|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whose "prepared nails" does Antony refer?
2. How many times will Antony reward Scarus for his "good valor"?
3. Whom is it reported by Enobarbus that Caesar has hanged without good reason?
4. Whom does Caesar send to accompany the speaker sent to Cleopatra in the first part of the final act?
5. What is an appropriate synonym for "appointment" as used in line 8 of Act 4, Scene 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise disturbs the soldiers in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. What does Antony call Eros after the latter's suicide?
3. Upon what does one of the soldiers place his hope of the battle on foot in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. What does Cleopatra say she will give to Scarus for his valor?
5. With whom does Antony intend his foot soldiers to stay in Act 4, Scene 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the news of Cleopatra's death affect Antony's actions?
2. What does Antony mean by saying that his men have "shown all Hectors" and why is this significant?
3. To what end does Cleopatra commit herself, and why, after Antony has died?
4. What does the sudden music expose within the soldiers of Antony before the battle at Alexandria?
5. Why does Cleopatra tell Mardian to inform Antony that she has died?
6. What is meant by Charmian's statement that "The soul and body rive not more in parting / Than greatness going off"?
7. What attitude grips Antony and his soldiers in Act 4, Scene 7?
8. What does Antony say will happen to Cleopatra if she does not vanish after his fleet has betrayed him?
9. Why does Caesar insist upon being still with his land forces on the second day of Battle at Alexandria?
10. What characterizes Enobarbus' speech which he calls upon the moon to witness?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)