|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings a basket to Cleopatra?
(b) A guard.
(d) A clown.
2. Whom does Antony believe responsible for the actions of his fleet?
3. Whom does Cleopatra name as her treasurer?
4. What is an appropriate synonym for "appointment" as used in line 8 of Act 4, Scene 10?
5. What noise disturbs the soldiers in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) A solitary voice singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What god does the Second Soldier say is leaving Antony?
2. The best force of the opposition is said by the speaker of the play's shortest scene to be put where?
3. What does Antony call Eros after the latter's suicide?
4. Upon what does one of the soldiers place his hope of the battle on foot in Act 4, Scene 3?
5. Of whom does Cleopatra report dreaming in Act 5, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Antony mean by saying that his men have "shown all Hectors" and why is this significant?
2. What does Enobarbus reveal about Caesar in Act 4, Scene 6?
3. Why does Cleopatra tell Mardian to inform Antony that she has died?
4. In what way are the places of the two armies shown to be exchanged in Act 4, Scene 8?
5. How has the battle gone so far, in Act 4, Scene 7?
6. What is revealed by Antony's immediate blame of Cleopatra for the surrender of his fleet?
7. What does the sudden music expose within the soldiers of Antony before the battle at Alexandria?
8. What effect on Antony's disposition does the desertion by Enobarbus have?
9. For what reason does Caesar seek to preserve the life of Cleopatra after hearing that Antony has died?
10. What attitude grips Antony and his soldiers in Act 4, Scene 7?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)