|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Antony into his camp in Act 4, Scene 5?
2. Where does Enobarbus seek to die?
(a) A ditch.
(b) A bed.
(c) A ship.
(d) The Nile.
3. Who enters the stage bleeding in Act 4, Scene 7?
4. Who is it revealed has deserted Antony in Act 4?
5. What do the soldiers resolve to do about the noise in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Listen to it.
(b) Follow it.
(c) Silence it.
(d) Ignore it.
6. Where does Caesar say Cleopatra will be buried?
(a) Beneath the city.
(b) In the sea.
(c) In Rome.
(d) By Antony.
7. Where does Antony position his foot soldiers before the second day of battle at Alexandria?
(a) On the plain.
(b) In the valley.
(c) Near the sea.
(d) On the hills.
8. What does Antony say his men have all proved themselves in Act 4, Scene 8?
9. In the concluding lines of Act 4, Scene 8, Antony says heaven and earth will do what to Antony and his companions?
(a) Abandon them.
(b) Condemn them.
(c) Applaud them.
(d) Deride them.
10. What does Antony compare to the spirit of a youth who "means to be of note," in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) The sound of trumpets before war.
(b) The present morning.
(c) A battle fought at night.
(d) The sight of one's beloved before battle.
11. Whom does Caesar put in the van of his attack against Antony at Alexandria?
(a) Antony's deserters.
(c) Pompey's fighters.
(d) Caesar's best fighters.
12. Of what animal of Thessaly does Cleopatra speak?
(a) The lion.
(b) The manticore.
(c) The snake.
(d) The boar.
13. What does Enobarbus throw against the "flint and hardness" of his fault, figuratively speaking?
(a) His heart.
(b) His soul.
(c) His life.
(d) His will.
14. What do the soldiers hear after Enobarbus dies?
(c) The sea.
15. Caesar says that the news of Antony's death is tidings enough to wash the eyes of whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise disturbs the soldiers in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. Whom does Antony believe responsible for the actions of his fleet?
3. Who accompanies Antony in Act 4, Scene 10?
4. Where does Cleopatra go in Act 4, Scene 13?
5. What is the Greek name for "holy Phoebus" to whom Antony refers?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)