|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caesar respond to Antony's challenge?
(a) With timidity.
(b) With laughter.
(c) With fear.
(d) With anger.
2. To whom does the triumphant victor in the first scene of Act 3 speak?
(b) Marcus Crassus.
3. What, in the play's beginning, is the "tawny front" upon which Antony has turned his view?
4. What is Cleopatra's initial fear when a messenger arrives from Italy in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Pompey's victory.
(b) Antony's ailing.
(c) Antony's marriage.
(d) Antony's death.
5. Pompey tells Menas in Act 2, Scene 7, that his honor leads his what?
6. How does the messenger report the voice of Octavia to Cleopatra?
7. What of Cleopatra's does Antony say repays him for the loss at Actium?
(a) A kiss.
(b) Her death.
(c) A victory.
(d) A flagon of wine.
8. What, according to Enobarbus, ails Lepidus after the meeting with Pompey?
(b) A rheumatism.
(c) A broken heart.
(d) The green sickness.
9. Upon whose trencher does Antony say he found Cleopatra as a "cold morsel"?
(a) Dead Caesar's.
(c) Living Caesar's.
10. Who is sent by Antony to intervene with Caesar in an attempt to prevent civil war?
11. For what reason does Caesar claim he arrested Lepidus?
(a) Lepidus's suspicious behavior.
(b) Lepidus's envy.
(c) Lepidus's cruelty.
(d) Lepidus's greed.
12. Who does Canidius say he will follow now that the battle of Actium is over?
(a) No one.
13. Whose ship hoists its sail and flies, "like a cow in June"?
14. Where is Antony reported as being, by Caesar, in Act 3, Scene 6?
15. Where does Antony, through Euphornius, request to live if Egypt is denied to him by Caesar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pompey relates to Mark Antony the coming of whom to Sicily?
2. Who brings news to Pompey that Mark Antony is returning to Rome?
3. With what weapon does Cleopatra threaten the messenger from Italy?
4. What is the status of the man Antony sends as an ambassador to Caesar after Actium?
5. What is the name of the man who accompanies Caesar in Act 3, Scene 8?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)