|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1 | Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cleopatra intend to act on the occasion that Antony is sad in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Who is Bacchus, as referenced in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Ptolemy's assistant.
(b) Cleopatra's Minister.
(c) The God of Dancing.
(d) The God of Wine.
3. Where does Caesar say that Pompey resides in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Cleopatra imagine Antony calls her at the end of the first act?
(a) "A blot on my conscience."
(b) "The deadly basilisk."
(c) "My serpent of 'old Nile'."
(d) "My gem of Egypt."
5. Whom does Cleopatra send to report on the features of Octavia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with Caesar in his home in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. To whom is it proposed that Antony be married?
3. What, in the play's beginning, is the "tawny front" upon which Antony has turned his view?
4. With what weapon does Cleopatra threaten the messenger from Italy?
5. What literally are "wassails" as used by Caesar to describe Antony's behavior?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)