|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times will Antony reward Scarus for his "good valor"?
2. Whom does Antony believe responsible for the actions of his fleet?
3. Whom does Caesar send to Antony to implore him to surrender in the first scene of the final act?
4. With what does Cleopatra kill herself?
(b) A dagger.
(d) A spear.
5. Whom does Cleopatra name as her treasurer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Antony lament to the solider who greets him in the fifth scene of the fourth act?
2. How many lines are there in Act 4, Scene 11?
3. What does Caesar say the world shall bear freely if the battle of Alexandria goes well?
4. Who brings news to Antony that Cleopatra is not dead?
5. Of what does Caesar say the death of Antony should have made a greater?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Caesar seek to preserve the life of Cleopatra after hearing that Antony has died?
2. What effect on Antony's disposition does the desertion by Enobarbus have?
3. What characterizes Enobarbus' speech which he calls upon the moon to witness?
4. What is indicated by Cleopatra's refusal to come down to Antony in Act 4, Scene 15?
5. How does the course of the battle change in Act 4, Scene 10?
6. What does the sudden music expose within the soldiers of Antony before the battle at Alexandria?
7. How does Cleopatra envision her shaming in Rome if she is taken there as a captive?
8. Why does Cleopatra tell Mardian to inform Antony that she has died?
9. What is revealed about the Roman attitude towards death in Act 4, Scene 14?
10. How does Antony react to the desertion by Enobarbus?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)