|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Antony tell Eros he has made the wars with Caesar?
2. With whom has Antony's most recent deserter been discovered in Act 4, Scene 5?
3. What does Caesar say the world shall bear freely if the battle of Alexandria goes well?
(a) The corpse of Antony.
(b) The olive.
(c) The dove.
(d) Its Caesar.
4. How many times will Antony reward Scarus for his "spritely comfort"?
(a) Ten times.
5. Where does Enobarbus seek to die?
(a) The Nile.
(b) A ship.
(c) A ditch.
(d) A bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of "scotches" as used by Scarus?
2. To where do the soldiers carry Enobarbus's body?
3. What does Antony foreshadow by telling Eros that they must sleep, after Mardian delivers news of Cleopatra's death?
4. Whom is it reported by Enobarbus that Caesar has hanged without good reason?
5. Where does Cleopatra go in Act 4, Scene 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Caesar insist upon being still with his land forces on the second day of Battle at Alexandria?
2. What effect on Antony's disposition does the desertion by Enobarbus have?
3. How does the news of Cleopatra's death affect Antony's actions?
4. What does Enobarbus reveal about Caesar in Act 4, Scene 6?
5. Why does Enobarbus say he will seek out a ditch in which he may die?
6. How does Cleopatra envision her shaming in Rome if she is taken there as a captive?
7. Why does Cleopatra tell Mardian to inform Antony that she has died?
8. In what way are the places of the two armies shown to be exchanged in Act 4, Scene 8?
9. How has the battle gone so far, in Act 4, Scene 7?
10. What is revealed about the Roman attitude towards death in Act 4, Scene 14?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)