Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antony says he will make who (or what) love him the next time he fights in Act 3, Scene 13?
2. What is the name of the man who accompanies Caesar in Act 3, Scene 8?
3. To where does Antony decide he must go in the beginning of the play?
4. Pompey tells Menas in Act 2, Scene 7, that his honor leads his what?
5. What does Cleopatra imagine Antony calls her at the end of the first act?
(a) "A blot on my conscience."
(b) "My gem of Egypt."
(c) "My serpent of 'old Nile'."
(d) "The deadly basilisk."
6. At whose house does Act 2, Scene 2 unfold?
7. Whose body is borne before the triumphant victor in Parthia?
(b) Marcus Crassus.
8. How many days does Lepidus say Mecaenas and Agrippa will gain on him?
9. What does Antony hope to see the enemy numbers of by placing his squadrons on "yond side o' the hill"?
(c) Siege weapons.
10. Who emerges triumphant in Parthia?
(b) Marcus Crassus.
11. In what field of battle does Antony proclaim he will engage Caesar in Act 3, Scene 7?
(d) The sea.
12. What is the "Tiber" to which Antony refers at the beginning of the play?
(a) A region.
(b) A river.
(c) A mountain range.
(d) The underworld.
13. What, according to Enobarbus, ails Lepidus after the meeting with Pompey?
(b) The green sickness.
(c) A rheumatism.
(d) A broken heart.
14. What of Cleopatra's does Antony say repays him for the loss at Actium?
(a) A victory.
(b) Her death.
(c) A flagon of wine.
(d) A kiss.
15. What is the meaning of "dolorous" as used by Antony in line 39 of Act 4, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Enobarbus attribute all the fault of the defeat in battle at Actium?
2. What, in the play's beginning, is the "tawny front" upon which Antony has turned his view?
3. Who does Cleopatra want to send to find Antony in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. How does the messenger report the voice of Octavia to Cleopatra?
5. According to Canidius, where did Caesar fight Pompey?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)