|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Antony jokingly describe for the drunken Lepidus?
(a) A basilisk.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A serpent.
(d) A crocodile.
2. The Soothsayer tells Antony he ought to go where?
3. What does Antony say he will possibly bathe in the "blood / Shall make it live again" in the second scene of the fourth act?
(a) His deflated army.
(b) His wilted love.
(c) His flagging nobility.
(d) His dying honor.
4. What does Antony's betrothed say she shall do when Antony is about the world?
(a) Think of him.
(b) Pray for him.
(c) Curse him.
(d) Write to him.
5. How many times "of better fortune" does Enobarbus say that Caesar is, in comparison to Antony?
(d) A hundred.
6. How does Antony have Thyreus's punished?
(a) By castration.
(b) By hanging.
(c) By mutilating his lips.
(d) By whipping.
7. What does Cleopatra insist Charmian give her to drink at the last scene of Act 1?
(b) Poisoned grape juice.
8. Where is Pompey's house that serves as the setting for the beginning of Act 2?
9. To whom does the triumphant victor in the first scene of Act 3 speak?
(a) Marcus Crassus.
10. How does Caesar respond to Antony's challenge?
(a) With anger.
(b) With laughter.
(c) With timidity.
(d) With fear.
11. According to Canidius, where did Caesar fight Pompey?
(c) The Alps.
12. Against what does Caesar warn Antony in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Reckless violence.
(b) Loving too dearly.
(d) Imperial ambition.
13. Whom does Caesar send to win Cleopatra from Antony?
14. Towards where do the ships of the defeated flee?
15. Pompey tells Menas in Act 2, Scene 7, that his honor leads his what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What of Cleopatra's does Antony say repays him for the loss at Actium?
2. How does Cleopatra intend to act on the occasion that Antony is sad in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Who does Caesar say thrives in the idleness of the triumvirs?
4. What is the meaning of "dolorous" as used by Antony in line 39 of Act 4, Scene 2?
5. Which of the following does Antony NOT command his men to do after his defeat at Actium?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)