in Act 4, Scene 10?
10. In what way are the places of the two armies shown to be exchanged in Act 4, Scene 8?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)