|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Alexas use as an example in saying that no one would dare not look on Cleopatra when she is ill-pleased?
(a) Herod of Jewry.
(b) Octavius Caesar.
(c) Rameses II.
(d) Julius Caesar.
2. What does Cleopatra insist Charmian give her to drink at the last scene of Act 1?
(b) Poisoned grape juice.
3. Antony says he will make who (or what) love him the next time he fights in Act 3, Scene 13?
4. Where is Antony reported as being, by Caesar, in Act 3, Scene 6?
5. When asked by Cleopatra "what shall we do?" in Act 3, Scene 13, what does Enobarbus reply?
(a) Live for now, and soon, die.
(b) Fight, and live.
(c) Think, and die.
(d) Sleep, and die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cleopatra want to send to find Antony in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What game do Cleopatra and Mardian almost play to pass the time while she waits to hear of Antony?
3. At whose house does Act 2, Scene 2 unfold?
4. Which of the following does Antony NOT command his men to do after his defeat at Actium?
5. To where does Antony decide he must go in the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the battle gone so far, in Act 4, Scene 7?
2. What characterizes Antony's speech after Actium, before Cleopatra arrives, at the palace in Alexandria?
3. What is indicated by Cleopatra's refusal to come down to Antony in Act 4, Scene 15?
4. For what reason does the Soothsayer tell Antony he must go back to Egypt?
5. How does Cleopatra comport herself towards Antony in Act 4, Scene 4?
6. For what reason does Cleopatra fly into a rage in the fifth scene of the second act?
7. For what reason does Cleopatra send Alexas to Italy?
8. For what reason does Antony insist upon assailing Caesar by sea at Actium, despite the protestations of his loyal men?
9. What does Enobarbus reveal about Caesar in Act 4, Scene 6?
10. What does Caesar imply by his directions regarding giving the soldiers a feast the night before the battle at Alexandria?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)