|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose flight has given example to the rest of the men on the losing side?
2. What does Antony, in Act 4, Scene 2's terminal line, say he and his fellows ought to drown?
3. What is the name of Mark Antony's wife?
4. Where does Caesar say that Pompey resides in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Which of the following does Antony NOT command his men to do after his defeat at Actium?
(a) Take his gold.
(b) Kill him.
(d) Make peace with Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Caesar exchange speech in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. In praising Antony, Cleopatra says in Act 2, Scene 5, she has dispraised whom?
3. In Act 3, Scene 5, who delivers news to Enobarbus?
4. Which of the following accompanies Pompey at his house?
5. According to Canidius, where did Caesar fight Pompey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caesar imply by his directions regarding giving the soldiers a feast the night before the battle at Alexandria?
2. What is the significance of the discussion between Enobarbus and Agrippa in the first part of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Why does Enobarbus tell Menas that that which has caused amity between Caesar and Antony will likewise "prove the immediate author of their variance"?
4. What characterizes the reports that the messenger gives to Cleopatra of Octavia?
5. What characterizes the responses by Antony's subordinates to his announcement that he will fight Caesar by sea at Actium?
6. What causes Antony to experience a dramatic change at the play's beginning?
7. How do his companions react to Antony's speeches in Act 4, Scene 2?
8. Why does Octavius Caesar lament the absence of Mark Antony?
9. For what reasons are tensions brewing between Antony and Caesar in Act 3, Scene 4?
10. For what reason does Antony spurn the news that has come from Rome at the play's beginning?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)