|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soldiers are present in Act 4, Scene 9?
2. To where do the soldiers carry Enobarbus's body?
(a) Caesar's ship.
(b) The walls of Alexandria.
(c) Caesar's tent.
(d) The court of guard.
3. Whom does Caesar send to speak to Cleopatra after hearing of Antony's death?
(c) An Egyptian.
4. What does Agrippa command his men to do in Act 4, Scene 7?
(b) Besiege the city.
5. How is the army of Caesar preparing for the second day of battle at Alexandria?
(a) By sea.
(b) With fire.
(c) By river.
(d) By land.
6. What does Caesar say the world shall bear freely if the battle of Alexandria goes well?
(a) The corpse of Antony.
(b) The olive.
(c) Its Caesar.
(d) The dove.
7. Who brings a basket to Cleopatra?
(a) A clown.
(d) A guard.
8. Of what does Caesar say the death of Antony should have made a greater?
9. What does Cleopatra say she will give to Scarus for his valor?
(a) A feast for a king.
(b) A fertile tract of land.
(c) Golden armor.
(d) A silver sword.
10. With whom has Antony's most recent deserter been discovered in Act 4, Scene 5?
11. What does Antony compare to the spirit of a youth who "means to be of note," in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) The sight of one's beloved before battle.
(b) A battle fought at night.
(c) The sound of trumpets before war.
(d) The present morning.
12. Whom does Cleopatra say she and her companions shall make proud to take them?
13. Upon what does one of the soldiers place his hope of the battle on foot in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The horse.
(b) The sun.
(c) The heat.
(d) The navy.
14. What god does the Second Soldier say is leaving Antony?
15. Who accompanies Cleopatra to her destination in Act 4, Scene 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is speaking in Act 4, Scene 11?
2. Whom does Caesar put in the van of his attack against Antony at Alexandria?
3. In whose arms does Mark Antony die?
4. The best force of the opposition is said by the speaker of the play's shortest scene to be put where?
5. What is the Greek name for "holy Phoebus" to whom Antony refers?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)