|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Antony lament to the solider who greets him in the fifth scene of the fourth act?
(a) To seek out Cleopatra.
(b) To fight at land.
(c) To fight at sea.
(d) To challenge Caesar.
2. Who enters to guard Cleopatra while Proculeius reports to Caesar?
3. What does Cleopatra say she will give to Scarus for his valor?
(a) Golden armor.
(b) A silver sword.
(c) A feast for a king.
(d) A fertile tract of land.
4. What does Agrippa command his men to do in Act 4, Scene 7?
(a) Besiege the city.
5. What may be held in the location to which the speaker and company go in Act 4, scene 11?
(a) A fitting death.
(b) A number of hostages.
(c) A temporary strategic asset.
(d) The best advantage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings a basket to Cleopatra?
2. To where does Cleopatra go after Antony departs to battle near the city of Alexandria?
3. How many times will Antony reward Scarus for his "good valor"?
4. Whom is it reported by Enobarbus that Caesar has hanged without good reason?
5. Upon what does one of the soldiers place his hope of the battle on foot in Act 4, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What purpose does Act 4, Scene 3 serve, with its interlude of unnamed, minor characters?
2. What attitude grips Antony and his soldiers in Act 4, Scene 7?
3. In what way is Antony's disposition towards the battle at Alexandria changed on the second day?
4. Why does Caesar insist upon being still with his land forces on the second day of Battle at Alexandria?
5. How does the course of the battle change in Act 4, Scene 10?
6. In what way are the places of the two armies shown to be exchanged in Act 4, Scene 8?
7. How does Antony behave towards his servants before the battle at Alexandria?
8. What is meant by Charmian's statement that "The soul and body rive not more in parting / Than greatness going off"?
9. What happens to Enobarbus after his speech in Act 4, Scene 9?
10. How does Cleopatra comport herself towards Antony in Act 4, Scene 4?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)