|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings a message from Antony to Cleopatra at the end of the first act?
2. It is reported in Act 3, Scene 5, that Caesar has arrested whom?
3. What does Antony's betrothed say she shall do when Antony is about the world?
(a) Curse him.
(b) Pray for him.
(c) Think of him.
(d) Write to him.
4. Who does Antony report has made new wars against Pompey?
5. Which of the following does Antony NOT command his men to do after his defeat at Actium?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Take his gold.
(d) Make peace with Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon whose trencher does Antony say he found Cleopatra as a "cold morsel"?
2. Whose presence does Enorbarbus say must puzzle Antony?
3. What animal does Antony jokingly describe for the drunken Lepidus?
4. To whom does the triumphant victor in the first scene of Act 3 speak?
5. In praising Antony, Cleopatra says in Act 2, Scene 5, she has dispraised whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Cleopatra fly into a rage in the fifth scene of the second act?
2. What does the sight of Thyreus kissing Cleopatra's hand provoke in Mark Antony?
3. Why is it suggested by Agrippa that Mark Antony be married to Octavia?
4. How does Cleopatra act in Antony's absence?
5. What is the result of Antony's fleeing from Actium?
6. In what way does Antony compose himself in Act 4, Scene 2?
7. How does Caesar instruct Thyreus to win Cleopatra from Antony?
8. What causes Antony to flee the battle of Actium?
9. For what reason does Mecaenas imply that striking Antony while the beleaguered triumvir is in his rage is strategically sound
10. Under what condition would Caesar grant lands in Sicily to Mark Antony?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)