|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antony says he will make who (or what) love him the next time he fights in Act 3, Scene 13?
2. To what does Antony challenge Caesar in his letter, read at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) A duel.
(b) A debate.
(c) A game of wits.
(d) A battle.
3. What, according to Enobarbus, ails Lepidus after the meeting with Pompey?
(a) A broken heart.
(c) A rheumatism.
(d) The green sickness.
4. To whom does the triumphant victor in the first scene of Act 3 speak?
(b) Marcus Crassus.
5. About what age does the messenger report his guessing of Octavia's age to Cleopatra?
6. What does Antony, in Act 4, Scene 2's terminal line, say he and his fellows ought to drown?
7. Upon whose trencher does Antony say he found Cleopatra as a "cold morsel"?
(a) Dead Caesar's.
(c) Living Caesar's.
8. How does Antony have Thyreus's punished?
(a) By castration.
(b) By hanging.
(c) By mutilating his lips.
(d) By whipping.
9. From how many messengers does Antony receive news in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. Towards where do the ships of the defeated flee?
11. Of what is Antony told concerning his wife in the play's second scene?
(a) Her re-marriage.
(b) Her death.
(c) Her coming to him.
(d) Her giving birth.
12. What, in the play's beginning, is the "tawny front" upon which Antony has turned his view?
13. In what isle was Sextus Pompeius "spoil'd" by the account of Caesar?
14. What does Enobarbus say is the cause of the "odd tricks" shot out of Antony's mind?
15. In what field of battle does Antony proclaim he will engage Caesar in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) The sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. When asked by Cleopatra "what shall we do?" in Act 3, Scene 13, what does Enobarbus reply?
2. Who is Bacchus, as referenced in Act 2, Scene 7?
3. Who brings a message from Antony to Cleopatra at the end of the first act?
4. Pompey tells Menas in Act 2, Scene 7, that his honor leads his what?
5. What does Antony's betrothed say she shall do when Antony is about the world?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)