|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What god does the Second Soldier say is leaving Antony?
2. Who arrives to announce Antony's death to Caesar?
(c) An Egyptian.
3. How does the speaker in Act 4's eleventh scene say the associated army shall be?
4. What is Caesar's will regarding Antony in Act 4, Scene 6?
(a) That he be driven to shame.
(b) That he be taken alive.
(c) That he be killed.
(d) That he surrender.
5. What does Antony send after his most recent deserter in Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) The deserter's sword.
(b) The deserter's treasure.
(c) The deserter's wife's head.
(d) The deserter's servants.
6. How many times will Antony reward Scarus for his "good valor"?
7. What is the Greek name for "holy Phoebus" to whom Antony refers?
8. What is the meaning of "scotches" as used by Scarus?
9. Who accompanies Cleopatra to her destination in Act 4, Scene 13?
10. Whom does Caesar send to accompany the speaker sent to Cleopatra in the first part of the final act?
11. Upon what does one of the soldiers place his hope of the battle on foot in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The navy.
(b) The sun.
(c) The heat.
(d) The horse.
12. What does Antony compare to the spirit of a youth who "means to be of note," in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) The present morning.
(b) The sound of trumpets before war.
(c) The sight of one's beloved before battle.
(d) A battle fought at night.
13. With what does Cleopatra kill herself?
(a) A dagger.
(d) A spear.
14. Who arrives and claims that the enemy is beaten and his side's advantage serves for "a fair victory" in the seventh scene of the fourth act?
15. To whose "prepared nails" does Antony refer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an appropriate synonym for "appointment" as used in line 8 of Act 4, Scene 10?
2. What does Antony foreshadow by telling Eros that they must sleep, after Mardian delivers news of Cleopatra's death?
3. Of what animal of Thessaly does Cleopatra speak?
4. Whom does Cleopatra send to Antony with false report of her death?
5. Who brings news to Antony that Cleopatra is not dead?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)