|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Canidius, where did Caesar fight Pompey?
(c) The Alps.
2. How does Caesar respond to Antony's challenge?
(a) With timidity.
(b) With laughter.
(c) With fear.
(d) With anger.
3. Where does Antony, through Euphornius, request to live if Egypt is denied to him by Caesar?
4. How does Antony have Thyreus's punished?
(a) By mutilating his lips.
(b) By castration.
(c) By whipping.
(d) By hanging.
5. With what weapon does Cleopatra threaten the messenger from Italy?
(a) A knife.
(b) A spear.
(c) A sword.
(d) A whip.
6. Who accompanies Pompey to the meeting with the triumvirs?
7. Upon whose trencher does Antony say he found Cleopatra as a "cold morsel"?
(a) Dead Caesar's.
(c) Living Caesar's.
8. With whom does Caesar exchange speech in Act 4, Scene 1?
9. Who brings news to Pompey that Mark Antony is returning to Rome?
10. From how many messengers does Antony receive news in Act 1, Scene 2?
11. Of what is Antony told concerning his wife in the play's second scene?
(a) Her re-marriage.
(b) Her death.
(c) Her giving birth.
(d) Her coming to him.
12. How many days does Lepidus say Mecaenas and Agrippa will gain on him?
13. How does Cleopatra intend to act on the occasion that Antony is sad in Act 1, Scene 3?
14. Whom does Alexas use as an example in saying that no one would dare not look on Cleopatra when she is ill-pleased?
(a) Rameses II.
(b) Julius Caesar.
(c) Octavius Caesar.
(d) Herod of Jewry.
15. What animal does Antony jokingly describe for the drunken Lepidus?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) A serpent.
(c) A basilisk.
(d) A scorpion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who emerges triumphant in Parthia?
2. To whom does Enorbarbus predict Antony will be faithful?
3. Whom does Caesar send to win Cleopatra from Antony?
4. To whom does Caesar compare Octavia's return to Rome?
5. Who brings a message from Antony to Cleopatra at the end of the first act?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)