|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bacchus, as referenced in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Cleopatra's Minister.
(b) The God of Dancing.
(c) Ptolemy's assistant.
(d) The God of Wine.
2. About what age does the messenger report his guessing of Octavia's age to Cleopatra?
3. What is the name of the man who accompanies Caesar in Act 3, Scene 8?
4. What effect does Antony's odd trick in speaking to his servants produce on the servants?
(a) They quail.
(b) They flee.
(c) They weep.
(d) They laugh.
5. For what reason does Caesar claim he arrested Lepidus?
(a) Lepidus's envy.
(b) Lepidus's cruelty.
(c) Lepidus's greed.
(d) Lepidus's suspicious behavior.
6. Who does Caesar say thrives in the idleness of the triumvirs?
7. What is Cleopatra's initial fear when a messenger arrives from Italy in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Antony's ailing.
(b) Antony's death.
(c) Pompey's victory.
(d) Antony's marriage.
8. Which of the following accompanies Pompey at his house?
9. To whom does Enobarbus attribute all the fault of the defeat in battle at Actium?
(a) Mark Antony.
10. How many times "of better fortune" does Enobarbus say that Caesar is, in comparison to Antony?
(b) A hundred.
11. Who does Canidius say he will follow now that the battle of Actium is over?
(d) No one.
12. How does Antony have Thyreus's punished?
(a) By whipping.
(b) By mutilating his lips.
(c) By hanging.
(d) By castration.
13. Where is Antony reported as being, by Caesar, in Act 3, Scene 6?
14. Whom does Cleopatra send to report on the features of Octavia?
15. Antony says he will make who (or what) love him the next time he fights in Act 3, Scene 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pompey's house that serves as the setting for the beginning of Act 2?
2. What, according to Enobarbus, ails Lepidus after the meeting with Pompey?
3. Towards where do the ships of the defeated flee?
4. What is the meaning of "dolorous" as used by Antony in line 39 of Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What does Cleopatra insist Charmian give her to drink at the last scene of Act 1?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)