|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose "case of that huge spirit now is cold" as said by Cleopatra?
(c) Her own.
2. For whom does Antony call at the end of Act 4's twelfth scene?
3. Where does Caesar say Cleopatra will be buried?
(a) In Rome.
(b) By Antony.
(c) In the sea.
(d) Beneath the city.
4. Whose hand does Antony clasp in Act 4, Scene 8?
5. What does Agrippa command his men to do in Act 4, Scene 7?
(d) Besiege the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antony foreshadow by telling Eros that they must sleep, after Mardian delivers news of Cleopatra's death?
2. Of whom does Cleopatra report dreaming in Act 5, Scene 2?
3. What does Cleopatra say she will give to Scarus for his valor?
4. What noise disturbs the soldiers in Act 4, Scene 3?
5. With what word does Enobarbus describe his revolt in comparison to Antony's nobility?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is meant by Charmian's statement that "The soul and body rive not more in parting / Than greatness going off"?
2. How does Antony behave towards his servants before the battle at Alexandria?
3. In what way is Antony's disposition towards the battle at Alexandria changed on the second day?
4. How does Cleopatra envision her shaming in Rome if she is taken there as a captive?
5. What does the sudden music expose within the soldiers of Antony before the battle at Alexandria?
6. What is revealed about the Roman attitude towards death in Act 4, Scene 14?
7. What is indicated by Cleopatra's refusal to come down to Antony in Act 4, Scene 15?
8. Why does Cleopatra feign submission to Caesar at the end of the play?
9. What attitude grips Antony and his soldiers in Act 4, Scene 7?
10. How does Caesar gain an advantage by holding his land forces still?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)