|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caesar's will regarding Antony in Act 4, Scene 6?
(a) That he be taken alive.
(b) That he be driven to shame.
(c) That he be killed.
(d) That he surrender.
2. In the concluding lines of Act 4, Scene 8, Antony says heaven and earth will do what to Antony and his companions?
(a) Deride them.
(b) Abandon them.
(c) Condemn them.
(d) Applaud them.
3. What does Antony compare to the spirit of a youth who "means to be of note," in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) A battle fought at night.
(b) The sight of one's beloved before battle.
(c) The sound of trumpets before war.
(d) The present morning.
4. What does Antony call Eros after the latter's suicide?
(a) Much better the man.
(b) Cleopatra's shadow.
(c) Thrice-nobler than he.
(d) Twice the fool.
5. With what does Cleopatra kill herself?
(a) A spear.
(b) A dagger.
6. Who goes to make Caesar's will regarding Antony known to the troops?
7. Who does Antony demand bring his armor in Act 4, Scene 4?
8. Caesar says that the news of Antony's death is tidings enough to wash the eyes of whom?
9. Whose of Caesar's does Antony insist alone is worthy of trust?
10. What sort of men does Antony lament his poor fortunes have corrupted?
(a) Honest men.
(b) Cowardly men.
(c) Brave men.
(d) Those already corrupt.
11. How is the army of Caesar preparing for the second day of battle at Alexandria?
(a) By river.
(b) By land.
(c) With fire.
(d) By sea.
12. What does Agrippa command his men to do in Act 4, Scene 7?
(d) Besiege the city.
13. Who brings news to Antony that Cleopatra is not dead?
14. Whose "case of that huge spirit now is cold" as said by Cleopatra?
(d) Her own.
15. What does Antony foreshadow by telling Eros that they must sleep, after Mardian delivers news of Cleopatra's death?
(a) Their death.
(b) Their defeat.
(c) Cleopatra's last betrayal.
(d) Their surrender.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cleopatra go in Act 4, Scene 13?
2. Who is it revealed has deserted Antony in Act 4?
3. With whom does Antony intend his foot soldiers to stay in Act 4, Scene 10?
4. Who accompanies Cleopatra to her destination in Act 4, Scene 13?
5. What does Antony say his men have all proved themselves in Act 4, Scene 8?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)