|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of men does Antony lament his poor fortunes have corrupted?
(a) Honest men.
(b) Those already corrupt.
(c) Brave men.
(d) Cowardly men.
2. Who accompanies Antony into his camp in Act 4, Scene 5?
3. What does Caesar say the world shall bear freely if the battle of Alexandria goes well?
(a) Its Caesar.
(b) The corpse of Antony.
(c) The olive.
(d) The dove.
4. To where does the speaker in Act 4, Scene 11, say the speaker and company must go?
(a) To the vales.
(b) To Alexandria.
(c) To the galleys.
(d) To the hills.
5. How does the speaker in Act 4's eleventh scene say the associated army shall be?
6. What has Antony's fleet done at Alexandria?
(b) Been distroyed.
(c) Gained victory.
7. To what spurned suicidal lover of Roman lore does Antony refer?
8. Whose "case of that huge spirit now is cold" as said by Cleopatra?
(d) Her own.
9. Who accompanies Antony in Act 4, Scene 10?
10. What does Cleopatra tell her messenger to report as her last word to Antony?
11. What does Antony call Eros after the latter's suicide?
(a) Twice the fool.
(b) Much better the man.
(c) Thrice-nobler than he.
(d) Cleopatra's shadow.
12. What do the soldiers hear after Enobarbus dies?
(c) The sea.
13. The best force of the opposition is said by the speaker of the play's shortest scene to be put where?
(a) On the land.
(b) To the galleys.
(c) Up the river.
(d) Between the hills.
14. What happens to Cleopatra after Antony's death, in Act 4, Scene 15?
(a) She faints.
(b) She sits motionless.
(c) She wails uncontrollably.
(d) She dies.
15. How many lines are there in Act 4, Scene 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Caesar put in the van of his attack against Antony at Alexandria?
2. Who enters the stage bleeding in Act 4, Scene 7?
3. Upon what does Antony say he will look in line 9 of Act 4's tenth scene?
4. Of whom does Cleopatra report dreaming in Act 5, Scene 2?
5. With whom does Antony intend his foot soldiers to stay in Act 4, Scene 10?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)