|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lieutenant of Caesar, who leads his land army?
2. Whose ship hoists its sail and flies, "like a cow in June"?
3. In what location does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
4. What does Antony's betrothed say she shall do when Antony is about the world?
(a) Write to him.
(b) Curse him.
(c) Think of him.
(d) Pray for him.
5. To whom does the triumphant victor in the first scene of Act 3 speak?
(a) Marcus Crassus.
6. About what age does the messenger report his guessing of Octavia's age to Cleopatra?
7. Whose presence does Enorbarbus say must puzzle Antony?
(b) His own.
8. Who does Antony say is approaching the ports of Rome in the play's first act?
(b) Sextus Pompeius.
9. What does Antony say he will possibly bathe in the "blood / Shall make it live again" in the second scene of the fourth act?
(a) His flagging nobility.
(b) His dying honor.
(c) His wilted love.
(d) His deflated army.
10. Towards where do the ships of the defeated flee?
11. What of Cleopatra's does Antony say repays him for the loss at Actium?
(a) A flagon of wine.
(b) Her death.
(c) A victory.
(d) A kiss.
12. Whose body is borne before the triumphant victor in Parthia?
(b) Marcus Crassus.
13. With whom does Caesar exchange speech in Act 4, Scene 1?
14. Who is Bacchus, as referenced in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Ptolemy's assistant.
(b) The God of Wine.
(c) Cleopatra's Minister.
(d) The God of Dancing.
15. To whom is it proposed that Antony be married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Caesar say that Pompey resides in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who accompanies Pompey to the meeting with the triumvirs?
3. The Soothsayer tells Antony he ought to go where?
4. How does Caesar respond to Antony's challenge?
5. When asked by Cleopatra "what shall we do?" in Act 3, Scene 13, what does Enobarbus reply?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)