|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action of Thyreus's inspires Mark Antony to have him punished?
(a) Bring Cleopatra a letter.
(b) Kissing Cleopatra's hand.
(c) Insulting Mark Antony.
(d) Holding Cleopatra's hand.
2. Where is Antony reported as being, by Caesar, in Act 3, Scene 6?
3. What is the name of Mark Antony's wife?
4. What animal does Antony jokingly describe for the drunken Lepidus?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A basilisk.
(c) A serpent.
(d) A crocodile.
5. To whom does Enorbarbus predict Antony will be faithful?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following accompanies Pompey at his house?
2. Who does Caesar say thrives in the idleness of the triumvirs?
3. How does Antony have Thyreus's punished?
4. What is the name of the man who accompanies Caesar in Act 3, Scene 8?
5. Whom does Cleopatra send to report on the features of Octavia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What characterizes the manner with which Cleopatra reacts to Antony's decisions?
2. For what reason does Mecaenas imply that striking Antony while the beleaguered triumvir is in his rage is strategically sound
3. How do his companions react to Antony's speeches in Act 4, Scene 2?
4. For what reason does Antony spurn the news that has come from Rome at the play's beginning?
5. How does Cleopatra act in Antony's absence?
6. What does the sight of Thyreus kissing Cleopatra's hand provoke in Mark Antony?
7. What does Caesar imply by his directions regarding giving the soldiers a feast the night before the battle at Alexandria?
8. What characterizes the responses by Antony's subordinates to his announcement that he will fight Caesar by sea at Actium?
9. In what way does Antony compose himself in Act 4, Scene 2?
10. For what reason does Cleopatra fly into a rage in the fifth scene of the second act?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)