|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antony says he will make who (or what) love him the next time he fights in Act 3, Scene 13?
2. What is the name of the man who accompanies Caesar in Act 3, Scene 8?
3. To where does Antony decide he must go in the beginning of the play?
4. Pompey tells Menas in Act 2, Scene 7, that his honor leads his what?
5. What does Cleopatra imagine Antony calls her at the end of the first act?
(a) "A blot on my conscience."
(b) "My gem of Egypt."
(c) "My serpent of 'old Nile'."
(d) "The deadly basilisk."
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose house does Act 2, Scene 2 unfold?
2. Whose body is borne before the triumphant victor in Parthia?
3. How many days does Lepidus say Mecaenas and Agrippa will gain on him?
4. What does Antony hope to see the enemy numbers of by placing his squadrons on "yond side o' the hill"?
5. Who emerges triumphant in Parthia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cleopatra envision her shaming in Rome if she is taken there as a captive?
2. Why does Octavius Caesar lament the absence of Mark Antony?
3. What causes Antony to flee the battle of Actium?
4. What is indicated by Cleopatra's refusal to come down to Antony in Act 4, Scene 15?
5. How does Caesar instruct Thyreus to win Cleopatra from Antony?
6. How does the course of the battle change in Act 4, Scene 10?
7. What effect on Antony's disposition does the desertion by Enobarbus have?
8. How does Antony behave towards his servants before the battle at Alexandria?
9. Why does Enobarbus say he will seek out a ditch in which he may die?
10. Why is it suggested by Agrippa that Mark Antony be married to Octavia?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)