|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom has Antony's most recent deserter been discovered in Act 4, Scene 5?
2. Who brings news to Antony that Cleopatra is not dead?
3. Whom is it reported by Enobarbus that Caesar has hanged without good reason?
4. What does Antony call the work of a soldier in war?
(a) The great test.
(b) A gruesome drudergy.
(c) The royal occupation.
(d) A daily labor.
5. Whose of Caesar's does Antony insist alone is worthy of trust?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Antony into his camp in Act 4, Scene 5?
2. From next to where does Antony go to discover the outcome of the sea-battle at Alexandria?
3. Of what does Caesar say the death of Antony should have made a greater?
4. With whom does Antony intend his foot soldiers to stay in Act 4, Scene 10?
5. Whom does Cleopatra name as her treasurer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What characterizes the reactions of those present in Act 4, Scene 1, to the news of Antony's death?
2. How does the news of Cleopatra's death affect Antony's actions?
3. What purpose does Act 4, Scene 3 serve, with its interlude of unnamed, minor characters?
4. What is indicated by Cleopatra's refusal to come down to Antony in Act 4, Scene 15?
5. To what end does Cleopatra commit herself, and why, after Antony has died?
6. Why does Caesar insist upon being still with his land forces on the second day of Battle at Alexandria?
7. How does the course of the battle change in Act 4, Scene 10?
8. Why does Cleopatra tell Mardian to inform Antony that she has died?
9. What does Enobarbus reveal about Caesar in Act 4, Scene 6?
10. What is revealed by Antony's immediate blame of Cleopatra for the surrender of his fleet?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)