|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Antony intend his foot soldiers to stay in Act 4, Scene 10?
(a) Caesar's ships.
(b) Caesar's foot.
2. Cleopatra says that Antony is more mad than whom for his shield?
3. Where does Caesar say Cleopatra will be buried?
(a) In Rome.
(b) Beneath the city.
(c) In the sea.
(d) By Antony.
4. What does Caesar say the world shall bear freely if the battle of Alexandria goes well?
(a) The dove.
(b) The corpse of Antony.
(c) Its Caesar.
(d) The olive.
5. Who is it revealed has deserted Antony in Act 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleopatra say she will give to Scarus for his valor?
2. Where does Enobarbus seek to die?
3. What do the soldiers resolve to do about the noise in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. Who does Antony demand bring his armor in Act 4, Scene 4?
5. Whose hand does Antony clasp in Act 4, Scene 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What characterizes the reactions of those present in Act 4, Scene 1, to the news of Antony's death?
2. What attitude grips Antony and his soldiers in Act 4, Scene 7?
3. For what reason does Caesar seek to preserve the life of Cleopatra after hearing that Antony has died?
4. What is indicated by Cleopatra's refusal to come down to Antony in Act 4, Scene 15?
5. How does Caesar gain an advantage by holding his land forces still?
6. What characterizes Enobarbus' speech which he calls upon the moon to witness?
7. What is meant by Charmian's statement that "The soul and body rive not more in parting / Than greatness going off"?
8. How does Cleopatra comport herself towards Antony in Act 4, Scene 4?
9. What purpose does Act 4, Scene 3 serve, with its interlude of unnamed, minor characters?
10. What does Antony mean by saying that his men have "shown all Hectors" and why is this significant?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)