|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Antony told concerning his wife in the play's second scene?
(a) Her giving birth.
(b) Her death.
(c) Her coming to him.
(d) Her re-marriage.
2. Towards where do the ships of the defeated flee?
3. When asked by Cleopatra "what shall we do?" in Act 3, Scene 13, what does Enobarbus reply?
(a) Fight, and live.
(b) Think, and die.
(c) Live for now, and soon, die.
(d) Sleep, and die.
4. What, in the play's beginning, is the "tawny front" upon which Antony has turned his view?
5. The Soothsayer tells Antony he ought to go where?
6. Who does Antony say is approaching the ports of Rome in the play's first act?
(a) Sextus Pompeius.
7. Who is with Caesar in his home in Act 1, Scene 4?
(c) Sextus Pompeius.
8. Where does Antony, through Euphornius, request to live if Egypt is denied to him by Caesar?
9. Whose body is borne before the triumphant victor in Parthia?
(c) Marcus Crassus.
10. How does Cleopatra intend to act on the occasion that Antony is sad in Act 1, Scene 3?
11. Who is Bacchus, as referenced in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) The God of Wine.
(b) Ptolemy's assistant.
(c) Cleopatra's Minister.
(d) The God of Dancing.
12. What is the "Tiber" to which Antony refers at the beginning of the play?
(a) A mountain range.
(b) The underworld.
(c) A river.
(d) A region.
13. What is the status of the man Antony sends as an ambassador to Caesar after Actium?
(a) A king.
(b) A schoolmaster.
(c) A herald.
(d) A provincial governor.
14. To whom is it proposed that Antony be married?
15. Who accompanies Pompey to the meeting with the triumvirs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Cleopatra send to report on the features of Octavia?
2. To whom does Caesar compare Octavia's return to Rome?
3. In what location does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
4. What does Antony hope to see the enemy numbers of by placing his squadrons on "yond side o' the hill"?
5. What does Antony, in Act 4, Scene 2's terminal line, say he and his fellows ought to drown?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)