|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Antony report has made new wars against Pompey?
2. In what location does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
3. Whom does Alexas use as an example in saying that no one would dare not look on Cleopatra when she is ill-pleased?
(a) Herod of Jewry.
(b) Octavius Caesar.
(c) Rameses II.
(d) Julius Caesar.
4. Where does Antony position his foot soldiers before the second day of battle at Alexandria?
(a) On the hills.
(b) In the valley.
(c) Near the sea.
(d) On the plain.
5. How is the army of Caesar preparing for the second day of battle at Alexandria?
(a) By river.
(b) With fire.
(c) By land.
(d) By sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the messenger report the voice of Octavia to Cleopatra?
2. What does Antony say he will possibly bathe in the "blood / Shall make it live again" in the second scene of the fourth act?
3. What does Antony, in Act 4, Scene 2's terminal line, say he and his fellows ought to drown?
4. What is an appropriate synonym for "appointment" as used in line 8 of Act 4, Scene 10?
5. About what age does the messenger report his guessing of Octavia's age to Cleopatra?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)