|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ship hoists its sail and flies, "like a cow in June"?
2. Who is sent by Antony to intervene with Caesar in an attempt to prevent civil war?
3. In praising Antony, Cleopatra says in Act 2, Scene 5, she has dispraised whom?
4. What does Antony's betrothed say she shall do when Antony is about the world?
(a) Write to him.
(b) Curse him.
(c) Think of him.
(d) Pray for him.
5. What game do Cleopatra and Mardian almost play to pass the time while she waits to hear of Antony?
(a) A word game.
(c) A game of cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what age does the messenger report his guessing of Octavia's age to Cleopatra?
2. What of Cleopatra's does Antony say repays him for the loss at Actium?
3. Whose body is borne before the triumphant victor in Parthia?
4. For what reason does Caesar claim he arrested Lepidus?
5. Who emerges triumphant in Parthia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What characterizes the responses by Antony's subordinates to his announcement that he will fight Caesar by sea at Actium?
2. What is the result of Antony's fleeing from Actium?
3. What characterizes the manner with which Cleopatra reacts to Antony's decisions?
4. How do his companions react to Antony's speeches in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. Why is it suggested by Agrippa that Mark Antony be married to Octavia?
6. What does the sight of Thyreus kissing Cleopatra's hand provoke in Mark Antony?
7. How does Caesar instruct Thyreus to win Cleopatra from Antony?
8. How does Cleopatra act in Antony's absence?
9. Why does Enobarbus tell Menas that that which has caused amity between Caesar and Antony will likewise "prove the immediate author of their variance"?
10. What good does Caesar say that Octavia's letters had done, regarding Antony?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)