|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Canidius say he will follow now that the battle of Actium is over?
(c) No one.
2. Whom does Alexas use as an example in saying that no one would dare not look on Cleopatra when she is ill-pleased?
(a) Octavius Caesar.
(b) Rameses II.
(c) Julius Caesar.
(d) Herod of Jewry.
3. Who does Cleopatra want to send to find Antony in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. In what isle was Sextus Pompeius "spoil'd" by the account of Caesar?
5. Whose presence does Enorbarbus say must puzzle Antony?
(b) His own.
6. What is Cleopatra's initial fear when a messenger arrives from Italy in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Pompey's victory.
(b) Antony's ailing.
(c) Antony's death.
(d) Antony's marriage.
7. To whom does Caesar compare Octavia's return to Rome?
(a) A thief.
(b) A corpse.
(c) A market-maid.
(d) A queen.
8. What is the meaning of "dolorous" as used by Antony in line 39 of Act 4, Scene 2?
9. Who emerges triumphant in Parthia?
(d) Marcus Crassus.
10. What does Antony hope to see the enemy numbers of by placing his squadrons on "yond side o' the hill"?
(a) Siege weapons.
11. To whom does Enorbarbus predict Antony will be faithful?
12. Who accompanies Pompey to the meeting with the triumvirs?
13. What is the "Tiber" to which Antony refers at the beginning of the play?
(a) The underworld.
(b) A river.
(c) A mountain range.
(d) A region.
14. What is the status of the man Antony sends as an ambassador to Caesar after Actium?
(a) A provincial governor.
(b) A herald.
(c) A schoolmaster.
(d) A king.
15. In what field of battle does Antony proclaim he will engage Caesar in Act 3, Scene 7?
(d) The sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what location does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
2. Against what does Caesar warn Antony in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. For what reason does Caesar claim he arrested Lepidus?
4. What does Antony say was tied to Cleopatra's rudder "by the strings"?
5. Who does Caesar say thrives in the idleness of the triumvirs?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)