|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4 | Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is it proposed that Antony be married?
2. Who does Caesar say thrives in the idleness of the triumvirs?
3. What is Cleopatra's initial fear when a messenger arrives from Italy in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Antony's marriage.
(b) Antony's death.
(c) Pompey's victory.
(d) Antony's ailing.
4. Which of the following accompanies Pompey at his house?
5. What is the "Tiber" to which Antony refers at the beginning of the play?
(a) The underworld.
(b) A mountain range.
(c) A region.
(d) A river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Antony say is approaching the ports of Rome in the play's first act?
2. With what weapon does Cleopatra threaten the messenger from Italy?
3. Of what is Antony told concerning his wife in the play's second scene?
4. What literally are "wassails" as used by Caesar to describe Antony's behavior?
5. Who brings a message from Antony to Cleopatra at the end of the first act?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)