|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose flight has given example to the rest of the men on the losing side?
2. To whom does Enobarbus speak in the first part of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What does Cleopatra imagine Antony calls her at the end of the first act?
(a) "A blot on my conscience."
(b) "The deadly basilisk."
(c) "My serpent of 'old Nile'."
(d) "My gem of Egypt."
4. Who emerges triumphant in Parthia?
(a) Marcus Crassus.
5. Who does Cleopatra want to send to find Antony in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the messenger report the voice of Octavia to Cleopatra?
2. The Soothsayer tells Antony he ought to go where?
3. In what field of battle does Antony proclaim he will engage Caesar in Act 3, Scene 7?
4. Whom does Alexas use as an example in saying that no one would dare not look on Cleopatra when she is ill-pleased?
5. Whom does Caesar send to win Cleopatra from Antony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Antony to flee the battle of Actium?
2. How does Cleopatra act in Antony's absence?
3. For what reason does Antony spurn the news that has come from Rome at the play's beginning?
4. What characterizes the manner with which Cleopatra reacts to Antony's decisions?
5. For what reason does Cleopatra fly into a rage in the fifth scene of the second act?
6. What characterizes Antony's speech after Actium, before Cleopatra arrives, at the palace in Alexandria?
7. What is the meaning and significance of "a Lethe'd dulness" as Pompey uses the phrase in line 27 of Act 2, Scene 1?
8. How do his companions react to Antony's speeches in Act 4, Scene 2?
9. What causes Antony to experience a dramatic change at the play's beginning?
10. What does the sight of Thyreus kissing Cleopatra's hand provoke in Mark Antony?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)