|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Pompey to the meeting with the triumvirs?
2. Whose flight has given example to the rest of the men on the losing side?
3. What does Cleopatra imagine Antony calls her at the end of the first act?
(a) "The deadly basilisk."
(b) "My gem of Egypt."
(c) "A blot on my conscience."
(d) "My serpent of 'old Nile'."
4. To whom is it proposed that Antony be married?
5. What does Antony say was tied to Cleopatra's rudder "by the strings"?
(a) His soul.
(c) His heart.
(d) His ship.
6. In praising Antony, Cleopatra says in Act 2, Scene 5, she has dispraised whom?
7. Whom does Caesar send to win Cleopatra from Antony?
8. Upon whose trencher does Antony say he found Cleopatra as a "cold morsel"?
(b) Living Caesar's.
(c) Dead Caesar's.
9. About what age does the messenger report his guessing of Octavia's age to Cleopatra?
10. With whom does Caesar exchange speech in Act 4, Scene 1?
11. What, according to Enobarbus, ails Lepidus after the meeting with Pompey?
(a) A broken heart.
(b) A rheumatism.
(d) The green sickness.
12. To whom does Caesar compare Octavia's return to Rome?
(a) A thief.
(b) A corpse.
(c) A market-maid.
(d) A queen.
13. Who does Antony report has made new wars against Pompey?
14. Where does Antony, through Euphornius, request to live if Egypt is denied to him by Caesar?
15. What is Cleopatra's initial fear when a messenger arrives from Italy in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Antony's marriage.
(b) Pompey's victory.
(c) Antony's death.
(d) Antony's ailing.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what weapon does Cleopatra threaten the messenger from Italy?
2. What is the name of the man who accompanies Caesar in Act 3, Scene 8?
3. Who is Bacchus, as referenced in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. Which of the following does Antony NOT command his men to do after his defeat at Actium?
5. Where is Pompey's house that serves as the setting for the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)