|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Enobarbus speak in the first part of Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Which of the following accompanies Pompey at his house?
3. Where does Caesar say that Pompey resides in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is the name of the man who accompanies Caesar in Act 3, Scene 8?
5. Who brings a message from Antony to Cleopatra at the end of the first act?
6. What does Antony hope to see the enemy numbers of by placing his squadrons on "yond side o' the hill"?
(c) Siege weapons.
7. To whom does Enobarbus attribute all the fault of the defeat in battle at Actium?
(d) Mark Antony.
8. To whom does Caesar compare Octavia's return to Rome?
(a) A queen.
(b) A corpse.
(c) A market-maid.
(d) A thief.
9. Where is Pompey's house that serves as the setting for the beginning of Act 2?
10. How does Cleopatra intend to act on the occasion that Antony is sad in Act 1, Scene 3?
11. At whose house does Act 2, Scene 2 unfold?
12. What does Enobarbus say is the cause of the "odd tricks" shot out of Antony's mind?
13. What is the status of the man Antony sends as an ambassador to Caesar after Actium?
(a) A herald.
(b) A provincial governor.
(c) A king.
(d) A schoolmaster.
14. How many days does Lepidus say Mecaenas and Agrippa will gain on him?
15. What does Antony say was tied to Cleopatra's rudder "by the strings"?
(a) His soul.
(c) His ship.
(d) His heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Caesar reward his army in the beginning of Act 4?
2. What does Antony say he will possibly bathe in the "blood / Shall make it live again" in the second scene of the fourth act?
3. In what location does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
4. To where does Antony send Ventidius in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Upon whose trencher does Antony say he found Cleopatra as a "cold morsel"?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)