|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Antony lament to the solider who greets him in the fifth scene of the fourth act?
(a) To seek out Cleopatra.
(b) To challenge Caesar.
(c) To fight at sea.
(d) To fight at land.
2. Who goes to make Caesar's will regarding Antony known to the troops?
3. Of whom does Cleopatra report dreaming in Act 5, Scene 2?
(c) Emperor Antony.
(d) A god.
4. To whose "prepared nails" does Antony refer?
5. Whom does Cleopatra say she and her companions shall make proud to take them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Enobarbus throw against the "flint and hardness" of his fault, figuratively speaking?
2. What does Antony say his men have all proved themselves in Act 4, Scene 8?
3. What god does the Second Soldier say is leaving Antony?
4. How many times will Antony reward Scarus for his "spritely comfort"?
5. To where does the speaker in Act 4, Scene 11, say the speaker and company must go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Caesar insist upon being still with his land forces on the second day of Battle at Alexandria?
2. Why does Cleopatra feign submission to Caesar at the end of the play?
3. What characterizes Enobarbus' speech which he calls upon the moon to witness?
4. What does Antony mean by saying that his men have "shown all Hectors" and why is this significant?
5. What does Antony say will happen to Cleopatra if she does not vanish after his fleet has betrayed him?
6. What purpose does Act 4, Scene 3 serve, with its interlude of unnamed, minor characters?
7. How does the course of the battle change in Act 4, Scene 10?
8. What is revealed about the Roman attitude towards death in Act 4, Scene 14?
9. How does Caesar gain an advantage by holding his land forces still?
10. How does Cleopatra comport herself towards Antony in Act 4, Scene 4?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)