|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antony's betrothed say she shall do when Antony is about the world?
(a) Pray for him.
(b) Write to him.
(c) Curse him.
(d) Think of him.
2. Whom does Caesar send to win Cleopatra from Antony?
3. In praising Antony, Cleopatra says in Act 2, Scene 5, she has dispraised whom?
4. Of what is Antony told concerning his wife in the play's second scene?
(a) Her re-marriage.
(b) Her coming to him.
(c) Her death.
(d) Her giving birth.
5. Who does Caesar say thrives in the idleness of the triumvirs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings news to Pompey that Mark Antony is returning to Rome?
2. What of Cleopatra's does Antony say repays him for the loss at Actium?
3. When does Caesar say he will attack after receiving Antony's challenge?
4. How does Cleopatra intend to act on the occasion that Antony is sad in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. How does Caesar respond to Antony's challenge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Octavius Caesar lament the absence of Mark Antony?
2. How does Caesar instruct Thyreus to win Cleopatra from Antony?
3. For what reasons are tensions brewing between Antony and Caesar in Act 3, Scene 4?
4. Why is it suggested by Agrippa that Mark Antony be married to Octavia?
5. What characterizes the manner with which Cleopatra reacts to Antony's decisions?
6. What characterizes the reports that the messenger gives to Cleopatra of Octavia?
7. In what way does Antony compose himself in Act 4, Scene 2?
8. For what reason does Cleopatra send Alexas to Italy?
9. For what reason does Cleopatra fly into a rage in the fifth scene of the second act?
10. What causes Antony to experience a dramatic change at the play's beginning?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)