|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of "dolorous" as used by Antony in line 39 of Act 4, Scene 2?
2. In what field of battle does Antony proclaim he will engage Caesar in Act 3, Scene 7?
(c) The sea.
3. What game do Cleopatra and Mardian almost play to pass the time while she waits to hear of Antony?
(b) A word game.
(c) A game of cards.
4. Pompey tells Menas in Act 2, Scene 7, that his honor leads his what?
5. What is the name of Mark Antony's wife?
6. In what location does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
7. Whom does Alexas use as an example in saying that no one would dare not look on Cleopatra when she is ill-pleased?
(a) Herod of Jewry.
(b) Octavius Caesar.
(c) Rameses II.
(d) Julius Caesar.
8. Whom does Caesar send to win Cleopatra from Antony?
9. What does Caesar's companion say indicates Antony is ready to fall in the beginning of the fourth act?
(a) Antony's cowardice.
(b) Antony's flight.
(c) Antony's pride.
(d) Antony's rage.
10. To whom does the triumphant victor in the first scene of Act 3 speak?
(b) Marcus Crassus.
11. How does Antony have Thyreus's punished?
(a) By mutilating his lips.
(b) By whipping.
(c) By castration.
(d) By hanging.
12. Whose presence does Enorbarbus say must puzzle Antony?
(d) His own.
13. What does Cleopatra imagine Antony calls her at the end of the first act?
(a) "My gem of Egypt."
(b) "The deadly basilisk."
(c) "My serpent of 'old Nile'."
(d) "A blot on my conscience."
14. What literally are "wassails" as used by Caesar to describe Antony's behavior?
(a) Foreign travels.
(b) Lustful endeavors.
15. To whom does Caesar compare Octavia's return to Rome?
(a) A corpse.
(b) A thief.
(c) A queen.
(d) A market-maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antony hope to see the enemy numbers of by placing his squadrons on "yond side o' the hill"?
2. For what reason does Caesar claim he arrested Lepidus?
3. With whom does Caesar exchange speech in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Who does Antony report has made new wars against Pompey?
5. At whose house does Act 2, Scene 2 unfold?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)