|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Antony in Act 4, Scene 10?
2. Who arrives and claims that the enemy is beaten and his side's advantage serves for "a fair victory" in the seventh scene of the fourth act?
3. How many lines are there in Act 4, Scene 11?
4. Of what does Caesar say the death of Antony should have made a greater?
5. Upon what does one of the soldiers place his hope of the battle on foot in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The navy.
(b) The heat.
(c) The sun.
(d) The horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antony call the work of a soldier in war?
2. With what does Cleopatra kill herself?
3. How many times will Antony reward Scarus for his "spritely comfort"?
4. Who brings news to Antony that Cleopatra is not dead?
5. What does Antony compare to the spirit of a youth who "means to be of note," in Act 4, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Caesar insist upon being still with his land forces on the second day of Battle at Alexandria?
2. What attitude grips Antony and his soldiers in Act 4, Scene 7?
3. For what reason does Caesar seek to preserve the life of Cleopatra after hearing that Antony has died?
4. Why does Cleopatra tell Mardian to inform Antony that she has died?
5. How does Caesar gain an advantage by holding his land forces still?
6. What does Antony say will happen to Cleopatra if she does not vanish after his fleet has betrayed him?
7. Why does Enobarbus say he will seek out a ditch in which he may die?
8. What does the sudden music expose within the soldiers of Antony before the battle at Alexandria?
9. What does Antony mean by saying that his men have "shown all Hectors" and why is this significant?
10. Why does Cleopatra feign submission to Caesar at the end of the play?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)