|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in the play's beginning, is the "tawny front" upon which Antony has turned his view?
2. What of Cleopatra's does Antony say repays him for the loss at Actium?
(a) Her death.
(b) A flagon of wine.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A victory.
3. Who is Bacchus, as referenced in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Ptolemy's assistant.
(b) Cleopatra's Minister.
(c) The God of Wine.
(d) The God of Dancing.
4. How many times "of better fortune" does Enobarbus say that Caesar is, in comparison to Antony?
(a) A hundred.
5. How does Antony have Thyreus's punished?
(a) By whipping.
(b) By castration.
(c) By hanging.
(d) By mutilating his lips.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Canidius, where did Caesar fight Pompey?
2. What does Antony's betrothed say she shall do when Antony is about the world?
3. Who accompanies Pompey to the meeting with the triumvirs?
4. Who does Antony report has made new wars against Pompey?
5. Where is Pompey's house that serves as the setting for the beginning of Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Mecaenas imply that striking Antony while the beleaguered triumvir is in his rage is strategically sound
2. What causes Antony to experience a dramatic change at the play's beginning?
3. What is the significance of the discussion between Enobarbus and Agrippa in the first part of Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Why is it suggested by Agrippa that Mark Antony be married to Octavia?
5. How does Cleopatra expose her true self in Act 3, Scene 13?
6. What does the sight of Thyreus kissing Cleopatra's hand provoke in Mark Antony?
7. Under what condition would Caesar grant lands in Sicily to Mark Antony?
8. What characterizes the reports that the messenger gives to Cleopatra of Octavia?
9. What characterizes the responses by Antony's subordinates to his announcement that he will fight Caesar by sea at Actium?
10. How does Cleopatra act in Antony's absence?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)