|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose of Caesar's does Antony insist alone is worthy of trust?
2. Who accompanies Antony at the outset of Act 4, Scene 12?
3. Whom does Cleopatra say she and her companions shall make proud to take them?
4. How many soldiers speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
5. Of whom does Cleopatra report dreaming in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Emperor Antony.
(d) A god.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose "prepared nails" does Antony refer?
2. How does Antony kiss Cleopatra before departing for battle near Alexandria?
3. With whom has Antony's most recent deserter been discovered in Act 4, Scene 5?
4. Of what animal of Thessaly does Cleopatra speak?
5. What happens to Cleopatra after Antony's death, in Act 4, Scene 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What attitude grips Antony and his soldiers in Act 4, Scene 7?
2. What does Antony mean by saying that his men have "shown all Hectors" and why is this significant?
3. What is indicated by Cleopatra's refusal to come down to Antony in Act 4, Scene 15?
4. Why does Enobarbus say he will seek out a ditch in which he may die?
5. How does Cleopatra comport herself towards Antony in Act 4, Scene 4?
6. What happens to Enobarbus after his speech in Act 4, Scene 9?
7. What does the sudden music expose within the soldiers of Antony before the battle at Alexandria?
8. What purpose does Act 4, Scene 3 serve, with its interlude of unnamed, minor characters?
9. For what reason does Caesar seek to preserve the life of Cleopatra after hearing that Antony has died?
10. How does Antony react to the desertion by Enobarbus?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)