|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of "dolorous" as used by Antony in line 39 of Act 4, Scene 2?
2. How does Cleopatra intend to act on the occasion that Antony is sad in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What effect does Antony's odd trick in speaking to his servants produce on the servants?
(a) They quail.
(b) They weep.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They flee.
4. What does Antony say he will possibly bathe in the "blood / Shall make it live again" in the second scene of the fourth act?
(a) His deflated army.
(b) His wilted love.
(c) His dying honor.
(d) His flagging nobility.
5. What does Enobarbus throw against the "flint and hardness" of his fault, figuratively speaking?
(a) His will.
(b) His soul.
(c) His heart.
(d) His life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body is borne before the triumphant victor in Parthia?
2. In Act 3, Scene 5, who delivers news to Enobarbus?
3. What may be held in the location to which the speaker and company go in Act 4, scene 11?
4. To where does Cleopatra go after Antony departs to battle near the city of Alexandria?
5. The best force of the opposition is said by the speaker of the play's shortest scene to be put where?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)