|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what weapon does Cleopatra threaten the messenger from Italy?
(a) A sword.
(b) A spear.
(c) A knife.
(d) A whip.
2. Who does Canidius say he will follow now that the battle of Actium is over?
(a) No one.
3. How does Antony have Thyreus's punished?
(a) By whipping.
(b) By castration.
(c) By hanging.
(d) By mutilating his lips.
4. According to Canidius, where did Caesar fight Pompey?
(b) The Alps.
5. What is the status of the man Antony sends as an ambassador to Caesar after Actium?
(a) A king.
(b) A schoolmaster.
(c) A herald.
(d) A provincial governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bacchus, as referenced in Act 2, Scene 7?
2. What location is reported as being taken by Caesar in Act 3, Scene 7?
3. Who brings a message from Antony to Cleopatra at the end of the first act?
4. Who accompanies Pompey to the meeting with the triumvirs?
5. Where is Pompey's house that serves as the setting for the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)