|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what spurned suicidal lover of Roman lore does Antony refer?
2. What does Cleopatra tell her messenger to report as her last word to Antony?
3. Who goes to make Caesar's will regarding Antony known to the troops?
4. Who does Antony demand bring his armor in Act 4, Scene 4?
5. What does Antony send after his most recent deserter in Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) The deserter's treasure.
(b) The deserter's wife's head.
(c) The deserter's sword.
(d) The deserter's servants.
6. Who arrives and claims that the enemy is beaten and his side's advantage serves for "a fair victory" in the seventh scene of the fourth act?
7. What is Caesar's will regarding Antony in Act 4, Scene 6?
(a) That he be driven to shame.
(b) That he surrender.
(c) That he be killed.
(d) That he be taken alive.
8. Whom does Cleopatra name as her treasurer?
9. In whose arms does Mark Antony die?
(a) His guards'.
10. What is an appropriate synonym for "appointment" as used in line 8 of Act 4, Scene 10?
11. What has Antony's fleet done at Alexandria?
(a) Gained victory.
(d) Been distroyed.
12. How many times will Antony reward Scarus for his "spritely comfort"?
(d) Ten times.
13. What does Antony say his men have all proved themselves in Act 4, Scene 8?
14. Of whom does Cleopatra report dreaming in Act 5, Scene 2?
(b) Emperor Antony.
(c) A god.
15. Cleopatra says that Antony is more mad than whom for his shield?
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does the speaker in Act 4, Scene 11, say the speaker and company must go?
2. Caesar says that the news of Antony's death is tidings enough to wash the eyes of whom?
3. From next to where does Antony go to discover the outcome of the sea-battle at Alexandria?
4. Who brings news to Antony that Cleopatra is not dead?
5. Upon what does Antony say he will look in line 9 of Act 4's tenth scene?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)