|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings news to Antony that Cleopatra is not dead?
2. What is the Greek name for "holy Phoebus" to whom Antony refers?
3. What happens to Cleopatra after Antony's death, in Act 4, Scene 15?
(a) She dies.
(b) She sits motionless.
(c) She wails uncontrollably.
(d) She faints.
4. What noise disturbs the soldiers in Act 4, Scene 3?
(b) A solitary voice singing.
5. Whom does Cleopatra name as her treasurer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom does Cleopatra report dreaming in Act 5, Scene 2?
2. What sort of men does Antony lament his poor fortunes have corrupted?
3. Where does Antony position his foot soldiers before the second day of battle at Alexandria?
4. Who enters the stage bleeding in Act 4, Scene 7?
5. How many soldiers speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is indicated by Cleopatra's refusal to come down to Antony in Act 4, Scene 15?
2. How does Antony behave towards his servants before the battle at Alexandria?
3. In what way is Antony's disposition towards the battle at Alexandria changed on the second day?
4. How has the battle gone so far, in Act 4, Scene 7?
5. How does the course of the battle change in Act 4, Scene 10?
6. What characterizes Enobarbus' speech which he calls upon the moon to witness?
7. To what end does Cleopatra commit herself, and why, after Antony has died?
8. How does the news of Cleopatra's death affect Antony's actions?
9. How does Caesar gain an advantage by holding his land forces still?
10. What purpose does Act 4, Scene 3 serve, with its interlude of unnamed, minor characters?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)