|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soldiers are present in Act 4, Scene 9?
2. To where does the speaker in Act 4, Scene 11, say the speaker and company must go?
(a) To the hills.
(b) To the galleys.
(c) To Alexandria.
(d) To the vales.
3. Where does Enobarbus seek to die?
(a) A ship.
(b) The Nile.
(c) A bed.
(d) A ditch.
4. With whom has Antony's most recent deserter been discovered in Act 4, Scene 5?
5. Who is speaking in Act 4, Scene 11?
6. What does Antony call Eros after the latter's suicide?
(a) Much better the man.
(b) Twice the fool.
(c) Thrice-nobler than he.
(d) Cleopatra's shadow.
7. Of whom does Cleopatra report dreaming in Act 5, Scene 2?
(c) Emperor Antony.
(d) A god.
8. Whom does Cleopatra say she and her companions shall make proud to take them?
9. What is an appropriate synonym for "appointment" as used in line 8 of Act 4, Scene 10?
10. Whom is it reported by Enobarbus that Caesar has hanged without good reason?
11. What is the "rumor" about of which the Second Soldier speaks in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The palace.
(d) The streets.
12. What decision does Antony lament to the solider who greets him in the fifth scene of the fourth act?
(a) To fight at sea.
(b) To fight at land.
(c) To challenge Caesar.
(d) To seek out Cleopatra.
13. Upon what does one of the soldiers place his hope of the battle on foot in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The navy.
(b) The heat.
(c) The horse.
(d) The sun.
14. How does the speaker in Act 4's eleventh scene say the associated army shall be?
15. How many soldiers speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Cleopatra name as her treasurer?
2. What do the soldiers resolve to do about the noise in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. What does Antony call the work of a soldier in war?
4. Caesar says that the news of Antony's death is tidings enough to wash the eyes of whom?
5. Where does Antony position his foot soldiers before the second day of battle at Alexandria?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)