|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cleopatra tell her messenger to report as her last word to Antony?
2. How many soldiers speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. Whom does Cleopatra send to Antony with false report of her death?
4. From next to where does Antony go to discover the outcome of the sea-battle at Alexandria?
(a) The pine.
(b) The hill.
(c) The coast.
(d) The vale.
5. Whose hand does Antony clasp in Act 4, Scene 8?
6. Who is it revealed has deserted Antony in Act 4?
7. Upon what does one of the soldiers place his hope of the battle on foot in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The horse.
(b) The sun.
(c) The heat.
(d) The navy.
8. What does Antony foreshadow by telling Eros that they must sleep, after Mardian delivers news of Cleopatra's death?
(a) Their death.
(b) Cleopatra's last betrayal.
(c) Their surrender.
(d) Their defeat.
9. Of what does Caesar say the death of Antony should have made a greater?
10. How many lines are there in Act 4, Scene 11?
11. Whom does Antony believe responsible for the actions of his fleet?
12. How is the army of Caesar preparing for the second day of battle at Alexandria?
(a) With fire.
(b) By sea.
(c) By river.
(d) By land.
13. What does Antony call the work of a soldier in war?
(a) A daily labor.
(b) The great test.
(c) The royal occupation.
(d) A gruesome drudergy.
14. For whom does Antony call at the end of Act 4's twelfth scene?
15. What does Antony call Eros after the latter's suicide?
(a) Thrice-nobler than he.
(b) Much better the man.
(c) Cleopatra's shadow.
(d) Twice the fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Antony into his camp in Act 4, Scene 5?
2. What decision does Antony lament to the solider who greets him in the fifth scene of the fourth act?
3. What does Antony say his men have all proved themselves in Act 4, Scene 8?
4. Where does Caesar say Cleopatra will be buried?
5. What does Caesar say the world shall bear freely if the battle of Alexandria goes well?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)