|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Antony call a "great fairy"?
2. What does Antony call the work of a soldier in war?
(a) The great test.
(b) A daily labor.
(c) The royal occupation.
(d) A gruesome drudergy.
3. How many times will Antony reward Scarus for his "good valor"?
4. To where do the soldiers carry Enobarbus's body?
(a) The walls of Alexandria.
(b) The court of guard.
(c) Caesar's ship.
(d) Caesar's tent.
5. Who arrives to announce Antony's death to Caesar?
(d) An Egyptian.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what spurned suicidal lover of Roman lore does Antony refer?
2. Whom does Caesar put in the van of his attack against Antony at Alexandria?
3. What is the Greek name for "holy Phoebus" to whom Antony refers?
4. Where does Cleopatra go in Act 4, Scene 13?
5. What does Antony foreshadow by telling Eros that they must sleep, after Mardian delivers news of Cleopatra's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cleopatra feign submission to Caesar at the end of the play?
2. What does Antony mean by saying that his men have "shown all Hectors" and why is this significant?
3. How does Antony behave towards his servants before the battle at Alexandria?
4. Why does Cleopatra tell Mardian to inform Antony that she has died?
5. What attitude grips Antony and his soldiers in Act 4, Scene 7?
6. How does Cleopatra envision her shaming in Rome if she is taken there as a captive?
7. What characterizes Enobarbus' speech which he calls upon the moon to witness?
8. In what way is Antony's disposition towards the battle at Alexandria changed on the second day?
9. What does Enobarbus reveal about Caesar in Act 4, Scene 6?
10. What is revealed by Antony's immediate blame of Cleopatra for the surrender of his fleet?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)