Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigone asks how she will be executed. What is the answer?
2. In Part 5, what does Creon say about Polynices and Eteocles?
3. What does Creon say he is going to do in Part 4 in response to Polynices's body being covered?
4. What does Creon say he will do if Antigone does what he tells her to do in Part 5?
5. What was Jonas doing when he discovered Antigone covering Polynices's body?
Essay Topic 1
Up until the end, Antigone appears unsure of Haemon's true feelings for her. She wavers between thinking he desires Ismene to believing he loves her and her alone. Recalling passages from the play, what do you think Haemon's character represents? Do you think he represents true love? Perhaps he represents stability or honor or faithfulness. Explain what you think Haemon represents and why.
Essay Topic 2
After hearing of Haemon's death, Creon's wife commits suicide in dramatic fashion--by slitting her own throat. However, despite the drama in her manner of death, her death itself is an anticlimax. Why? Does her death add anything to the story at all? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The climax is the penultimate moment of emotion in a story. Identify the climax of "Antigone" and discuss why you believe that is the climax. Do you think any other moment in the play qualifies? If so, what is it and why do you believe so? If not, explain what about this particular passage makes it the only climax of the story,
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)