|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times will Antony reward Scarus for his "good valor"?
2. Cleopatra says that Antony is more mad than whom for his shield?
3. Who brings a basket to Cleopatra?
(a) A clown.
(d) A guard.
4. What does Enobarbus throw against the "flint and hardness" of his fault, figuratively speaking?
(a) His will.
(b) His heart.
(c) His soul.
(d) His life.
5. How many soldiers speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
6. Of what does Antony say Cleopatra is armorer?
(a) His army.
(b) His heart.
(c) His courage.
(d) His soul.
7. Who is it revealed has deserted Antony in Act 4?
8. Whom is it reported by Enobarbus that Caesar has hanged without good reason?
9. What does Cleopatra say she will give to Scarus for his valor?
(a) A silver sword.
(b) A fertile tract of land.
(c) Golden armor.
(d) A feast for a king.
10. Who arrives to announce Antony's death to Caesar?
(d) An Egyptian.
11. Who alone does Cleopatra say is worthy to conquer Antony?
(a) A god.
12. Whose "case of that huge spirit now is cold" as said by Cleopatra?
(c) Her own.
13. What happens to Cleopatra after Antony's death, in Act 4, Scene 15?
(a) She faints.
(b) She wails uncontrollably.
(c) She sits motionless.
(d) She dies.
14. To where does Cleopatra go after Antony departs to battle near the city of Alexandria?
(a) The field.
(b) The desert.
(c) Her ship.
(d) Her chamber.
15. What do the soldiers hear after Enobarbus dies?
(d) The sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Caesar put in the van of his attack against Antony at Alexandria?
2. What noise disturbs the soldiers in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. For what does Antony tell Eros he has made the wars with Caesar?
4. What does Caesar say the world shall bear freely if the battle of Alexandria goes well?
5. Of what does Caesar say the death of Antony should have made a greater?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)