|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Caesar say thrives in the idleness of the triumvirs?
2. In what field of battle does Antony proclaim he will engage Caesar in Act 3, Scene 7?
(d) The sea.
3. To whom does Enobarbus speak in the first part of Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Who is Bacchus, as referenced in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Cleopatra's Minister.
(b) The God of Wine.
(c) The God of Dancing.
(d) Ptolemy's assistant.
5. Where is Pompey's house that serves as the setting for the beginning of Act 2?
6. Whose flight has given example to the rest of the men on the losing side?
7. Who emerges triumphant in Parthia?
(d) Marcus Crassus.
8. Whose ship hoists its sail and flies, "like a cow in June"?
9. In what isle was Sextus Pompeius "spoil'd" by the account of Caesar?
10. How many times "of better fortune" does Enobarbus say that Caesar is, in comparison to Antony?
(b) A hundred.
11. What, according to Enobarbus, ails Lepidus after the meeting with Pompey?
(a) The green sickness.
(b) A rheumatism.
(d) A broken heart.
12. What does Enobarbus say is the cause of the "odd tricks" shot out of Antony's mind?
13. Who brings a message from Antony to Cleopatra at the end of the first act?
14. Who is with Caesar in his home in Act 1, Scene 4?
(d) Sextus Pompeius.
15. The Soothsayer tells Antony he ought to go where?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antony hope to see the enemy numbers of by placing his squadrons on "yond side o' the hill"?
2. With what does Caesar reward his army in the beginning of Act 4?
3. Where does Antony, through Euphornius, request to live if Egypt is denied to him by Caesar?
4. To what does Antony challenge Caesar in his letter, read at the beginning of Act 4?
5. When asked by Cleopatra "what shall we do?" in Act 3, Scene 13, what does Enobarbus reply?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)