|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose presence does Enorbarbus say must puzzle Antony?
(b) His own.
2. To whom does Enorbarbus predict Antony will be faithful?
3. Who emerges triumphant in Parthia?
(d) Marcus Crassus.
4. What does Antony's betrothed say she shall do when Antony is about the world?
(a) Write to him.
(b) Think of him.
(c) Pray for him.
(d) Curse him.
5. Whom does Alexas use as an example in saying that no one would dare not look on Cleopatra when she is ill-pleased?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) Rameses II.
(c) Herod of Jewry.
(d) Octavius Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Caesar exchange speech in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Whose body is borne before the triumphant victor in Parthia?
3. Who accompanies Pompey to the meeting with the triumvirs?
4. From how many messengers does Antony receive news in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. In what isle was Sextus Pompeius "spoil'd" by the account of Caesar?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Antony spurn the news that has come from Rome at the play's beginning?
2. How does Menas propose to make Pompey the ruler of the world?
3. What does the sight of Thyreus kissing Cleopatra's hand provoke in Mark Antony?
4. What does Caesar imply by his directions regarding giving the soldiers a feast the night before the battle at Alexandria?
5. In what way does Antony compose himself in Act 4, Scene 2?
6. What good does Caesar say that Octavia's letters had done, regarding Antony?
7. How does Cleopatra expose her true self in Act 3, Scene 13?
8. For what reason does Antony insist upon assailing Caesar by sea at Actium, despite the protestations of his loyal men?
9. How do his companions react to Antony's speeches in Act 4, Scene 2?
10. For what reason does Cleopatra fly into a rage in the fifth scene of the second act?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)