|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Antony NOT command his men to do after his defeat at Actium?
(a) Make peace with Caesar.
(c) Take his gold.
(d) Kill him.
2. When does Caesar say he will attack after receiving Antony's challenge?
(b) Next week.
3. Who emerges triumphant in Parthia?
(b) Marcus Crassus.
4. About what age does the messenger report his guessing of Octavia's age to Cleopatra?
5. What does Enobarbus say is the cause of the "odd tricks" shot out of Antony's mind?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Antony have Thyreus's punished?
2. To whom does Caesar compare Octavia's return to Rome?
3. It is reported in Act 3, Scene 5, that Caesar has arrested whom?
4. What, according to Enobarbus, ails Lepidus after the meeting with Pompey?
5. Where is Antony reported as being, by Caesar, in Act 3, Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cleopatra envision her shaming in Rome if she is taken there as a captive?
2. What does Antony say will happen to Cleopatra if she does not vanish after his fleet has betrayed him?
3. In what way are the places of the two armies shown to be exchanged in Act 4, Scene 8?
4. For what reason does Antony spurn the news that has come from Rome at the play's beginning?
5. What does the sight of Thyreus kissing Cleopatra's hand provoke in Mark Antony?
6. For what reason does Cleopatra send Alexas to Italy?
7. How does the news of Cleopatra's death affect Antony's actions?
8. How does Cleopatra expose her true self in Act 3, Scene 13?
9. How has the battle gone so far, in Act 4, Scene 7?
10. What does the sudden music expose within the soldiers of Antony before the battle at Alexandria?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)