|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antony call the work of a soldier in war?
(a) A gruesome drudergy.
(b) The great test.
(c) The royal occupation.
(d) A daily labor.
2. Whom does Cleopatra name as her treasurer?
3. Whose "case of that huge spirit now is cold" as said by Cleopatra?
(a) Her own.
4. For whom does Antony call at the end of Act 4's twelfth scene?
5. To where does Cleopatra go after Antony departs to battle near the city of Alexandria?
(a) The field.
(b) Her ship.
(c) Her chamber.
(d) The desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what spurned suicidal lover of Roman lore does Antony refer?
2. What does Antony call Eros after the latter's suicide?
3. What does Antony send after his most recent deserter in Act 4, Scene 5?
4. What is Caesar's will regarding Antony in Act 4, Scene 6?
5. What is the "rumor" about of which the Second Soldier speaks in Act 4, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What characterizes the reactions of those present in Act 4, Scene 1, to the news of Antony's death?
2. What is indicated by Cleopatra's refusal to come down to Antony in Act 4, Scene 15?
3. What happens to Enobarbus after his speech in Act 4, Scene 9?
4. To what end does Cleopatra commit herself, and why, after Antony has died?
5. Why does Caesar insist upon being still with his land forces on the second day of Battle at Alexandria?
6. How does the news of Cleopatra's death affect Antony's actions?
7. What characterizes Enobarbus' speech which he calls upon the moon to witness?
8. Why does Cleopatra feign submission to Caesar at the end of the play?
9. How has the battle gone so far, in Act 4, Scene 7?
10. What does Enobarbus reveal about Caesar in Act 4, Scene 6?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)