|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers hear after Enobarbus dies?
(a) The sea.
2. For whom does Antony call at the end of Act 4's twelfth scene?
3. What may be held in the location to which the speaker and company go in Act 4, scene 11?
(a) A temporary strategic asset.
(b) A fitting death.
(c) A number of hostages.
(d) The best advantage.
4. Who arrives to announce Antony's death to Caesar?
(a) An Egyptian.
5. What does Antony compare to the spirit of a youth who "means to be of note," in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) The sound of trumpets before war.
(b) The present morning.
(c) The sight of one's beloved before battle.
(d) A battle fought at night.
6. In whose arms does Mark Antony die?
(a) His guards'.
7. How is the army of Caesar preparing for the second day of battle at Alexandria?
(a) With fire.
(b) By sea.
(c) By land.
(d) By river.
8. What decision does Antony lament to the solider who greets him in the fifth scene of the fourth act?
(a) To challenge Caesar.
(b) To seek out Cleopatra.
(c) To fight at sea.
(d) To fight at land.
9. How many soldiers speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
10. Whom does Antony call a "great fairy"?
11. With what word does Enobarbus describe his revolt in comparison to Antony's nobility?
12. Of what does Antony say Cleopatra is armorer?
(a) His soul.
(b) His army.
(c) His heart.
(d) His courage.
13. Where does Caesar say Cleopatra will be buried?
(a) By Antony.
(b) In the sea.
(c) Beneath the city.
(d) In Rome.
14. Who brings a basket to Cleopatra?
(c) A clown.
(d) A guard.
15. Who accompanies Antony at the outset of Act 4, Scene 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it revealed has deserted Antony in Act 4?
2. Whom does Cleopatra send to Antony with false report of her death?
3. What god does the Second Soldier say is leaving Antony?
4. How does the speaker in Act 4's eleventh scene say the associated army shall be?
5. In the concluding lines of Act 4, Scene 8, Antony says heaven and earth will do what to Antony and his companions?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)