|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Cleopatra go after Antony departs to battle near the city of Alexandria?
(a) Her chamber.
(b) The field.
(c) Her ship.
(d) The desert.
2. Who enters to guard Cleopatra while Proculeius reports to Caesar?
3. Upon what does Antony say he will look in line 9 of Act 4's tenth scene?
(a) Cleopatra's coutenance.
(b) His own troops' discipline.
(c) The enemy's endeavor.
(d) The blood of Caesar.
4. What does Antony call the work of a soldier in war?
(a) The great test.
(b) The royal occupation.
(c) A gruesome drudergy.
(d) A daily labor.
5. Where does Cleopatra go in Act 4, Scene 13?
(a) The monument.
(b) Caesar's camp.
(d) Her ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Antony believe responsible for the actions of his fleet?
2. What does Enobarbus throw against the "flint and hardness" of his fault, figuratively speaking?
3. Whom does Cleopatra send to Antony with false report of her death?
4. What does Cleopatra tell her messenger to report as her last word to Antony?
5. What decision does Antony lament to the solider who greets him in the fifth scene of the fourth act?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Enobarbus reveal about Caesar in Act 4, Scene 6?
2. What attitude grips Antony and his soldiers in Act 4, Scene 7?
3. What is revealed about the Roman attitude towards death in Act 4, Scene 14?
4. How does Caesar gain an advantage by holding his land forces still?
5. What is revealed by Antony's immediate blame of Cleopatra for the surrender of his fleet?
6. How does Cleopatra comport herself towards Antony in Act 4, Scene 4?
7. Why does Cleopatra tell Mardian to inform Antony that she has died?
8. What does Antony mean by saying that his men have "shown all Hectors" and why is this significant?
9. What purpose does Act 4, Scene 3 serve, with its interlude of unnamed, minor characters?
10. For what reason does Caesar seek to preserve the life of Cleopatra after hearing that Antony has died?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)