|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Caesar send to win Cleopatra from Antony?
2. Who does Caesar say thrives in the idleness of the triumvirs?
3. To whom is it proposed that Antony be married?
4. Which of the following does Antony NOT command his men to do after his defeat at Actium?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Make peace with Caesar.
(d) Take his gold.
5. With what does Caesar reward his army in the beginning of Act 4?
(d) A feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. In praising Antony, Cleopatra says in Act 2, Scene 5, she has dispraised whom?
2. To whom does Caesar compare Octavia's return to Rome?
3. What is the meaning of "dolorous" as used by Antony in line 39 of Act 4, Scene 2?
4. In what isle was Sextus Pompeius "spoil'd" by the account of Caesar?
5. What does Cleopatra imagine Antony calls her at the end of the first act?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Antony compose himself in Act 4, Scene 2?
2. What is the result of Antony's fleeing from Actium?
3. What characterizes the manner with which Cleopatra reacts to Antony's decisions?
4. Why does Enobarbus tell Menas that that which has caused amity between Caesar and Antony will likewise "prove the immediate author of their variance"?
5. For what reason does Cleopatra send Alexas to Italy?
6. What causes Antony to experience a dramatic change at the play's beginning?
7. For what reasons are tensions brewing between Antony and Caesar in Act 3, Scene 4?
8. Under what condition would Caesar grant lands in Sicily to Mark Antony?
9. What is the significance of the discussion between Enobarbus and Agrippa in the first part of Act 3, Scene 2?
10. How do his companions react to Antony's speeches in Act 4, Scene 2?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)