|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what age does the messenger report his guessing of Octavia's age to Cleopatra?
2. How many days does Lepidus say Mecaenas and Agrippa will gain on him?
3. What action of Thyreus's inspires Mark Antony to have him punished?
(a) Holding Cleopatra's hand.
(b) Bring Cleopatra a letter.
(c) Insulting Mark Antony.
(d) Kissing Cleopatra's hand.
4. To where does Antony decide he must go in the beginning of the play?
5. In Act 3, Scene 5, who delivers news to Enobarbus?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what field of battle does Antony proclaim he will engage Caesar in Act 3, Scene 7?
2. In what location does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
3. According to Canidius, where did Caesar fight Pompey?
4. To whom does Enorbarbus predict Antony will be faithful?
5. Who does Antony report has made new wars against Pompey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Enobarbus tell Menas that that which has caused amity between Caesar and Antony will likewise "prove the immediate author of their variance"?
2. Why is it suggested by Agrippa that Mark Antony be married to Octavia?
3. For what reasons are tensions brewing between Antony and Caesar in Act 3, Scene 4?
4. How does Cleopatra expose her true self in Act 3, Scene 13?
5. What characterizes the reports that the messenger gives to Cleopatra of Octavia?
6. What causes Antony to flee the battle of Actium?
7. Why does Octavius Caesar lament the absence of Mark Antony?
8. What characterizes the responses by Antony's subordinates to his announcement that he will fight Caesar by sea at Actium?
9. What characterizes Antony's speech after Actium, before Cleopatra arrives, at the palace in Alexandria?
10. For what reason does Cleopatra send Alexas to Italy?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)