|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Antony report has made new wars against Pompey?
2. What, in the play's beginning, is the "tawny front" upon which Antony has turned his view?
3. Who does Caesar say thrives in the idleness of the triumvirs?
4. Who accompanies Pompey to the meeting with the triumvirs?
5. With whom does Caesar exchange speech in Act 4, Scene 1?
6. To whom does Enobarbus speak in the first part of Act 3, Scene 2?
7. Where does Caesar say that Pompey resides in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. What action of Thyreus's inspires Mark Antony to have him punished?
(a) Holding Cleopatra's hand.
(b) Insulting Mark Antony.
(c) Kissing Cleopatra's hand.
(d) Bring Cleopatra a letter.
9. In Act 3, Scene 5, who delivers news to Enobarbus?
10. What is the name of the lieutenant of Caesar, who leads his land army?
11. With what does Caesar reward his army in the beginning of Act 4?
(d) A feast.
12. What effect does Antony's odd trick in speaking to his servants produce on the servants?
(a) They flee.
(b) They weep.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They quail.
13. When does Caesar say he will attack after receiving Antony's challenge?
(a) Next week.
14. Whose presence does Enorbarbus say must puzzle Antony?
(b) His own.
15. About what age does the messenger report his guessing of Octavia's age to Cleopatra?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pompey tells Menas in Act 2, Scene 7, that his honor leads his what?
2. Towards where do the ships of the defeated flee?
3. Against what does Caesar warn Antony in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. How does Antony have Thyreus's punished?
5. Which of the following accompanies Pompey at his house?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)