|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose "case of that huge spirit now is cold" as said by Cleopatra?
(b) Her own.
2. For whom does Antony call at the end of Act 4's twelfth scene?
3. What do the soldiers resolve to do about the noise in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Listen to it.
(b) Silence it.
(c) Follow it.
(d) Ignore it.
4. What is the Greek name for "holy Phoebus" to whom Antony refers?
5. What decision does Antony lament to the solider who greets him in the fifth scene of the fourth act?
(a) To seek out Cleopatra.
(b) To fight at land.
(c) To fight at sea.
(d) To challenge Caesar.
6. What is Caesar's will regarding Antony in Act 4, Scene 6?
(a) That he be taken alive.
(b) That he surrender.
(c) That he be killed.
(d) That he be driven to shame.
7. Upon whom does Enobarbus call to be his witness in delivering his soliloquy?
(b) A soldier.
(c) The moon.
(d) The stars.
8. Who enters the stage bleeding in Act 4, Scene 7?
9. Cleopatra says that Antony is more mad than whom for his shield?
10. How many soldiers are present in Act 4, Scene 9?
11. Who accompanies Antony at the outset of Act 4, Scene 12?
12. Upon what does one of the soldiers place his hope of the battle on foot in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The sun.
(b) The navy.
(c) The heat.
(d) The horse.
13. What do the soldiers hear after Enobarbus dies?
(d) The sea.
14. To what spurned suicidal lover of Roman lore does Antony refer?
15. With what does Cleopatra kill herself?
(a) A dagger.
(d) A spear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose of Caesar's does Antony insist alone is worthy of trust?
2. How many soldiers speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. Who does Antony demand bring his armor in Act 4, Scene 4?
4. How is the army of Caesar preparing for the second day of battle at Alexandria?
5. What has Antony's fleet done at Alexandria?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)