|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the status of the man Antony sends as an ambassador to Caesar after Actium?
(a) A provincial governor.
(b) A king.
(c) A schoolmaster.
(d) A herald.
2. To whom does the triumphant victor in the first scene of Act 3 speak?
(b) Marcus Crassus.
3. Antony says he will make who (or what) love him the next time he fights in Act 3, Scene 13?
4. How does Caesar respond to Antony's challenge?
(a) With fear.
(b) With laughter.
(c) With timidity.
(d) With anger.
5. To whom does Caesar compare Octavia's return to Rome?
(a) A market-maid.
(b) A corpse.
(c) A queen.
(d) A thief.
6. What location is reported as being taken by Caesar in Act 3, Scene 7?
7. What does Antony's betrothed say she shall do when Antony is about the world?
(a) Curse him.
(b) Think of him.
(c) Write to him.
(d) Pray for him.
8. Whose ship hoists its sail and flies, "like a cow in June"?
9. Where does Caesar say that Pompey resides in Act 2, Scene 2?
10. In praising Antony, Cleopatra says in Act 2, Scene 5, she has dispraised whom?
11. Who is sent by Antony to intervene with Caesar in an attempt to prevent civil war?
12. In Act 3, Scene 5, who delivers news to Enobarbus?
13. Who does Antony say is approaching the ports of Rome in the play's first act?
(a) Sextus Pompeius.
14. At whose house does Act 2, Scene 2 unfold?
15. Who does Cleopatra want to send to find Antony in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Canidius, where did Caesar fight Pompey?
2. Where does Antony, through Euphornius, request to live if Egypt is denied to him by Caesar?
3. Of what is Antony told concerning his wife in the play's second scene?
4. What effect does Antony's odd trick in speaking to his servants produce on the servants?
5. To whom does Enorbarbus predict Antony will be faithful?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)