|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mark Antony's wife?
2. With what does Caesar reward his army in the beginning of Act 4?
(d) A feast.
3. Who accompanies Pompey to the meeting with the triumvirs?
4. Whom does Cleopatra send to report on the features of Octavia?
5. What is the meaning of "dolorous" as used by Antony in line 39 of Act 4, Scene 2?
6. What does Cleopatra imagine Antony calls her at the end of the first act?
(a) "The deadly basilisk."
(b) "My serpent of 'old Nile'."
(c) "A blot on my conscience."
(d) "My gem of Egypt."
7. Who does Antony say is approaching the ports of Rome in the play's first act?
(c) Sextus Pompeius.
8. Who brings a message from Antony to Cleopatra at the end of the first act?
9. How many days does Lepidus say Mecaenas and Agrippa will gain on him?
10. To whom does Enobarbus attribute all the fault of the defeat in battle at Actium?
(c) Mark Antony.
11. Who is Bacchus, as referenced in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) The God of Wine.
(b) The God of Dancing.
(c) Cleopatra's Minister.
(d) Ptolemy's assistant.
12. Whose body is borne before the triumphant victor in Parthia?
(d) Marcus Crassus.
13. What location is reported as being taken by Caesar in Act 3, Scene 7?
14. In what isle was Sextus Pompeius "spoil'd" by the account of Caesar?
15. Who does Caesar say thrives in the idleness of the triumvirs?
Short Answer Questions
1. From how many messengers does Antony receive news in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. How does Caesar respond to Antony's challenge?
3. Where does Caesar say that Pompey resides in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. The Soothsayer tells Antony he ought to go where?
5. Who does Canidius say he will follow now that the battle of Actium is over?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)