|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4 | Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cleopatra imagine Antony calls her at the end of the first act?
(a) "The deadly basilisk."
(b) "A blot on my conscience."
(c) "My serpent of 'old Nile'."
(d) "My gem of Egypt."
2. Of what is Antony told concerning his wife in the play's second scene?
(a) Her re-marriage.
(b) Her giving birth.
(c) Her death.
(d) Her coming to him.
3. Who does Caesar say thrives in the idleness of the triumvirs?
4. What, in the play's beginning, is the "tawny front" upon which Antony has turned his view?
5. What literally are "wassails" as used by Caesar to describe Antony's behavior?
(a) Foreign travels.
(c) Lustful endeavors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following accompanies Pompey at his house?
2. At whose house does Act 2, Scene 2 unfold?
3. What does Cleopatra insist Charmian give her to drink at the last scene of Act 1?
4. To whom is it proposed that Antony be married?
5. Whom does Cleopatra send to report on the features of Octavia?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)