Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1 | Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what weapon does Cleopatra threaten the messenger from Italy?
(a) A sword.
(b) A whip.
(c) A knife.
(d) A spear.
2. Where is Pompey's house that serves as the setting for the beginning of Act 2?
3. How does Cleopatra intend to act on the occasion that Antony is sad in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What literally are "wassails" as used by Caesar to describe Antony's behavior?
(a) Foreign travels.
(c) Lustful endeavors.
5. Who is Bacchus, as referenced in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) The God of Dancing.
(b) The God of Wine.
(c) Ptolemy's assistant.
(d) Cleopatra's Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who emerges triumphant in Parthia?
2. What is the "Tiber" to which Antony refers at the beginning of the play?
3. To where does Antony decide he must go in the beginning of the play?
4. To whom does the triumphant victor in the first scene of Act 3 speak?
5. What game do Cleopatra and Mardian almost play to pass the time while she waits to hear of Antony?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)