|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where do the soldiers carry Enobarbus's body?
(a) Caesar's tent.
(b) Caesar's ship.
(c) The walls of Alexandria.
(d) The court of guard.
2. How does Antony kiss Cleopatra before departing for battle near Alexandria?
(a) Like a soldier.
(b) On the cheek.
(c) Like a husband.
(d) On the hand.
3. Whose hand does Antony clasp in Act 4, Scene 8?
4. What god does the Second Soldier say is leaving Antony?
5. For what does Antony tell Eros he has made the wars with Caesar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Antony call a "great fairy"?
2. Whom does Antony believe responsible for the actions of his fleet?
3. Who is it revealed has deserted Antony in Act 4?
4. Who is speaking in Act 4, Scene 11?
5. Who accompanies Antony at the outset of Act 4, Scene 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Caesar seek to preserve the life of Cleopatra after hearing that Antony has died?
2. How has the battle gone so far, in Act 4, Scene 7?
3. What is meant by Charmian's statement that "The soul and body rive not more in parting / Than greatness going off"?
4. What characterizes the reactions of those present in Act 4, Scene 1, to the news of Antony's death?
5. What characterizes Enobarbus' speech which he calls upon the moon to witness?
6. What effect on Antony's disposition does the desertion by Enobarbus have?
7. How does Cleopatra envision her shaming in Rome if she is taken there as a captive?
8. To what end does Cleopatra commit herself, and why, after Antony has died?
9. What does Antony mean by saying that his men have "shown all Hectors" and why is this significant?
10. How does Caesar gain an advantage by holding his land forces still?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)