|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does Antony's odd trick in speaking to his servants produce on the servants?
(a) They weep.
(b) They quail.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They flee.
2. Whose flight has given example to the rest of the men on the losing side?
3. Against what does Caesar warn Antony in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Reckless violence.
(c) Loving too dearly.
(d) Imperial ambition.
4. When does Caesar say he will attack after receiving Antony's challenge?
(b) Next week.
5. Where is Pompey's house that serves as the setting for the beginning of Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What, in the play's beginning, is the "tawny front" upon which Antony has turned his view?
2. Pompey tells Menas in Act 2, Scene 7, that his honor leads his what?
3. Who emerges triumphant in Parthia?
4. What does Antony's betrothed say she shall do when Antony is about the world?
5. To whom does Enobarbus attribute all the fault of the defeat in battle at Actium?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caesar imply by his directions regarding giving the soldiers a feast the night before the battle at Alexandria?
2. What causes Antony to flee the battle of Actium?
3. What is the significance of the discussion between Enobarbus and Agrippa in the first part of Act 3, Scene 2?
4. How do his companions react to Antony's speeches in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What characterizes the reports that the messenger gives to Cleopatra of Octavia?
6. For what reason does Mecaenas imply that striking Antony while the beleaguered triumvir is in his rage is strategically sound
7. What good does Caesar say that Octavia's letters had done, regarding Antony?
8. Why does Enobarbus tell Menas that that which has caused amity between Caesar and Antony will likewise "prove the immediate author of their variance"?
9. In what way does Antony compose himself in Act 4, Scene 2?
10. What characterizes Antony's speech after Actium, before Cleopatra arrives, at the palace in Alexandria?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)