|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Caesar says that the news of Antony's death is tidings enough to wash the eyes of whom?
2. What is the meaning of "scotches" as used by Scarus?
3. What does Antony call Eros after the latter's suicide?
(a) Thrice-nobler than he.
(b) Cleopatra's shadow.
(c) Much better the man.
(d) Twice the fool.
4. What do the soldiers resolve to do about the noise in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Follow it.
(b) Silence it.
(c) Ignore it.
(d) Listen to it.
5. What is the Greek name for "holy Phoebus" to whom Antony refers?
6. Who brings a basket to Cleopatra?
(a) A clown.
(d) A guard.
7. To where does Cleopatra go after Antony departs to battle near the city of Alexandria?
(a) Her ship.
(b) The desert.
(c) Her chamber.
(d) The field.
8. What decision does Antony lament to the solider who greets him in the fifth scene of the fourth act?
(a) To seek out Cleopatra.
(b) To fight at sea.
(c) To challenge Caesar.
(d) To fight at land.
9. To where do the soldiers carry Enobarbus's body?
(a) The court of guard.
(b) Caesar's ship.
(c) The walls of Alexandria.
(d) Caesar's tent.
10. Whose hand does Antony clasp in Act 4, Scene 8?
11. What does Antony say his men have all proved themselves in Act 4, Scene 8?
12. Who is speaking in Act 4, Scene 11?
13. With what does Cleopatra kill herself?
(a) A spear.
(c) A dagger.
14. Who goes to make Caesar's will regarding Antony known to the troops?
15. With what word does Enobarbus describe his revolt in comparison to Antony's nobility?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Antony at the outset of Act 4, Scene 12?
2. Who arrives to announce Antony's death to Caesar?
3. What does Enobarbus throw against the "flint and hardness" of his fault, figuratively speaking?
4. What does Cleopatra say she will give to Scarus for his valor?
5. Who enters the stage bleeding in Act 4, Scene 7?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)