|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antony say his men have all proved themselves in Act 4, Scene 8?
2. Whom does Antony believe responsible for the actions of his fleet?
3. What does Caesar say the world shall bear freely if the battle of Alexandria goes well?
(a) The olive.
(b) The dove.
(c) The corpse of Antony.
(d) Its Caesar.
4. What do the soldiers resolve to do about the noise in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Silence it.
(b) Listen to it.
(c) Ignore it.
(d) Follow it.
5. To whose "prepared nails" does Antony refer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Antony lament to the solider who greets him in the fifth scene of the fourth act?
2. To where do the soldiers carry Enobarbus's body?
3. Who brings news to Antony that Cleopatra is not dead?
4. Who accompanies Antony at the outset of Act 4, Scene 12?
5. Who arrives to announce Antony's death to Caesar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What characterizes the reactions of those present in Act 4, Scene 1, to the news of Antony's death?
2. How does Caesar gain an advantage by holding his land forces still?
3. In what way is Antony's disposition towards the battle at Alexandria changed on the second day?
4. In what way are the places of the two armies shown to be exchanged in Act 4, Scene 8?
5. What is revealed by Antony's immediate blame of Cleopatra for the surrender of his fleet?
6. What does the sudden music expose within the soldiers of Antony before the battle at Alexandria?
7. What characterizes Enobarbus' speech which he calls upon the moon to witness?
8. What is revealed about the Roman attitude towards death in Act 4, Scene 14?
9. How has the battle gone so far, in Act 4, Scene 7?
10. Why does Cleopatra tell Mardian to inform Antony that she has died?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)