|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of "dolorous" as used by Antony in line 39 of Act 4, Scene 2?
2. With what weapon does Cleopatra threaten the messenger from Italy?
(a) A sword.
(b) A whip.
(c) A spear.
(d) A knife.
3. To where does Antony decide he must go in the beginning of the play?
4. In what location does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
5. How many days does Lepidus say Mecaenas and Agrippa will gain on him?
6. When does Caesar say he will attack after receiving Antony's challenge?
(b) Next week.
7. Where does Antony, through Euphornius, request to live if Egypt is denied to him by Caesar?
8. How does Caesar respond to Antony's challenge?
(a) With timidity.
(b) With anger.
(c) With laughter.
(d) With fear.
9. How does Cleopatra intend to act on the occasion that Antony is sad in Act 1, Scene 3?
10. With whom does Caesar exchange speech in Act 4, Scene 1?
11. What is the name of Mark Antony's wife?
12. Whom does Caesar send to win Cleopatra from Antony?
13. Who does Cleopatra want to send to find Antony in Act 1, Scene 3?
14. What is the name of the man who accompanies Caesar in Act 3, Scene 8?
15. Where is Pompey's house that serves as the setting for the beginning of Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Antony told concerning his wife in the play's second scene?
2. What does Antony, in Act 4, Scene 2's terminal line, say he and his fellows ought to drown?
3. To whom does Caesar compare Octavia's return to Rome?
4. Pompey tells Menas in Act 2, Scene 7, that his honor leads his what?
5. To whom does Enobarbus attribute all the fault of the defeat in battle at Actium?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)