|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Enobarbus attribute all the fault of the defeat in battle at Actium?
(c) Mark Antony.
2. Upon whose trencher does Antony say he found Cleopatra as a "cold morsel"?
(b) Dead Caesar's.
(d) Living Caesar's.
3. Where does Caesar say that Pompey resides in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What game do Cleopatra and Mardian almost play to pass the time while she waits to hear of Antony?
(a) A word game.
(b) A game of cards.
5. Where is Pompey's house that serves as the setting for the beginning of Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what field of battle does Antony proclaim he will engage Caesar in Act 3, Scene 7?
2. What does Antony hope to see the enemy numbers of by placing his squadrons on "yond side o' the hill"?
3. What does Caesar's companion say indicates Antony is ready to fall in the beginning of the fourth act?
4. Against what does Caesar warn Antony in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What is the "Tiber" to which Antony refers at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Antony to flee the battle of Actium?
2. In what way does Antony compose himself in Act 4, Scene 2?
3. For what reason does Mecaenas imply that striking Antony while the beleaguered triumvir is in his rage is strategically sound
4. What characterizes the reports that the messenger gives to Cleopatra of Octavia?
5. For what reason does Antony spurn the news that has come from Rome at the play's beginning?
6. What characterizes the manner with which Cleopatra reacts to Antony's decisions?
7. What is the result of Antony's fleeing from Actium?
8. How does Menas propose to make Pompey the ruler of the world?
9. What good does Caesar say that Octavia's letters had done, regarding Antony?
10. For what reasons are tensions brewing between Antony and Caesar in Act 3, Scene 4?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)