|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of "dolorous" as used by Antony in line 39 of Act 4, Scene 2?
2. What does Cleopatra imagine Antony calls her at the end of the first act?
(a) "My gem of Egypt."
(b) "The deadly basilisk."
(c) "My serpent of 'old Nile'."
(d) "A blot on my conscience."
3. What god does the Second Soldier say is leaving Antony?
4. Who is with Caesar in his home in Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Sextus Pompeius.
5. Who arrives and claims that the enemy is beaten and his side's advantage serves for "a fair victory" in the seventh scene of the fourth act?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antony say was tied to Cleopatra's rudder "by the strings"?
2. What of Cleopatra's does Antony say repays him for the loss at Actium?
3. In what location does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
4. Which of the following does Antony NOT command his men to do after his defeat at Actium?
5. Of what is Antony told concerning his wife in the play's second scene?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)