|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the status of the man Antony sends as an ambassador to Caesar after Actium?
(a) A schoolmaster.
(b) A provincial governor.
(c) A king.
(d) A herald.
2. When asked by Cleopatra "what shall we do?" in Act 3, Scene 13, what does Enobarbus reply?
(a) Sleep, and die.
(b) Fight, and live.
(c) Live for now, and soon, die.
(d) Think, and die.
3. To whom does Enobarbus attribute all the fault of the defeat in battle at Actium?
(c) Mark Antony.
4. To whom does Enorbarbus predict Antony will be faithful?
5. Pompey tells Menas in Act 2, Scene 7, that his honor leads his what?
6. What does Antony's betrothed say she shall do when Antony is about the world?
(a) Pray for him.
(b) Write to him.
(c) Think of him.
(d) Curse him.
7. About what age does the messenger report his guessing of Octavia's age to Cleopatra?
8. What is the meaning of "dolorous" as used by Antony in line 39 of Act 4, Scene 2?
9. What is Cleopatra's initial fear when a messenger arrives from Italy in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Antony's marriage.
(b) Antony's death.
(c) Antony's ailing.
(d) Pompey's victory.
10. Whom does Cleopatra send to report on the features of Octavia?
11. Pompey relates to Mark Antony the coming of whom to Sicily?
(a) Mark Antony's mother.
(b) Mark Antony's father.
12. Whose body is borne before the triumphant victor in Parthia?
(d) Marcus Crassus.
13. What, in the play's beginning, is the "tawny front" upon which Antony has turned his view?
14. The Soothsayer tells Antony he ought to go where?
15. Which of the following accompanies Pompey at his house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar's companion say indicates Antony is ready to fall in the beginning of the fourth act?
2. What does Antony say was tied to Cleopatra's rudder "by the strings"?
3. To what does Antony challenge Caesar in his letter, read at the beginning of Act 4?
4. How many times "of better fortune" does Enobarbus say that Caesar is, in comparison to Antony?
5. Whose flight has given example to the rest of the men on the losing side?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)