|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Caesar says that the news of Antony's death is tidings enough to wash the eyes of whom?
2. What has Antony's fleet done at Alexandria?
(b) Gained victory.
(c) Been distroyed.
3. For what does Antony tell Eros he has made the wars with Caesar?
4. What is an appropriate synonym for "appointment" as used in line 8 of Act 4, Scene 10?
5. What is the "rumor" about of which the Second Soldier speaks in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The palace.
(c) The streets.
6. To where does the speaker in Act 4, Scene 11, say the speaker and company must go?
(a) To the hills.
(b) To the galleys.
(c) To the vales.
(d) To Alexandria.
7. Who accompanies Antony into his camp in Act 4, Scene 5?
8. With what does Cleopatra kill herself?
(a) A spear.
(d) A dagger.
9. Where does Antony position his foot soldiers before the second day of battle at Alexandria?
(a) On the plain.
(b) On the hills.
(c) Near the sea.
(d) In the valley.
10. Whose hand does Antony clasp in Act 4, Scene 8?
11. What does Enobarbus throw against the "flint and hardness" of his fault, figuratively speaking?
(a) His soul.
(b) His heart.
(c) His life.
(d) His will.
12. Upon whom does Enobarbus call to be his witness in delivering his soliloquy?
(a) The stars.
(b) The moon.
(d) A soldier.
13. To where does Cleopatra go after Antony departs to battle near the city of Alexandria?
(a) The desert.
(b) Her chamber.
(c) Her ship.
(d) The field.
14. How does Antony kiss Cleopatra before departing for battle near Alexandria?
(a) On the hand.
(b) Like a soldier.
(c) On the cheek.
(d) Like a husband.
15. From next to where does Antony go to discover the outcome of the sea-battle at Alexandria?
(a) The hill.
(b) The coast.
(c) The vale.
(d) The pine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antony foreshadow by telling Eros that they must sleep, after Mardian delivers news of Cleopatra's death?
2. What do the soldiers resolve to do about the noise in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. How many times will Antony reward Scarus for his "good valor"?
4. With whom has Antony's most recent deserter been discovered in Act 4, Scene 5?
5. Who is it revealed has deserted Antony in Act 4?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)