|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does Antony's odd trick in speaking to his servants produce on the servants?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They weep.
(c) They quail.
(d) They flee.
2. In Act 3, Scene 5, who delivers news to Enobarbus?
3. Whose body is borne before the triumphant victor in Parthia?
(d) Marcus Crassus.
4. Towards where do the ships of the defeated flee?
5. To where does Antony send Ventidius in Act 2, Scene 3?
6. It is reported in Act 3, Scene 5, that Caesar has arrested whom?
7. What is the meaning of "dolorous" as used by Antony in line 39 of Act 4, Scene 2?
8. Where is Antony reported as being, by Caesar, in Act 3, Scene 6?
9. How does Cleopatra intend to act on the occasion that Antony is sad in Act 1, Scene 3?
10. In what isle was Sextus Pompeius "spoil'd" by the account of Caesar?
11. When asked by Cleopatra "what shall we do?" in Act 3, Scene 13, what does Enobarbus reply?
(a) Live for now, and soon, die.
(b) Think, and die.
(c) Sleep, and die.
(d) Fight, and live.
12. What is Cleopatra's initial fear when a messenger arrives from Italy in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Pompey's victory.
(b) Antony's ailing.
(c) Antony's death.
(d) Antony's marriage.
13. What does Cleopatra imagine Antony calls her at the end of the first act?
(a) "My gem of Egypt."
(b) "A blot on my conscience."
(c) "My serpent of 'old Nile'."
(d) "The deadly basilisk."
14. Which of the following does Antony NOT command his men to do after his defeat at Actium?
(b) Kill him.
(c) Take his gold.
(d) Make peace with Caesar.
15. What game do Cleopatra and Mardian almost play to pass the time while she waits to hear of Antony?
(c) A game of cards.
(d) A word game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose flight has given example to the rest of the men on the losing side?
2. To where does Antony decide he must go in the beginning of the play?
3. What does Antony, in Act 4, Scene 2's terminal line, say he and his fellows ought to drown?
4. The Soothsayer tells Antony he ought to go where?
5. Who is with Caesar in his home in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)