|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Antony report has made new wars against Pompey?
2. Against what does Caesar warn Antony in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Imperial ambition.
(c) Loving too dearly.
(d) Reckless violence.
3. For what reason does Caesar claim he arrested Lepidus?
(a) Lepidus's suspicious behavior.
(b) Lepidus's envy.
(c) Lepidus's cruelty.
(d) Lepidus's greed.
4. Upon whose trencher does Antony say he found Cleopatra as a "cold morsel"?
(c) Dead Caesar's.
(d) Living Caesar's.
5. What is Cleopatra's initial fear when a messenger arrives from Italy in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Antony's death.
(b) Antony's ailing.
(c) Antony's marriage.
(d) Pompey's victory.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what weapon does Cleopatra threaten the messenger from Italy?
2. What does Antony say he will possibly bathe in the "blood / Shall make it live again" in the second scene of the fourth act?
3. What literally are "wassails" as used by Caesar to describe Antony's behavior?
4. Whose ship hoists its sail and flies, "like a cow in June"?
5. To whom does the triumphant victor in the first scene of Act 3 speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do his companions react to Antony's speeches in Act 4, Scene 2?
2. How does Caesar instruct Thyreus to win Cleopatra from Antony?
3. For what reason does Antony insist upon assailing Caesar by sea at Actium, despite the protestations of his loyal men?
4. How does Cleopatra act in Antony's absence?
5. Why does Enobarbus tell Menas that that which has caused amity between Caesar and Antony will likewise "prove the immediate author of their variance"?
6. For what reasons are tensions brewing between Antony and Caesar in Act 3, Scene 4?
7. For what reason does Cleopatra fly into a rage in the fifth scene of the second act?
8. For what reason does Ventidius claim he leaves some soldiering undone?
9. What good does Caesar say that Octavia's letters had done, regarding Antony?
10. Why does Octavius Caesar lament the absence of Mark Antony?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)