|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings a basket to Cleopatra?
(b) A clown.
(d) A guard.
2. To where does Cleopatra go after Antony departs to battle near the city of Alexandria?
(a) The desert.
(b) The field.
(c) Her chamber.
(d) Her ship.
3. Who accompanies Cleopatra to her destination in Act 4, Scene 13?
4. Where does Enobarbus seek to die?
(a) A ditch.
(b) The Nile.
(c) A ship.
(d) A bed.
5. Who arrives and claims that the enemy is beaten and his side's advantage serves for "a fair victory" in the seventh scene of the fourth act?
6. What is Caesar's will regarding Antony in Act 4, Scene 6?
(a) That he be driven to shame.
(b) That he surrender.
(c) That he be taken alive.
(d) That he be killed.
7. What is an appropriate synonym for "appointment" as used in line 8 of Act 4, Scene 10?
8. Upon what does Antony say he will look in line 9 of Act 4's tenth scene?
(a) His own troops' discipline.
(b) The blood of Caesar.
(c) Cleopatra's coutenance.
(d) The enemy's endeavor.
9. In whose arms does Mark Antony die?
(b) His guards'.
10. What does Antony call Eros after the latter's suicide?
(a) Twice the fool.
(b) Thrice-nobler than he.
(c) Much better the man.
(d) Cleopatra's shadow.
11. Whom does Cleopatra say she and her companions shall make proud to take them?
12. Whom does Cleopatra name as her treasurer?
13. What does Antony compare to the spirit of a youth who "means to be of note," in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) The present morning.
(b) The sound of trumpets before war.
(c) The sight of one's beloved before battle.
(d) A battle fought at night.
14. What is the Greek name for "holy Phoebus" to whom Antony refers?
15. What does Antony say his men have all proved themselves in Act 4, Scene 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleopatra say she will give to Scarus for his valor?
2. Who arrives to announce Antony's death to Caesar?
3. Cleopatra says that Antony is more mad than whom for his shield?
4. From next to where does Antony go to discover the outcome of the sea-battle at Alexandria?
5. Whom is it reported by Enobarbus that Caesar has hanged without good reason?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)