Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigone asks how she will be executed. What is the answer?
2. In Part 5, what does Creon say about Polynices and Eteocles?
3. What does Creon say he is going to do in Part 4 in response to Polynices's body being covered?
4. What does Creon say he will do if Antigone does what he tells her to do in Part 5?
5. What was Jonas doing when he discovered Antigone covering Polynices's body?
Essay Topic 1
Up until the end, Antigone appears unsure of Haemon's true feelings for her. She wavers between thinking he desires Ismene to believing he loves her and her alone. Recalling passages from the play, what do you think Haemon's character represents? Do you think he represents true love? Perhaps he represents stability or honor or faithfulness. Explain what you think Haemon represents and why.
Essay Topic 2
The Chorus is another element common to Greek tragedies, often representing the feelings of the spectators of the tragedy. When there is sorrow and the character appears stoic, the Chorus wails its anguish. Anger, confusion, practically any extreme emotion is carried out by the Chorus while the characters seem resigned to whatever event might be occurring. Recall a situation where the Chorus is employed in "Antigone." What is the Chorus's role in this situation? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What purpose does the Chorus serve? Is it a genuine character or more of a narrator? Do you think that his role is necessary or extraneous? Why?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)