|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who accompanies Caesar in Act 3, Scene 8?
2. Where does Antony, through Euphornius, request to live if Egypt is denied to him by Caesar?
3. In what field of battle does Antony proclaim he will engage Caesar in Act 3, Scene 7?
(b) The sea.
4. What is the name of Mark Antony's wife?
5. What effect does Antony's odd trick in speaking to his servants produce on the servants?
(a) They weep.
(b) They flee.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They quail.
6. Where is Pompey's house that serves as the setting for the beginning of Act 2?
7. What is the "Tiber" to which Antony refers at the beginning of the play?
(a) A river.
(b) The underworld.
(c) A region.
(d) A mountain range.
8. To whom is it proposed that Antony be married?
9. Towards where do the ships of the defeated flee?
10. When does Caesar say he will attack after receiving Antony's challenge?
(d) Next week.
11. What location is reported as being taken by Caesar in Act 3, Scene 7?
12. How does Cleopatra intend to act on the occasion that Antony is sad in Act 1, Scene 3?
13. How does the messenger report the voice of Octavia to Cleopatra?
14. Of what is Antony told concerning his wife in the play's second scene?
(a) Her coming to him.
(b) Her giving birth.
(c) Her re-marriage.
(d) Her death.
15. Who does Canidius say he will follow now that the battle of Actium is over?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose ship hoists its sail and flies, "like a cow in June"?
2. To where does Antony decide he must go in the beginning of the play?
3. Who does Cleopatra want to send to find Antony in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Where does Caesar say that Pompey resides in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Which of the following does Antony NOT command his men to do after his defeat at Actium?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)