|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antony hope to see the enemy numbers of by placing his squadrons on "yond side o' the hill"?
(b) Siege weapons.
2. In what location does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
3. Who does Caesar say thrives in the idleness of the triumvirs?
4. With what weapon does Cleopatra threaten the messenger from Italy?
(a) A sword.
(b) A knife.
(c) A spear.
(d) A whip.
5. When does Caesar say he will attack after receiving Antony's challenge?
(c) Next week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings news to Pompey that Mark Antony is returning to Rome?
2. Where does Caesar say that Pompey resides in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Pompey relates to Mark Antony the coming of whom to Sicily?
4. What literally are "wassails" as used by Caesar to describe Antony's behavior?
5. To whom does Caesar compare Octavia's return to Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Antony spurn the news that has come from Rome at the play's beginning?
2. How does Caesar gain an advantage by holding his land forces still?
3. Why does Enobarbus tell Menas that that which has caused amity between Caesar and Antony will likewise "prove the immediate author of their variance"?
4. Why does Caesar insist upon being still with his land forces on the second day of Battle at Alexandria?
5. For what reason does the Soothsayer tell Antony he must go back to Egypt?
6. Why does Octavius Caesar lament the absence of Mark Antony?
7. How does Cleopatra act in Antony's absence?
8. Why does Cleopatra feign submission to Caesar at the end of the play?
9. How does Menas propose to make Pompey the ruler of the world?
10. What good does Caesar say that Octavia's letters had done, regarding Antony?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)