|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Antony believe responsible for the actions of his fleet?
2. Whom does Antony call a "great fairy"?
3. The best force of the opposition is said by the speaker of the play's shortest scene to be put where?
(a) Between the hills.
(b) Up the river.
(c) On the land.
(d) To the galleys.
4. Of what does Caesar say the death of Antony should have made a greater?
5. Who is speaking in Act 4, Scene 11?
6. What does Caesar say the world shall bear freely if the battle of Alexandria goes well?
(a) Its Caesar.
(b) The olive.
(c) The corpse of Antony.
(d) The dove.
7. Who arrives and claims that the enemy is beaten and his side's advantage serves for "a fair victory" in the seventh scene of the fourth act?
8. From next to where does Antony go to discover the outcome of the sea-battle at Alexandria?
(a) The pine.
(b) The hill.
(c) The coast.
(d) The vale.
9. How many times will Antony reward Scarus for his "good valor"?
10. What does Enobarbus throw against the "flint and hardness" of his fault, figuratively speaking?
(a) His will.
(b) His life.
(c) His heart.
(d) His soul.
11. Upon what does Antony say he will look in line 9 of Act 4's tenth scene?
(a) The enemy's endeavor.
(b) The blood of Caesar.
(c) Cleopatra's coutenance.
(d) His own troops' discipline.
12. What does Antony say his men have all proved themselves in Act 4, Scene 8?
13. How many soldiers speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
14. How many lines are there in Act 4, Scene 11?
15. How many soldiers are present in Act 4, Scene 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Cleopatra send to Antony with false report of her death?
2. What does Antony call Eros after the latter's suicide?
3. Whom does Caesar send to accompany the speaker sent to Cleopatra in the first part of the final act?
4. What does Antony send after his most recent deserter in Act 4, Scene 5?
5. What is an appropriate synonym for "appointment" as used in line 8 of Act 4, Scene 10?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)