|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Caesar send to accompany the speaker sent to Cleopatra in the first part of the final act?
2. Where does Antony position his foot soldiers before the second day of battle at Alexandria?
(a) On the hills.
(b) In the valley.
(c) On the plain.
(d) Near the sea.
3. Upon what does one of the soldiers place his hope of the battle on foot in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The sun.
(b) The horse.
(c) The heat.
(d) The navy.
4. What does Enobarbus throw against the "flint and hardness" of his fault, figuratively speaking?
(a) His life.
(b) His will.
(c) His heart.
(d) His soul.
5. How does Antony kiss Cleopatra before departing for battle near Alexandria?
(a) On the hand.
(b) On the cheek.
(c) Like a husband.
(d) Like a soldier.
6. Who arrives to announce Antony's death to Caesar?
(b) An Egyptian.
7. Whose of Caesar's does Antony insist alone is worthy of trust?
8. What is the Greek name for "holy Phoebus" to whom Antony refers?
9. Who brings a basket to Cleopatra?
(b) A guard.
(c) A clown.
10. What does Antony send after his most recent deserter in Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) The deserter's servants.
(b) The deserter's sword.
(c) The deserter's wife's head.
(d) The deserter's treasure.
11. Whose "case of that huge spirit now is cold" as said by Cleopatra?
(b) Her own.
12. How many soldiers are present in Act 4, Scene 9?
13. For whom does Antony call at the end of Act 4's twelfth scene?
14. What do the soldiers hear after Enobarbus dies?
(c) The sea.
15. Of what does Antony say Cleopatra is armorer?
(a) His heart.
(b) His army.
(c) His courage.
(d) His soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to make Caesar's will regarding Antony known to the troops?
2. What is the meaning of "scotches" as used by Scarus?
3. What sort of men does Antony lament his poor fortunes have corrupted?
4. What does Agrippa command his men to do in Act 4, Scene 7?
5. What god does the Second Soldier say is leaving Antony?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)