|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what field of battle does Antony proclaim he will engage Caesar in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) The sea.
2. How many times "of better fortune" does Enobarbus say that Caesar is, in comparison to Antony?
(c) A hundred.
3. What is the "Tiber" to which Antony refers at the beginning of the play?
(a) A region.
(b) A river.
(c) A mountain range.
(d) The underworld.
4. To whom does the triumphant victor in the first scene of Act 3 speak?
(c) Marcus Crassus.
5. Who is with Caesar in his home in Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Sextus Pompeius.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bacchus, as referenced in Act 2, Scene 7?
2. At whose house does Act 2, Scene 2 unfold?
3. Where does Caesar say that Pompey resides in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who brings a message from Antony to Cleopatra at the end of the first act?
5. Upon whose trencher does Antony say he found Cleopatra as a "cold morsel"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cleopatra act in Antony's absence?
2. What characterizes the reports that the messenger gives to Cleopatra of Octavia?
3. Why is it suggested by Agrippa that Mark Antony be married to Octavia?
4. In what way does Antony compose himself in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. For what reason does Antony insist upon assailing Caesar by sea at Actium, despite the protestations of his loyal men?
6. How does Cleopatra expose her true self in Act 3, Scene 13?
7. For what reason does Cleopatra fly into a rage in the fifth scene of the second act?
8. What is the result of Antony's fleeing from Actium?
9. What characterizes Antony's speech after Actium, before Cleopatra arrives, at the palace in Alexandria?
10. Why does Octavius Caesar lament the absence of Mark Antony?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)