|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antony say his men have all proved themselves in Act 4, Scene 8?
2. Who brings a basket to Cleopatra?
(b) A clown.
(d) A guard.
3. What does Antony compare to the spirit of a youth who "means to be of note," in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) A battle fought at night.
(b) The sight of one's beloved before battle.
(c) The sound of trumpets before war.
(d) The present morning.
4. The best force of the opposition is said by the speaker of the play's shortest scene to be put where?
(a) Between the hills.
(b) To the galleys.
(c) On the land.
(d) Up the river.
5. Who arrives and claims that the enemy is beaten and his side's advantage serves for "a fair victory" in the seventh scene of the fourth act?
6. Whom does Antony believe responsible for the actions of his fleet?
7. Whom does Antony call a "great fairy"?
8. From next to where does Antony go to discover the outcome of the sea-battle at Alexandria?
(a) The pine.
(b) The vale.
(c) The coast.
(d) The hill.
9. Whom does Caesar put in the van of his attack against Antony at Alexandria?
(b) Antony's deserters.
(c) Pompey's fighters.
(d) Caesar's best fighters.
10. Who is speaking in Act 4, Scene 11?
11. Upon what does Antony say he will look in line 9 of Act 4's tenth scene?
(a) Cleopatra's coutenance.
(b) The enemy's endeavor.
(c) His own troops' discipline.
(d) The blood of Caesar.
12. For whom does Antony call at the end of Act 4's twelfth scene?
13. What do the soldiers hear after Enobarbus dies?
(c) The sea.
14. How many soldiers are present in Act 4, Scene 9?
15. Of whom does Cleopatra report dreaming in Act 5, Scene 2?
(c) A god.
(d) Emperor Antony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Greek name for "holy Phoebus" to whom Antony refers?
2. In the concluding lines of Act 4, Scene 8, Antony says heaven and earth will do what to Antony and his companions?
3. What is an appropriate synonym for "appointment" as used in line 8 of Act 4, Scene 10?
4. With what does Cleopatra kill herself?
5. Who does Antony demand bring his armor in Act 4, Scene 4?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)