|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon whose trencher does Antony say he found Cleopatra as a "cold morsel"?
(a) Living Caesar's.
(d) Dead Caesar's.
2. What, in the play's beginning, is the "tawny front" upon which Antony has turned his view?
3. How does the messenger report the voice of Octavia to Cleopatra?
4. Who brings a message from Antony to Cleopatra at the end of the first act?
5. To where does Antony decide he must go in the beginning of the play?
6. Pompey tells Menas in Act 2, Scene 7, that his honor leads his what?
7. What is the status of the man Antony sends as an ambassador to Caesar after Actium?
(a) A provincial governor.
(b) A king.
(c) A herald.
(d) A schoolmaster.
8. In Act 3, Scene 5, who delivers news to Enobarbus?
9. What animal does Antony jokingly describe for the drunken Lepidus?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) A basilisk.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A serpent.
10. What does Antony say he will possibly bathe in the "blood / Shall make it live again" in the second scene of the fourth act?
(a) His deflated army.
(b) His flagging nobility.
(c) His dying honor.
(d) His wilted love.
11. Who is with Caesar in his home in Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Sextus Pompeius.
12. How many days does Lepidus say Mecaenas and Agrippa will gain on him?
13. To what does Antony challenge Caesar in his letter, read at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) A debate.
(b) A battle.
(c) A game of wits.
(d) A duel.
14. What of Cleopatra's does Antony say repays him for the loss at Actium?
(a) A victory.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A flagon of wine.
(d) Her death.
15. In what location does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Canidius say he will follow now that the battle of Actium is over?
2. Who does Antony say is approaching the ports of Rome in the play's first act?
3. Whose ship hoists its sail and flies, "like a cow in June"?
4. Of what is Antony told concerning his wife in the play's second scene?
5. What does Cleopatra imagine Antony calls her at the end of the first act?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)