Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Antony spurn the news that has come from Rome at the play's beginning?
2. What causes Antony to experience a dramatic change at the play's beginning?
3. What characterizes the manner with which Cleopatra reacts to Antony's decisions?
4. Why does Octavius Caesar lament the absence of Mark Antony?
5. How does Cleopatra act in Antony's absence?
6. What is the meaning and significance of "a Lethe'd dulness" as Pompey uses the phrase in line 27 of Act 2, Scene 1?
7. Why is it suggested by Agrippa that Mark Antony be married to Octavia?
8. For what reason does the Soothsayer tell Antony he must go back to Egypt?
9. For what reason does Cleopatra fly into a rage in the fifth scene of the second act?
10. For what reason does Cleopatra send Alexas to Italy?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)