|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is it reported by Enobarbus that Caesar has hanged without good reason?
2. Whom does Caesar send to accompany the speaker sent to Cleopatra in the first part of the final act?
3. Whom does Antony call a "great fairy"?
4. Of whom does Cleopatra report dreaming in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) A god.
(c) Emperor Antony.
5. What does Antony send after his most recent deserter in Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) The deserter's treasure.
(b) The deserter's servants.
(c) The deserter's wife's head.
(d) The deserter's sword.
6. Who is it revealed has deserted Antony in Act 4?
7. How is the army of Caesar preparing for the second day of battle at Alexandria?
(a) By river.
(b) With fire.
(c) By land.
(d) By sea.
8. What does Antony call the work of a soldier in war?
(a) A gruesome drudergy.
(b) The royal occupation.
(c) A daily labor.
(d) The great test.
9. What is the meaning of "scotches" as used by Scarus?
10. Whom does Caesar send to Antony to implore him to surrender in the first scene of the final act?
11. Who accompanies Cleopatra to her destination in Act 4, Scene 13?
12. Upon what does Antony say he will look in line 9 of Act 4's tenth scene?
(a) Cleopatra's coutenance.
(b) His own troops' discipline.
(c) The blood of Caesar.
(d) The enemy's endeavor.
13. With what does Cleopatra kill herself?
(a) A dagger.
(c) A spear.
14. What do the soldiers hear after Enobarbus dies?
(d) The sea.
15. What does Cleopatra tell her messenger to report as her last word to Antony?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is speaking in Act 4, Scene 11?
2. How many soldiers speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. Whom does Antony believe responsible for the actions of his fleet?
4. What does Antony foreshadow by telling Eros that they must sleep, after Mardian delivers news of Cleopatra's death?
5. Where does Cleopatra go in Act 4, Scene 13?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)