|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings news to Antony that Cleopatra is not dead?
2. Who accompanies Antony at the outset of Act 4, Scene 12?
3. Whom does Cleopatra name as her treasurer?
4. Who arrives and claims that the enemy is beaten and his side's advantage serves for "a fair victory" in the seventh scene of the fourth act?
5. Where does Enobarbus seek to die?
(a) A ditch.
(b) A ship.
(c) The Nile.
(d) A bed.
6. Where does Caesar say Cleopatra will be buried?
(a) In Rome.
(b) In the sea.
(c) Beneath the city.
(d) By Antony.
7. Who accompanies Antony into his camp in Act 4, Scene 5?
8. Who goes to make Caesar's will regarding Antony known to the troops?
9. To where do the soldiers carry Enobarbus's body?
(a) The court of guard.
(b) Caesar's ship.
(c) The walls of Alexandria.
(d) Caesar's tent.
10. What does Cleopatra tell her messenger to report as her last word to Antony?
11. What do the soldiers resolve to do about the noise in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Ignore it.
(b) Follow it.
(c) Silence it.
(d) Listen to it.
12. What is the Greek name for "holy Phoebus" to whom Antony refers?
13. What does Antony call the work of a soldier in war?
(a) The royal occupation.
(b) The great test.
(c) A daily labor.
(d) A gruesome drudergy.
14. Whom does Caesar put in the van of his attack against Antony at Alexandria?
(a) Caesar's best fighters.
(b) Antony's deserters.
(d) Pompey's fighters.
15. Of what animal of Thessaly does Cleopatra speak?
(a) The lion.
(b) The boar.
(c) The manticore.
(d) The snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antony call Eros after the latter's suicide?
2. Whose "case of that huge spirit now is cold" as said by Cleopatra?
3. What has Antony's fleet done at Alexandria?
4. What does Agrippa command his men to do in Act 4, Scene 7?
5. Whom does Antony call a "great fairy"?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)