|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Caesar send to win Cleopatra from Antony?
2. To whom does Enorbarbus predict Antony will be faithful?
3. From how many messengers does Antony receive news in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. For what reason does Caesar claim he arrested Lepidus?
(a) Lepidus's envy.
(b) Lepidus's greed.
(c) Lepidus's cruelty.
(d) Lepidus's suspicious behavior.
5. Where does Antony, through Euphornius, request to live if Egypt is denied to him by Caesar?
6. At whose house does Act 2, Scene 2 unfold?
7. What effect does Antony's odd trick in speaking to his servants produce on the servants?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They flee.
(c) They quail.
(d) They weep.
8. Upon whose trencher does Antony say he found Cleopatra as a "cold morsel"?
(a) Dead Caesar's.
(d) Living Caesar's.
9. Who does Caesar say thrives in the idleness of the triumvirs?
10. Whose presence does Enorbarbus say must puzzle Antony?
(d) His own.
11. Against what does Caesar warn Antony in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Reckless violence.
(b) Imperial ambition.
(c) Loving too dearly.
12. Who emerges triumphant in Parthia?
(c) Marcus Crassus.
13. What game do Cleopatra and Mardian almost play to pass the time while she waits to hear of Antony?
(a) A game of cards.
(d) A word game.
14. Whose body is borne before the triumphant victor in Parthia?
(b) Marcus Crassus.
15. Who is Bacchus, as referenced in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) The God of Dancing.
(b) Cleopatra's Minister.
(c) The God of Wine.
(d) Ptolemy's assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the status of the man Antony sends as an ambassador to Caesar after Actium?
2. Towards where do the ships of the defeated flee?
3. How many times "of better fortune" does Enobarbus say that Caesar is, in comparison to Antony?
4. How does the messenger report the voice of Octavia to Cleopatra?
5. What, according to Enobarbus, ails Lepidus after the meeting with Pompey?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)