|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Alexas use as an example in saying that no one would dare not look on Cleopatra when she is ill-pleased?
(a) Rameses II.
(b) Octavius Caesar.
(c) Herod of Jewry.
(d) Julius Caesar.
2. Who brings a message from Antony to Cleopatra at the end of the first act?
3. Whose ship hoists its sail and flies, "like a cow in June"?
4. Whom does Caesar send to win Cleopatra from Antony?
5. To what does Antony challenge Caesar in his letter, read at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) A debate.
(b) A duel.
(c) A game of wits.
(d) A battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent by Antony to intervene with Caesar in an attempt to prevent civil war?
2. To whom does Enobarbus speak in the first part of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. In Act 3, Scene 5, who delivers news to Enobarbus?
4. To where does Antony decide he must go in the beginning of the play?
5. Whose presence does Enorbarbus say must puzzle Antony?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do his companions react to Antony's speeches in Act 4, Scene 2?
2. What causes Antony to flee the battle of Actium?
3. For what reasons are tensions brewing between Antony and Caesar in Act 3, Scene 4?
4. Why does Octavius Caesar lament the absence of Mark Antony?
5. For what reason does Antony spurn the news that has come from Rome at the play's beginning?
6. How does Cleopatra act in Antony's absence?
7. For what reason does Mecaenas imply that striking Antony while the beleaguered triumvir is in his rage is strategically sound
8. For what reason does Ventidius claim he leaves some soldiering undone?
9. What good does Caesar say that Octavia's letters had done, regarding Antony?
10. What characterizes the manner with which Cleopatra reacts to Antony's decisions?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)