|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 9 | Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the messenger report the voice of Octavia to Cleopatra?
2. What game do Cleopatra and Mardian almost play to pass the time while she waits to hear of Antony?
(a) A game of cards.
(b) A word game.
3. What does Cleopatra imagine Antony calls her at the end of the first act?
(a) "A blot on my conscience."
(b) "My serpent of 'old Nile'."
(c) "The deadly basilisk."
(d) "My gem of Egypt."
4. Who brings news to Pompey that Mark Antony is returning to Rome?
5. What is the name of the man who accompanies Caesar in Act 3, Scene 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What location is reported as being taken by Caesar in Act 3, Scene 7?
2. Of what is Antony told concerning his wife in the play's second scene?
3. Who is with Caesar in his home in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What is Cleopatra's initial fear when a messenger arrives from Italy in Act 2, Scene 5?
5. Whom does Alexas use as an example in saying that no one would dare not look on Cleopatra when she is ill-pleased?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)