|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whose house does Act 2, Scene 2 unfold?
2. What animal does Antony jokingly describe for the drunken Lepidus?
(a) A basilisk.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A serpent.
(d) A crocodile.
3. For what reason does Caesar claim he arrested Lepidus?
(a) Lepidus's suspicious behavior.
(b) Lepidus's envy.
(c) Lepidus's cruelty.
(d) Lepidus's greed.
4. In what isle was Sextus Pompeius "spoil'd" by the account of Caesar?
5. What is the name of the lieutenant of Caesar, who leads his land army?
6. Where does Caesar say that Pompey resides in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What of Cleopatra's does Antony say repays him for the loss at Actium?
(a) A flagon of wine.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A victory.
(d) Her death.
8. To where does Antony send Ventidius in Act 2, Scene 3?
9. With whom does Caesar exchange speech in Act 4, Scene 1?
10. Who is with Caesar in his home in Act 1, Scene 4?
(c) Sextus Pompeius.
11. Pompey tells Menas in Act 2, Scene 7, that his honor leads his what?
12. Whose ship hoists its sail and flies, "like a cow in June"?
13. How many days does Lepidus say Mecaenas and Agrippa will gain on him?
14. To whom does the triumphant victor in the first scene of Act 3 speak?
(a) Marcus Crassus.
15. What does Cleopatra insist Charmian give her to drink at the last scene of Act 1?
(d) Poisoned grape juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Enorbarbus predict Antony will be faithful?
2. Where does Antony, through Euphornius, request to live if Egypt is denied to him by Caesar?
3. Whom does Caesar send to win Cleopatra from Antony?
4. To where does Antony decide he must go in the beginning of the play?
5. Who does Canidius say he will follow now that the battle of Actium is over?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)