|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Antony jokingly describe for the drunken Lepidus?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A serpent.
(c) A basilisk.
(d) A crocodile.
2. Who does Antony report has made new wars against Pompey?
3. To whom does the triumphant victor in the first scene of Act 3 speak?
(c) Marcus Crassus.
4. In what field of battle does Antony proclaim he will engage Caesar in Act 3, Scene 7?
(c) The sea.
5. When asked by Cleopatra "what shall we do?" in Act 3, Scene 13, what does Enobarbus reply?
(a) Live for now, and soon, die.
(b) Sleep, and die.
(c) Fight, and live.
(d) Think, and die.
6. To where does Antony decide he must go in the beginning of the play?
7. What does Cleopatra imagine Antony calls her at the end of the first act?
(a) "A blot on my conscience."
(b) "My gem of Egypt."
(c) "The deadly basilisk."
(d) "My serpent of 'old Nile'."
8. Where does Antony, through Euphornius, request to live if Egypt is denied to him by Caesar?
9. Whom does Caesar send to win Cleopatra from Antony?
10. How does Antony have Thyreus's punished?
(a) By whipping.
(b) By castration.
(c) By mutilating his lips.
(d) By hanging.
11. What literally are "wassails" as used by Caesar to describe Antony's behavior?
(a) Lustful endeavors.
(c) Foreign travels.
12. Who accompanies Pompey to the meeting with the triumvirs?
13. To whom does Caesar compare Octavia's return to Rome?
(a) A corpse.
(b) A thief.
(c) A market-maid.
(d) A queen.
14. Against what does Caesar warn Antony in Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) Reckless violence.
(c) Loving too dearly.
(d) Imperial ambition.
15. What is the meaning of "dolorous" as used by Antony in line 39 of Act 4, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose presence does Enorbarbus say must puzzle Antony?
2. What does Cleopatra insist Charmian give her to drink at the last scene of Act 1?
3. Upon whose trencher does Antony say he found Cleopatra as a "cold morsel"?
4. For what reason does Caesar claim he arrested Lepidus?
5. What game do Cleopatra and Mardian almost play to pass the time while she waits to hear of Antony?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)