|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an appropriate synonym for "appointment" as used in line 8 of Act 4, Scene 10?
2. Where does Caesar say Cleopatra will be buried?
(a) By Antony.
(b) In Rome.
(c) In the sea.
(d) Beneath the city.
3. Where does Cleopatra go in Act 4, Scene 13?
(a) The monument.
(c) Her ship.
(d) Caesar's camp.
4. Who goes to make Caesar's will regarding Antony known to the troops?
5. How does Antony kiss Cleopatra before departing for battle near Alexandria?
(a) On the cheek.
(b) On the hand.
(c) Like a husband.
(d) Like a soldier.
6. Whose "case of that huge spirit now is cold" as said by Cleopatra?
(c) Her own.
7. For what does Antony tell Eros he has made the wars with Caesar?
8. How many lines are there in Act 4, Scene 11?
9. Of what animal of Thessaly does Cleopatra speak?
(a) The snake.
(b) The lion.
(c) The boar.
(d) The manticore.
10. What god does the Second Soldier say is leaving Antony?
11. What does Antony compare to the spirit of a youth who "means to be of note," in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) A battle fought at night.
(b) The sound of trumpets before war.
(c) The present morning.
(d) The sight of one's beloved before battle.
12. Cleopatra says that Antony is more mad than whom for his shield?
13. Who brings news to Antony that Cleopatra is not dead?
14. In whose arms does Mark Antony die?
(a) His guards'.
15. Who accompanies Antony into his camp in Act 4, Scene 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the soldiers resolve to do about the noise in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. Where does Antony position his foot soldiers before the second day of battle at Alexandria?
3. Who accompanies Antony at the outset of Act 4, Scene 12?
4. To where does Cleopatra go after Antony departs to battle near the city of Alexandria?
5. What noise disturbs the soldiers in Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)