|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Antony tell Eros he has made the wars with Caesar?
2. What does Enobarbus throw against the "flint and hardness" of his fault, figuratively speaking?
(a) His soul.
(b) His heart.
(c) His life.
(d) His will.
3. Where does Enobarbus seek to die?
(a) The Nile.
(b) A ship.
(c) A bed.
(d) A ditch.
4. Whose "case of that huge spirit now is cold" as said by Cleopatra?
(d) Her own.
5. Of whom does Cleopatra report dreaming in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Emperor Antony.
(d) A god.
6. What does Agrippa command his men to do in Act 4, Scene 7?
(a) Besiege the city.
7. Whom does Cleopatra say she and her companions shall make proud to take them?
8. Where does Caesar say Cleopatra will be buried?
(a) By Antony.
(b) In Rome.
(c) In the sea.
(d) Beneath the city.
9. What is an appropriate synonym for "appointment" as used in line 8 of Act 4, Scene 10?
10. Who brings a basket to Cleopatra?
(b) A guard.
(d) A clown.
11. Whom does Antony call a "great fairy"?
12. What noise disturbs the soldiers in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) A solitary voice singing.
13. To what spurned suicidal lover of Roman lore does Antony refer?
14. Upon what does Antony say he will look in line 9 of Act 4's tenth scene?
(a) Cleopatra's coutenance.
(b) The enemy's endeavor.
(c) His own troops' discipline.
(d) The blood of Caesar.
15. To whose "prepared nails" does Antony refer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Antony's fleet done at Alexandria?
2. Who arrives to announce Antony's death to Caesar?
3. What sort of men does Antony lament his poor fortunes have corrupted?
4. What does Antony compare to the spirit of a youth who "means to be of note," in Act 4, Scene 4?
5. Of what does Antony say Cleopatra is armorer?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)